Author Topic: Ben Shapiro speech: People Who Sacrifice Conservatism On The Altar Of Trump Are 'SOFT'  (Read 1523 times)

geronl

Speaking at the same venue that Trump did the other day, Western Conservative Summit, Ben Shapiro (with a much bigger crowd than Trumps) brought down the house!

http://www.dailywire.com/node/7155?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

EXCERPT
The Western Conservative Summit, organized by the Centennial Institute of Colorado Christian University, convened this weekend, with luminaries speaking including prospective GOP nominee Donald Trump, Senators Ben Sasse and Tom Cotton, former presidential candidate Carly Fiorina, TV star Phil Robertson, former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, radio hosts Dennis Prager, Hugh Hewitt, and Erick Erickson, and Daily Wire Editor-in Chief Ben Shapiro. The video of Shapiro's previous appearance at the summit two years ago is the most widely-viewed video of any speech ever given at the summit, and this time was no different; of all the speeches given, Shapiro's speech was hailed by Jeff Hunt, the leader and director of the Centennial Institute, as the best speech of the event, as he called him "The speech champion of the summit."

We are four months from a presidential election pitting the most corrupt, manipulative, self-obsessed Democrat in America against Hillary Clinton.

I’m joking.

But not really

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It's not a joke.  I was it was.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

SOFT= Sell Outs For Trump

Offline sinkspur

Crowd at Trump's speech is on the top:

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:18:49 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

You may want to shrink those a bit, not as much as Trump's hands though

Silver Pines

@geronl . thanks for posting that.  What an excellent speech.

Offline Hoodat

Ben Shapiro rocks !
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Mechanicos

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ben Shapiro and The Anti Trump Crowd

I used to like Ben a lot, but now I don't. At first I thought his Anti-Trump stance has slipped form principled opposition to outright obsession. I remember reading his articles during the 2008 and the 2012 Primaries where he pretty much landed in the NONE OF THE ABOVE Camp.  Which I thought of at the time as a bit odd, but some people have really picky tastes.  I've always been more of a 7/10 IS GOOD ENOUGH Man. 

Now things are different. 
Now Mr. Shapiro has a horse by the name of Ted Cruz that he is going to back 1000%.
Now Conservatives are going to win the White House.
Now Conservatives will restore the Constitution and right the Great Ship of State.
Now this time we are going to do it!

Now I have learned that there maybe  more of a financial motive to all of this.
Ben Shapiro not only holds down the job of Editor at Large for Breitbart News, but he also is a featured writer and podcaster for DailyWire.com  I was screwing around on the website when I came across the TERMS OF USE page since I was thinking about signing up for the Subscription Service.  I scrolled down the page and came across this:

Forward Publishing
ATTN: Customer Service
​PO Box 1644
Cisco Tx 76437

Why the heck is a guy who lives in Los Angeles working for a company based out of a Dallas Suburb?  So I decided to do quick search for Forward Publishing LLC and see what comes up.

Further research had shown that the owners of this company is none other then the Wilks Brothers.  Levi Wilks is listed as the Manager of Forward Publishing and has ties to 7 Pillar Records LLC.  In turn 7 Pillar is run by a fellow named Farris Wilks.  Farris is famous for being a real Texas Success Story, going from Brick Layer to Oil and Gas Tycoon to Church Preacher. 

These are the very same Texas Billionaires who gave an impressive $15 million to a Ted Cruz Super PAC. Why haven't we been told about this?  This looks like if The Times invested a lot of money into GM and then ran articles about how the only car that doesn't suck is a Chevy. 

Ben is a really smart man and I do not want to accuse him of fraud. All I would like to know is whether or not Ben knew about this and how much did this influence his commentary. A Cynic that lives deep inside me (right next to the gall bladder) tells me that this does explain why he has been so hyper critical of Trump or anyone else for that matter and has repeatedly glossed over the mistakes of Ted Cruz.  I really don't want to believe him but I don't want to be a sucker either. 

http://northcountrydispatch.blogspot.com/2016/03/ben-shapiro-and-anti-trump-crowd.html
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
No, not 'soft' - simply not Conservatives who are governed by principle. 

They just self-identify as Conservative and vote party regardless of who or what they are running.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

For those who don't like to follow links, here is Shapiro

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqSfbw1tas

woooooooot.......woooooooooot.......