Author Topic: Hillary Clinton raised nearly $70 million in June; Crushing Trump in the Money Race  (Read 248 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: WASHINGTON TIMES

URL: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/hillary-clinton-raised-nearly-70-million-june/

by: y Ben Wolfgang

Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign in June raised nearly $70 million and begins July with about $44 million in the bank, according to fundraising totals released Friday afternoon.

Of the $70 million, about $40 million will fund Mrs. Clinton’s campaign, and another $28 million will go to the Democratic National Committee and state Democratic arms.

With the primary race now virtually over and the general election campaign in full swing, Mrs. Clinton saw her numbers tick up substantially in June. The campaign raised about $27 million in May.

“Our first month of general election fundraising proved to be the best of the campaign,” Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook said in a statement. “Thanks to the continued support of nearly 1.6 million people, we have been able to help Democrats build out an organizing infrastructure across the country that will mobilize millions of voters and help elect progressive candidates up and down the ballot.”

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title:
"Hillary Clinton raised nearly $70 million in June; Crushing Trump in the Money Race"

The "money race" doesn't seem to be counting for so much this election cycle -- at least so far.

Look at the millions that were spent in anti-Trump ads during the Republican primaries.
And look what it bought.

For all the cash Hillary "raised" in June, hasn't helped her standing in the polls.
At least if Rasmussen is to be believed...

Offline kjam22

I thought King Trumpy was going to self fund his campaign.    This past week I received email money requests from Eric Trumpy, Newt, Manaford, and just yesterday from King Trumpy himself.    It's to bad no one will take the time to read what I told each of them in my reply
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline SirLinksALot

I thought King Trumpy was going to self fund his campaign.    This past week I received email money requests from Eric Trumpy, Newt, Manaford, and just yesterday from King Trumpy himself.    It's to bad no one will take the time to read what I told each of them in my reply

We all know that the Trump boast of being able to self-fund his campaign is just that -- HOTAIR ( apologies to the blog site ).

Most of his money is NOT LIQUID and tied up in REAL ESTATE assets. What's he going to do, sell his hotels, buildings and golf courses to raise the $1 Billion to match Hillary's fund raising?

Anybody who takes time to think about it knows that this ain't gonna happen.

Oceander

Trump was never going to self-fund.  Funding a real campaign for the general election could run to a billion dollars and that is almost certainly more cash than Orange Julius could beg, borrow, or steal in just a few months.  The self-funding lie was always that - a lie - and the fact that the Trumpists bought it hook, line, and sinker simply demonstrates the depths of their fear, desperation, and gullibility.