Author Topic: Senator: Navy Evaluates Commanders Based On Climate Change Views  (Read 650 times)

rangerrebew

Senator: Navy Evaluates Commanders Based On Climate Change Views
Photo of Michael Bastasch
Michael Bastasch
6:13 PM 06/30/2016

Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse recently told people gathered in New York City that global warming “denial” hurts U.S. soldiers in the field and that the “main problem” with the military is its reluctance to join the climate crusade.

“The problem has been that the uniformed military has been reluctant to put its voice into – or its image into this fight,” Whitehouse said, according to a YouTube video posted Thursday.

“But, it’s hard to put a panel of people in uniform in front of the Environmental and Public Works Committee and say, you know, I’m a general, I’m an Admiral, I’m the head of the Marine Corps, we’re telling you,” said Whitehouse, who sits on the Senate committee in question.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/30/senator-navy-evaluates-commanders-based-on-climate-change-views/#ixzz4DA0JxckN

READ MORE

rangerrebew

Re: Senator: Navy Evaluates Commanders Based On Climate Change Views
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 12:45:25 pm »
This is another example of how Obama has skillfully destroyed the Navy.  The most capable people may not get promoted if they don't believe in global warming.  Communism, anyone?  When will the government start putting government watchdogs on ships and bases?  Maybe they are already there. :bullie pirate:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 09:14:55 am »
This is another example of how Obama has skillfully destroyed the Navy.  The most capable people may not get promoted if they don't believe in global warming.  Communism, anyone?  When will the government start putting government watchdogs on ships and bases?  Maybe they are already there. :bullie pirate:
Just another flavor of Lysenkoism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 09:25:28 am »
Just another flavor of Lysenkoism.

Beat me to it... Just more pseudo science that is politically correct. Lysenkoism is a perfect example. How many will they kill this time?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 09:38:46 am »
Beat me to it... Just more pseudo science that is politically correct. Lysenkoism is a perfect example. How many will they kill this time?
Well, the range of possibilities includes everything from running a zodiac aground to Global Nuclear War. (After all, that 'Nuclear Winter' thingy will take some of the edge off the warming, right? /sarc)

All they really need to do is pop a couple of the supervolcanoes out there with 'bunker buster' nukes, and let the stratospheric sulfates do the cooling thingy...and the ash fall and famine should put them in line with the GA guidestones...

If they can believe the whole Global Warming thing, they can be dangerously 'out there' in some lala land where they are unpredictable. Not exactly what you want with a boomer load of kickass.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 09:43:07 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis