Author Topic: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?  (Read 10289 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: LET'S SEE.... WHAT ARE MY CHOICES.?
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2016, 09:06:09 pm »
Castle will be my pick, too, if he's on the ballot in my state.  Otherwise, I think abstaining from the presidential vote and voting downticket is a valid option.

The Constitution Party has been asking for help getting on the ballot in some states, if you are so inclined.  He's on the ballot in Florida and I will be voting for him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2016, 11:38:55 pm »
You and yours took over and purged principled Conservatives from myriad forums and groups including FR to become Safe Spaces and echo chambers for Trump worship.

You have plenty of options to choose from to assuage your boredom with neverTrump Conservatives on this board.

Stop complaining and just go then.

Don't you have a sermon to prepare for tomorrow?  A flock to attend to? Or does your general nastiness repel people ?

I have NOT taken over anything, or been purged from any sites. That distinction belongs to you.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Labette

• Show us on this doll where Trump made it hurt.
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2016, 01:08:45 am »
   Labette ->  "Did you know ego/pride has a constructive use?.... "

INVAR -> "...Completely unbiblical.  Ego and pride is the seed to all sin and the root of all despotic tyrants who destroyed their own societies.  There is NOTHING constructive about ego and pride unless the Devil's rationale and reasoning is what motivates ones thinking.

Humility and an attitude of service is what makes a good leader.  Ego, pride and braggarts are what makes a tyrant."
--------------------------------------

Disregard for the laws of God and man make the tyrant.
EVERY single great leader, boss, manager, I ever knew had a touch of "the ego".
Think about that.  We are electing a CEO, not a pope.  "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one"

What I am suggesting (and what you overlooked) is that we use Trumps marketing shtick - his "ego" - to hold his feet to the fire.
Is a guy with his name in big letters on the side of his jet going to take a dive and sell out his name and his countrymen? For what?? Hillary?  Would a man like this set himself up for certain ridicule?   

By the way, I didn't catch who you were voting for on November eighth.  Care to tip your hand and tell us what percent of the vote he/she will carry?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2016, 04:28:59 am »
Completely unbiblical.  Ego and pride is the seed to all sin and the root of all despotic tyrants who destroyed their own societies.  There is NOTHING constructive about ego and pride unless the Devil's rationale and reasoning is what motivates ones thinking.

Humility and an attitude of service is what makes a good leader.  Ego, pride and braggarts are what makes a tyrant.

Two thumbs way up!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2016, 04:35:29 am »
What I am suggesting (and what you overlooked) is that we use Trumps marketing shtick - his "ego" - to hold his feet to the fire.

This makes zero sense.  Trump advocates higher taxes, amnesty for deported illegals, universal health care, funding for Planned Parenthood, disregard for the Bill of Rights, and the fascism model of property rights.  Exactly how are his feet being held to the fire?

Would a man like this set himself up for certain ridicule?

He already has.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kartographer

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2016, 04:46:54 am »
Now I know how the Poles felt in WW II Hitler or Stalin?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2016, 06:57:21 am »

Think about that.  We are electing a CEO, not a pope.  "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one"

Such has been the mantra since Reagan, and each cycle the candidates offered grow more hubris, vulgar, rash, wicked, corrupt and thoroughly compromising liberals to the point there is no difference at all between whom the Democrats put up or the GOP.  Because this people buy the insipid notion that because we are not voting for a pope or pastor that we can choose someone who has zero morality, principles or trust.

Your lesser evils has resulted in evil being the only choice people are given and evil will not suffer any rivals.

You go ahead and think that and do that.  Because I will have no responsibility for voting for Trump, you can be the one to hold his feet to the fire.  I think such an idea is a lesson in gross imbecility given the man Trump is.

Is a guy with his name in big letters on the side of his jet going to take a dive and sell out his name and his countrymen?

Yup.  History is full of such men.  Legacy, power, a dynasty and an empire are all factors that motivated Fascists.

Would a man like this set himself up for certain ridicule?   

Like Trump suffers when ridiculed now????  You obviously don't even know your own candidate.

By the way, I didn't catch who you were voting for on November eighth.  Care to tip your hand and tell us what percent of the vote he/she will carry?

My choice carries 96% of my principles, which vastly outweighs anything else to me.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2016, 07:06:19 am »
   Labette -> 
Disregard for the laws of God and man make the tyrant.
EVERY single great leader, boss, manager, I ever knew had a touch of "the ego".

The purpose of that saying was NOT to excuse sin, but simply to remind people that it's by the grace of God that they achieve salvation.

Your remark is a classic example of how the devil works.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2016, 07:09:34 am »

Um ..... Kind of hard to "hold someones feet to the fire" when any criticism, no matter how small, is greeted with total rage (or worse, spin) by the guy's supporters. It gets boring.

Do you hold his feet to the fire? Criticise? I honestly don't know either way, maybe you do.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ginger Republic

• HRH Archduchess Tamar de Bruce the Red, Guardian of Nirvana
  • Formerly known as Tamar1973
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2016, 08:06:45 am »
Now I know how the Poles felt in WW II Hitler or Stalin?

goopo
2016 shows that most so-called conservatives & liberals want a tyrant, not a leader; Americans want a monarchy, not a republic.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"Sometimes the only choices you have are bad ones but you still have to choose."The 12th Dr. Who

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2016, 10:53:34 am »
This makes zero sense.  Trump advocates higher taxes, amnesty for deported illegals,  funding for Planned Parenthood, disregard for the Bill of Rights, and the fascism model of property rights. Exactly how are his feet being held to the fire?
This is one of the reasons why people are leaving #nevertrump is droves. Not one thing stated in the bolded spew was the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

1. Trump advocates higher taxes - Not true.
2. amnesty for deported illegals - Not true
3. universal health care - Not true.
4. funding for Planned Parenthood - Misleading - hes not for funding Abortions.
5. disregard for the Bill of Rights - Not true
6. and the fascism model of property rights - Not true

Every one of the talking points above have been discussed extensively in this forum and when the facts came out that it was spin, editing and taking out of context to create the above taking points.   

The above talking points are either opposition spin of what was really said by Trump, or made up out of whole cloth.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2016, 11:24:13 am »
@Mechanicos
I concede your point that for the most part the things you highlighted are not what he has said. Ultimately, though,  it comes down to this:
The vast majority of trumpeters are basing their choice on what he has said throughout this campaign season, as is their right.  The vast majority of #neverTrump are basing their decision on what he has DONE throughout his life, as is our right.  You will not convince us that Trump is just fine and dandy because we have a record by which he can be judged.  The trumpeters dismiss that record in lieu of what he says now.

And ne'er the twain shall meet.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:24:44 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2016, 11:40:43 am »
@Mechanicos
I concede your point that for the most part the things you highlighted are not what he has said. Ultimately, though,  it comes down to this:
The vast majority of trumpeters are basing their choice on what he has said throughout this campaign season, as is their right.  The vast majority of #neverTrump are basing their decision on what he has DONE throughout his life, as is our right.  You will not convince us that Trump is just fine and dandy because we have a record by which he can be judged.  The trumpeters dismiss that record in lieu of what he says now.

And ne'er the twain shall meet.

Thing is as shown #neverTrump has bad information even of his life. He has done some bad things, hes also done good things. The liberals controlling #neverTrump ensure that none of the good things see the light of day and the bad things are spun to the worst possible light so as to outrage.

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2016, 11:54:07 am »
Nice talking point AND red herring all rolled into one about the "liberals controlling" #nevertrump.  Source please?
All I know, is THIS man on this keyboard, has made his mind up to never vote for that despicable specimen solely based on his actual record.  And the sooner you trumpeters understand that there are millions like me and stop looking for boogeymen to explain why orange glorious is failing, the better off you'll be.

I will not vote for a dishonest, utterly untrustworthy liberal...ever.  And if he happens to win...and if I happen to be wrong, I'll be happy to say so.  Until then, stop trying to convince us of just how dreamy orange glorious is just because you happen to believe him when he whispers that he'll still love you in the morning.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2016, 12:03:27 pm »
Nice talking point AND red herring all rolled into one about the "liberals controlling" #nevertrump.  Source please?
All I know, is THIS man on this keyboard, has made his mind up to never vote for that despicable specimen solely based on his actual record.  And the sooner you trumpeters understand that there are millions like me and stop looking for boogeymen to explain why orange glorious is failing, the better off you'll be.

I will not vote for a dishonest, utterly untrustworthy liberal...ever.  And if he happens to win...and if I happen to be wrong, I'll be happy to say so.  Until then, stop trying to convince us of just how dreamy orange glorious is just because you happen to believe him when he whispers that he'll still love you in the morning.
Google Liberals meet with RNC to Stop Trump.

Then Google Apple CEO funds Ryan

#neverTrump was never a conservative operation. It was a joint Liberal/Rino pro-Establishment op from its inception and still is. The Cruz supporters still in it IMHO are unwitting victims being used by bad people.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2016, 12:25:42 pm »
Don't you understand?  Most (!!!) never trumpers aren't part of any operation!  I could give a flying fig what any of those swine do with or to Ryan or any of the RNC.  I despise them just as much as the most ardent trumpeter does.  But you are conflating the two, people like me and whatever the powers that be are doing, so you don't have to wrap your head around WHY the vast majority of us wil not vote for trump, ever.  If they manage to deny trump, I consider them useful idiots who've managed to do something right for once rather than I support them. 

We regular folks who are never trump ARE #nevertrump because we believe him to be just as existential a threat to the republic as Hillary.  Just as fervently as you believe him to be the savior of the republic.  The problem for you is that all available evidence supports our viewpoint.  All you've got is what he's flapped his lips about. 

I'm not ever gonna convince you because yours is based on faith.  And you're not ever going to convince me because mine is based on objective evidence.  How about we both stop trying?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2016, 12:34:30 pm »
Don't you understand?  Most (!!!) never trumpers aren't part of any operation!  I could give a flying fig what any of those swine do with or to Ryan or any of the RNC.  I despise them just as much as the most ardent trumpeter does.  But you are conflating the two, people like me and whatever the powers that be are doing, so you don't have to wrap your head around WHY the vast majority of us wil not vote for trump, ever.  If they manage to deny trump, I consider them useful idiots who've managed to do something right for once rather than I support them. 

We regular folks who are never trump ARE #nevertrump because we believe him to be just as existential a threat to the republic as Hillary.  Just as fervently as you believe him to be the savior of the republic.  The problem for you is that all available evidence supports our viewpoint.  All you've got is what he's flapped his lips about. 

I'm not ever gonna convince you because yours is based on faith.  And you're not ever going to convince me because mine is based on objective evidence.  How about we both stop trying?
Beliefs based on bad information provided by people who mean you no good.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2016, 12:39:58 pm »
How condescendingly presumptuous of you. 

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »
How condescendingly presumptuous of you.
Based on facts. Follow the money.

Offline Minarch

• Justice is coming to all of us.
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2016, 01:03:54 pm »
Based on facts. Follow the money.

This is exactly what I would expect a high school ******* to say.

When do you graduate?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:12:00 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »
This is exactly what I would expect a high school ******** to say.

When do you graduate?
********* do not use logic reason and facts. ******* make emotional personal attacks like you just did.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:12:47 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »
Leave off the name calling.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2016, 01:25:46 pm »
Easy to eliminate gun-free zones since the DOJ can prosecute those who create them as violating constitutional rights. It kinda is one of the things they can legitimately do.

Would that include gun-free zones in the White House, the Capitol, jails, prisons, and courts?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2016, 01:28:15 pm »
Would that include gun-free zones in the White House, the Capitol, jails, prisons, and courts?
Good question. Jails yes for those due process has Stripped of their rights. The WH has never been gun-free. Neither has the Capital, nor are the courts.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2016, 01:31:11 pm »
 **nononono*

Why did you have to include jails and prisons? That was a rock-bleeping stupid addition.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink