Author Topic: Summit to test conservatives’ support of Trump ahead of convention  (Read 2466 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Summit to test conservatives’ support of Trump ahead of convention
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2016, 08:30:40 pm »
Are you disparaging someone for *not* being one-dimensional?  Wow.

No, not at all. I'm saying government work is not as hard or intellectually taxing as everyone pretends it is. Look at your average city, state, or fedgov employee.

At this stage of governmental dysfunction, Trump's private sector experience, where results count, rocks! That's my considered opinion. I come by it honestly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:32:52 pm by aligncare »

Offline WAC

« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2016, 08:41:41 pm »
...You stated that ..." Trump claimed Education was one of the top 3 functions of the federal government"....

As did other Presidents making it a priority.... as follows.

1980, Congress established the Department of Education as a Cabinet level agency.
 for the next 12 years under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, education was a priority issue.
 The religious and private sectors were involved as well, with introductions of tax credits, parental involvement and vouchers.

1989, President George H. W. Bush signaled public school choice to be a “high priority.”
 formed a task force to study Hispanic education and called for an “Indian education bill of rights” to help improve education for Native Americans..... Drug education also came to the forefront during his Administration.

1991, President Bush formed the National Education Goals Panel to create a national assessment system to measure progress toward the national education goals for 2000.
 Congress passed a bill to create a national council on education standards and testing, the purpose of which would be to study the feasibility and desirability of creating national standards and a national examination system for students.

During President Bill Clinton’s administration, education achievement 'focused' on the Goals 2000 competitive grants.

President George W. Bush made education issues a priority. NCLB, as described above, was one of the first bills passed by Congress during his Administration.

@geronl

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2016, 08:43:08 pm »
No, not at all. I'm saying government work is not as hard or intellectually taxing as everyone pretends it is. Look at your average city, state, or fedgov employee.

At this stage of governmental dysfunction, Trump's private sector experience, where results count, rocks! That's my considered opinion. I come by it honestly.

Oh absolutely, your average DMV worker needs the same set of skills as the President. :P

Offline WAC

« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2016, 08:45:03 pm »
..... I'm saying government work is not as hard or intellectually taxing as everyone pretends it is. Look at your average city, state, or fedgov employee....At this stage of governmental dysfunction, Trump's private sector experience, where results count, rocks! That's my considered opinion. I come by it honestly.

You are exactly right.....My son is a heavy hitter in the VA and states often the frustration level of lazy workers who only do the very least they have to because they know they can't be fired...that there is no incentive for them to do good work so they don't.

Silver Pines

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2016, 08:45:21 pm »
I'm for Donald Trump being president solely because I think he will make an excellent chief executive officer and commander-in-chief. The part where he puts an end to the Bush and Clinton dynasties is just an add on bonus.  ^-^

Okay, but in supporting the candidate, you're supporting the man and his character.  It's a package deal.

Offline WAC

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2016, 08:50:04 pm »
No, actually what you wrote isn't clear at all.  What you're saying is Trump's big stand on education is to leave it the way that it is, but make people think it's something else?

LOLROTF...  I think we can close this conversation now that it's gone into the twilight zone...Bye!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

LOLROTF...  I think we can close this conversation now that it's gone into the twilight zone...Bye!

Perhaps you could be more articulate in the future.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2016, 09:40:30 pm »

Trump claimed Education was one of the top 3 functions of the federal government not too long ago

Actually he said security 3 times but do not let facts get in your way and keep adding the question was not about only the federal government. Its was all government which includes States. But then truth will not help the rage spews against the guy who beat Cruz.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2016, 09:45:35 pm »
Actually he said security 3 times but do not let facts get in your way and keep adding the question was not about only the federal government. Its was all government which includes States. But then truth will not help the rage spews against the guy who beat Cruz.

FACTS:

"On Tuesday during CNN's town hall, Donald Trump was asked what he thinks are the top three functions of government.

He answered, "[t]he greatest function of all by far is security for our nation. I would also say health care, I would also say education."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2016, 09:48:08 pm »
FACTS:

"On Tuesday during CNN's town hall, Donald Trump was asked what he thinks are the top three functions of government.

He answered, "[t]he greatest function of all by far is security for our nation. I would also say health care, I would also say education."
That's not really what he meant though.  He said "I would say.."  that doesn't mean that was his answers, that just means if it weren't for security he would say education....big league. :P

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »
That's not really what he meant though.  He said "I would say.."  that doesn't mean that was his answers, that just means if it weren't for security he would say education....big league. :P

If I learned anything from his online excusers, it's that whatever Trump clearly said, it's not what he REALLY said.

We have always been at war with EastAsia...

I love Orange Brother.

Offline HootOwl

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2016, 10:52:14 pm »
FACTS:

Very disappointing  a conservative Republican.  Where were your brains during the primaries???  You notice he quit debating as soon as most candidates dropped out.  He still brags about running against 16 opponents.  Without that bunch  he would have never been nominated. :chairbang:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:22 pm »
FACTS:

And you did get the question was not limited to the Federal Government? So Yes those are what many people including conservatives on Medicare think are correct. So what is your point?

Oh right you think a GOP is going to win a presidential election saying hes going to end Medicare...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2016, 11:01:44 pm »
And you did get the question was not limited to the Federal Government? So Yes those are what many people including conservatives on Medicare think are correct. So what is your point?

Oh right you think a GOP is going to win a presidential election saying hes going to end Medicare...

FACTS:

HonestJohn

« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2016, 11:30:48 pm »

Some governmental work... yes.

Other governmental work... not so much.

Or do you know how to make a hydrogen bomb?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2016, 11:37:08 pm »
FACTS:

Yeah thats a correct response for most Americans. "Government" per civics class in grade school includes state and federal government. And No GOP not even Cruz was going to say he would stop medicare. So Federal for Security (Military, intelligence, etc) Healthcare (see medicare and other stuff like state medical). Education is most obviously a State function.
So all 3 are to most Americans government functions.  Should they be? That's why we need a conservative court which we have no chance of getting with Hillary.