Author Topic: BREAKING - Homeland security chief says unfolding situation at Joint Base Andrews (shooter)  (Read 993 times)

Offline mountaineer

Homeland security chief says unfolding situation at Andrews
RICHARD LARDNER,Associated Press 2 minutes 48 seconds ago

WASHINGTON (AP) β€” Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson says there is an "unfolding situation" at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland but is providing no further details.

The base tweeted Thursday it is on lockdown due to a report of an active shooter. Joint Base Andrews is home to Air Force One.

The tweet instructs all personnel at the base in Washington's Maryland suburbs to shelter in place and says more information will be released as it comes.

Johnson is testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee. He says he may have to take a break from the hearing as the situation at Andrews develops.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:05:06 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Joint Base Andrews on lockdown after active shooter report
Published June 30, 2016 FoxNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/30/joint-base-andrews-on-lockdown-after-active-shooter-report0.html?intcmp=hpbt1
Department of Defense investigating reports

The Pentagon confirmed an active shooter at Joint Base Andrews on Thursday, as the base directed its personnel to shelter in place.

A drill scheduled for Thursday morning had been cancelled and the base was calling the situation a "real world threat," according to Dylan Kuckolls, a senior airman and public information officer at JBA.

Homeland Security Security Jeh Johnson called the incident an "unfolding situation."

The FBI was actively monitoring the situation.

"There were reports of an active shooter incident on base at Malcolm Grow medical facility at approximately 9 a.m. today, June 30, 2016," the base reported on its Facebook page. "Personnel on base have been directed to shelter in place.

"The base was scheduled to conduct an active shooter exercise, however, reports of a real-world active shooter situation were reported at Malcolm Grow medical facility. First responders are currently on scene to secure the location."

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
β€œThe way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mountaineer

The Andrews Air Force base in Maryland was placed on lockdown due to a misunderstanding during an "active shooter" drill.

A distress call was mistakenly made when someone saw security forces conducting an inspection, the base said in a Facebook post.

A gunman was reported to be in a medical facility on the base. ...
BBC 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not jumpy at all, are they?

Offline WAC

Not jumpy at all, are they?

I'll assume the base has all their weapons under lock and key?
 If so of course they'll be jumpy like sitting ducks!...Fort Hood gave every soldier reason to be jumpy.......especially in light that Jeh is a Islamic Muslim heading our national security and was just drilled this week that they've been systematically scrubbing intelligence reports from any mention of the words, Muslim Extremist, Jihad, Muslim Brotherhood, Radical Islam and other specific "words" of definition. Thus preventing authorities from being pro-active to prevent attacks here.

We are so done if this keeps up and these Muslims continue to operate in national security positions while claiming that their religion has been hyjacked...as Jeh openly claimed..."my religion"...

HonestJohn

It was an active shooter exercise... and someone forgot to tell anyone but the exercise participants about it.

So the dependents, civilians, retirees, and everyone else not in the know thought it the real thing and called it in.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

False alarm, lockdown lifted.

Likely caused by a 100% collapse in communications discipline.  Airmen spend too much time learning about gays and trannies to learn basic military skills.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 04:33:21 pm by Half Vast Conspiracy »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It was an active shooter exercise... and someone forgot to tell anyone but the exercise participants about it.

So the dependents, civilians, retirees, and everyone else not in the know thought it the real thing and called it in.

Its happened before.   I used to work in Strategic Air Command in areas marked as "Use of Deadly Force Authorized".   During one exercise they were testing the guard to see if he would catch a hidden weapon.  They put a toy gun in their bag.   Once past security the tester reached in and pulled the toy gun out.  Just as he was pointing it at the guard and saying "Bang", the guard put a real round into the testers head.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

HonestJohn

Likely caused by a 100% collapse in communications discipline.  Airmen spend too much time learning about gays and trannies to learn basic military skills.

Aaaand you know this how?

Aaaand you know this how?

28 years on active duty and the last five in civil service.

Offline driftdiver

Thats why you do exercises.  To practice and find areas that need improvement.

Thats why you do exercises.  To practice and find areas that need improvement.

It's also why all exercise communications are properly prefaced:  EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE

HonestJohn

So how much gay/tranny training have you had?

Offline driftdiver

It's also why all exercise communications are properly prefaced:  EXERCISE EXERCISE EXERCISE

@Half Vast Conspiracy

Except if this was people observing activity taking place and not a communication they wouldnt have used that language.

They should have made announcements and/or had observers.  Thats what we always had.   Everyone knew there was an exercise if there was a chance it could impact them.

So how much gay/tranny training have you had?

Too much, but that was just an easy example.  Airmen spend way too much time doing off-topic training to satisfy social engineering goals.

Do you disagree?  Why?

HonestJohn

Too much, but that was just an easy example.  Airmen spend way too much time doing off-topic training to satisfy social engineering goals.

Do you disagree?  Why?

Being that I'm in the same boat, I'd like to compare.  I haven't had any gay/tranny training that I can recognize.  Perhaps the name of the online training module... or in-person class name/designators might jog my memory.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:32:07 pm by HonestJohn »

Being that I'm in the same boat, I'd like to compare.  I haven't had any gay/tranny training that I can recognize.  Perhaps the name of the online training module... or in-person class name/designators might jog my memory.

Many of the TFAT training courses have social engineering pieces to them.  The SAPR and Wingman Day briefings are laced with unnecessary elements (to include sensitivity to gays). 

I've patiently answered your questions.  I'm not sure, what your position is.

Do you think Airmen spend too much time doing off-topic training to satisfy social engineering goals?

Some in leadership do believe there is a problem:  2-star general puts wasteful 'queep' duties in crosshairs

@HonestJohn

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 01:22:25 am by Half Vast Conspiracy »