Author Topic: Sen. Mike Lee goes on epic rant about Donald Trump  (Read 356 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sen. Mike Lee goes on epic rant about Donald Trump
« on: June 30, 2016, 12:39:14 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/mike-lee-trump-rant-224970

Sen. Mike Lee goes on epic rant about Donald Trump

By Louis Nelson

06/30/16 06:58 AM EDT

Pressed during a telephone interview Thursday night to explain why he has not yet endorsed Donald Trump’s presidential bid, Sen. Mike Lee unloaded.

“Hey look, Steve, I get it. You want me to endorse Trump,” Lee (R-Utah) told NewsMaxTV host Steve Malzberg. “We can get into that if you want. We can get into the fact that he accused my best friend’s father of conspiring to kill JFK. We can go through the fact that he’s made statements that some have identified correctly as religiously intolerant. We can get into the fact that he’s wildly unpopular in my state, in part because my state consists of people who are members of a religious minority church. A people who were ordered exterminated by the governor of Missouri in 1838. And, statements like that make them nervous.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/mike-lee-trump-rant-224970#ixzz4D493ztdX
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Sen. Mike Lee goes on epic rant about Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »
"I’d like some assurances that he’s going to be a vigorous defender for the U.S. Constitution.”

“I’m sorry, sir,” Lee continued. “But that is not an unreasonable demand.”
Ditto, Sen. Lee.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »
Ditto, Sen. Lee.

We can look at his 'vigorous defense' of conservatism, the 2A, Pam Gellar and Kim Davis for what to expect.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:36:08 pm »
Thank you, Senator Lee.