Author Topic: Free the Delegates Takes Legal Action to Unbind Delegates  (Read 4391 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Free the Delegates Takes Legal Action to Unbind Delegates
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2016, 02:03:42 am »
@jmyrlefuller

With my heart, mind and soul:  Donald J. Trump is the right man at the right time for POTUS.

I pray, for the good of this great nation and the free world, that he wins the White House in November.

With my heart, mind, and soul: Donald J. Trump is the worst possible candidate for president and would make the worst president in the history of our country.  He is ignorant, a pathological liar, and vindictive.

He will not win in November because America has already formed its judgment of him.  And there are many days of gaffes, anger, and massive mistakes ahead for the Donald.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline WAC

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2016, 02:06:30 am »
 You wrote........"Cruz owns WAY more delegates than those allotted to him, and would be a fool to release those he has. Even though he lost the race, he is 'a massive power player at the convention', whether he participates or not.".......

That's exactly right and actually not uncommon for candidates to do........It's powerful "leverage" that Cruz can use  and this not AGAINST Trump but to "negotiate" what he wants to see Trump do once elected. ....and Trump wants those delegates.  So Cruz is in a good bargaining position.

Hillary did similar with Obama at their convention........she wasn't going to yield until what she bargained for was in the pot.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2016, 02:07:00 am »
With my heart, mind, and soul: Donald J. Trump is the worst possible candidate for president and would make the worst president in the history of our country.  He is ignorant, a pathological liar, and vindictive.

He will not win in November because America has already formed its judgment of him.  And there are many days of gaffes, anger, and massive mistakes ahead for the Donald.

Okay, I get it.  You don't like Donald Trump.    :seeya:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2016, 02:10:57 am »
To the Trump acolytes, the very fact that Cruz did not, on bended knee apologize to their lord and the world for competing with him and offer his soul in fealty,

Oh, please, stop this  :bs: @GtHawk

The only think I care about Cruz doing is helping Hillary become President.  ---- Other than that he can live long and prosper. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2016, 02:13:31 am »
You wrote........"Cruz owns WAY more delegates than those allotted to him, and would be a fool to release those he has. Even though he lost the race, he is 'a massive power player at the convention', whether he participates or not.".......

That's exactly right and actually not uncommon for candidates to do........It's powerful "leverage" that Cruz can use  and this not AGAINST Trump but to "negotiate" what he wants to see Trump do once elected. ....and Trump wants those delegates.  So Cruz is in a good bargaining position.

Hillary did similar with Obama at their convention........she wasn't going to yield until what she bargained for was in the pot.

The question is will Trump come like a man to the table with his vaunted negotiation skills, or will he continue playing the bullying pr*ck he has been up to this point?

Personally, I'm beginning to think all this negotiating prowess of his is BS, he's just a garden variety shyster with a flair for theater.

Offline WAC

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2016, 02:17:07 am »

I really disagree........all those comments describing Trump are just ordinary traits of a Narcissist Personality of Trumps type and style. Most Narcissist are like this but have learned tools to hide this, but they are like that. Trumps been an open book lacking those tools, which he's been getting crash courses on, evidenced in his speeches being more focused and on message.

And I do think he will win against Hillary despite the elitist news media framing Hillary as the likely.  Their FIX is in and they're committed to Hillary and Bill,  so from now until the election they will do everything possible  to prop the Clintons up...including tearing down Trump with lots of propaganda etc.....Further any poll related to the Elite media is going to be "produced" favorable toward Hillary sufficient to keep her popularity much higher than it really is...and it's horrible for her.

@ Right_in_Virginia

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2016, 02:22:15 am »
Agree ... if the reports are true.  And we're not 100% there yet, @RoosGirl

It no longer matters what Cruz believes about Trump's business being the nominee.  He went through the same primary season as Trump, and Trump got the most votes.  Trying to derail this or damage this nomination only helps Hillary Clinton.  I'm sure Ted Cruz knows this.  So, I'd like to know what he gets out of all of this that makes President Hillary Clinton--and all that means to this nation--a reasonable tradeoff for him. 

I'm genuinely confused by this.   :shrug:

It's the same answer for why I won't vote for Trump.  I don't understand why it's confusing.  He (Cruz) like we (NeverTrump) are not supporting Hillary, we don't want her to win, but we won't vote for Trump.  We just won't.  There is nothing "in it for us" if Hillary wins because Trump can't get his shit together and gain enough support from the base to beat her.

Offline WAC

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2016, 02:22:35 am »
The question is will Trump come like a man to the table with his vaunted negotiation skills, or will he continue playing the bullying pr*ck he has been up to this point?.......Personally, I'm beginning to think all this negotiating prowess of his is BS, he's just a garden variety shyster with a flair for theater.

Of course he will do both.....that's his style.....As to his negotiating skills,  Trumps all about "leverage" so I imagine he'll operate from that perspective first.  Additionally he'll have a team to negotiate for him, as he has had in business if you check his history.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:56 am »
What makes you think I am talking about you? I see different types of supporters of Trump, rational thoughtful ones and then there are those that worship him and excuse everything that he say and does and insult, attack and verbally abuse anyone that disagrees with or questions anything he says and does. Free Republic has been over run with the latter, driving out anyone that doesn't support Trump blindly. Personally I don't think anyone is perfect, at least not anyone that hasn't ascended and I will question what I disagree with, I don't care who it is,  I started getting in trouble by questioning the so called American royalty, clan kennedy and never turned back. So no I will not stop it, though I find it interesting that it is usually the latter type of Trump supporters that want others to stop while their denigration of those that disagree have no limits. It's really easy to see the type of person I'm talking about at FR, BlackFemaleArmyCaptain is maybe the best example.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2016, 02:28:43 am »
Of course he will do both.....that's his style.....As to his negotiating skills,  Trumps all about "leverage" so I imagine he'll operate from that perspective first.  Additionally he'll have a team to negotiate for him, as he has had in business if you check his history.

A good negotiator doesn't paint himself into a corner as Trump has done. Any good negotiator is careful not to p*ss off his opposition to the point the opposition doesn't care whether a deal is reached or not.

I don't believe Trump is nearly as good as his acolytes say he is.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2016, 02:33:57 am »
I don't believe Trump is nearly as good as his acolytes say he is.

I was a contractor for many years - I can guarantee I'd never do business with the man... Seen his kind many many times.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2016, 02:36:51 am »
A symptom of NeverTrump disease is to use words like "blame".  I'm not blaming Rafael.  I am wondering how he thinks this will help him.

He's not doing this to help keep the nation out of Hillary Clinton's control so he must be doing this for a much more self-centered motivation @Emjay

I am trying to figure out what he thinks will be his prize at the end of this effort--because I don't see one.

I'm curious to know your thoughts on this.

Are you really?  Well, my thoughts are that even Trump recognized a better man and knew he had to demonize Ted Cruz (who you choose to demean by calling Rafael) in order to keep the focus on himself.

I think that if Ted Cruz rises above the dismal and losing candidacy of Donald Trump, he will be in an excellent position to run in 2020.  He will stay visible in the Senate and the contrast between him and Trump will become ever more obvious.

If Trump wins, which seems unlikely, he will be an abject failure as a president.

Can you tell me one reason you think Trump is a better candidate.  I'm curious.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2016, 02:39:57 am »
I really disagree........all those comments describing Trump are just ordinary traits of a Narcissist Personality of Trumps type and style. Most Narcissist are like this but have learned tools to hide this, but they are like that. Trumps been an open book lacking those tools, which he's been getting crash courses on, evidenced in his speeches being more focused and on message.

And I do think he will win against Hillary despite the elitist news media framing Hillary as the likely.  Their FIX is in and they're committed to Hillary and Bill,  so from now until the election they will do everything possible  to prop the Clintons up...including tearing down Trump with lots of propaganda etc.....Further any poll related to the Elite media is going to be "produced" favorable toward Hillary sufficient to keep her popularity much higher than it really is...and it's horrible for her.

@ Right_in_Virginia

What evidence is there that Trump can beat Hillary?  He has no money, has spent virtually no money, goes from one thing to another, holds rallies at which he still embarrasses himself and is liable, at any time, to make a major gaffe. The media just have to cover him.  Play back his own words. They don't have to do a thing to trash him. He does that all by himself.

This election, right now, is about Trump. And that's a loser for Trump.  He has to get it to be a referendum on Hillary or it is REALLY over for him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2016, 02:41:04 am »

If his 'team' is anything like his team now, there will be nothing but power plays and infighting and the person who is most subservient to Trump will be his favorite.

And that will be the dumbest person in the room ... next to Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2016, 02:44:57 am »
The two leading candidates for VP are versions of Trump:  portly and men with notorious impulse control:  Newt and Christie.

Offline WAC

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2016, 02:45:46 am »
Normally I could agree with you...but our leaders have operated as that for how long now and we do get the short end of the stick every time.  So it's time and then some the game changes.

My brother negotiates massive amounts of a certain resource......one thing he's often shared is how unprepared people are when they come to the table, and vastly uninformed. Nor do they take the time to be so. Which is why he's successful as he is...he's not only prepared but he knows what his competitors are up more than they do themselves.

I asked why with so much at stake why they don't prepare......he owes it to pure laziness.... They choose not to put the work in required.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:35 am »
Normally I could agree with you...but our leaders have operated as that for how long now and we do get the short end of the stick every time.  So it's time and then some the game changes.

My brother negotiates massive amounts of a certain resource......one thing he's often shared is how unprepared people are when they come to the table, and vastly uninformed. Nor do they take the time to be so. Which is why he's successful as he is...he's not only prepared but he knows what his competitors are up more than they do themselves.

I asked why with so much at stake why they don't prepare......he owes it to pure laziness.... They choose not to put the work in required.

How prepared has Trump ever been for a debate?  Or for an interview?  Hell, he thought women ought to be punished for having abortions. 

Trump doesn't prepare for the most visible events of his life and he won't. That's why Hillary will kill him in a debate.

Offline WAC

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 02:52:53 am »
If his 'team' is anything like his team now, there will be nothing but power plays and infighting and the person who is most subservient to Trump will be his favorite.....And that will be the dumbest person in the room ... next to Trump.

However you might chose to define his team, ( which the infighting has ceased now the source of is gone), it's pretty apparent it's working for Trump regardless.

Further Politics IS all about power plays and manipulation......certainly Washington is. And any politician is going to want loyalty but I doubt very much there will even remotely be "dumb" people at Trumps table...and if per chance so they won't be there for long.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 03:00:06 am »

As a point of order, please use the quote feature, or ping me to the reply - I dang near missed this....

So unless one is a paranoid moron, the main reason Cruz has not endorsed, and has not released his candidates, is to retain bargaining power at the convention. All the rest is just whining, moaning, and throwing dirt in the air.

There is no reason to believe in grand conspiracies, nor is this anything but standard procedure.

Offline WAC

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 03:02:49 am »
How prepared has Trump ever been for a debate?  Or for an interview?  Hell, he thought women ought to be punished for having abortions.  .......Trump doesn't prepare for the most visible events of his life and he won't. That's why Hillary will kill him in a debate.

Trump wasn't about the debates, obviously, he was fully about his rallies without interruption as the means of moving his run from one goal post to the other in the Primary...it worked.....the general will will another story and chapter as it has been in other elections...things change for the general.

I didn't comment about the abortion issue as the context was omitted.  But I will say I did hear that exchange and agreed with Trump in the context stated at that time. The media spun that thereafter.

Offline WAC

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 03:05:50 am »
So unless one is a paranoid moron, the main reason Cruz has not endorsed, and has not released his candidates, is to retain bargaining power at the convention..... All the rest is just whining, moaning, and throwing dirt in the air.
There is no reason to believe in grand conspiracies, nor is this anything but standard procedure.

Yes.

@roamer_1

Offline WAC

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:03 am »

What evidence is there that Trump can beat Hillary?  He has no money, has spent virtually no money, goes from one thing to another, holds rallies at which he still embarrasses himself and is liable, at any time, to make a major gaffe. The media just have to cover him.  Play back his own words. They don't have to do a thing to trash him. He does that all by himself. ........This election, right now, is about Trump. And that's a loser for Trump.  He has to get it to be a referendum on Hillary or it is REALLY over for him.

I think we heard all that throughout the Primary as well yet here he is the Nominee. ...proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Look I realize you fully oppose Trump...but it's what it is.  I've determined to see the better side of Trump and the potentials possible for this country rather than go over the same old worn out issues people have with the man.  The page will turn here at convention and I'm all about seeing a Hillary lose.....

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 03:50:19 am »
I believe you said it all... unless more comes out.

Offline DB

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 04:00:01 am »
He boasts in a book about infidelity with married women.[/b]

It was more than that. He not only bragged about the married women he's had but that they were the wives of other powerful men. The man is sick in his quest for power. To be the "alpha male".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 05:15:53 am »
I believe you said it all... unless more comes out.

You misspelled 'until' ...