Author Topic: Why is Donald Trump asking British MPs for cash?  (Read 1082 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Why is Donald Trump asking British MPs for cash?
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:15:51 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/29/why-is-donald-trump-asking-british-mps-for-cash/

A number of British MPs – and their counterparts in Iceland and Australia – have been on the receiving end of “tedious” emails from Donald Trump’s team in recent days asking for campaign donations for the Republican presidential hopeful.

On Tuesday this week Conservative MP Roger Gale appealed to the Speaker of the Commons, saying: “Members of Parliament are being bombarded by electronic communications from Team Trump on behalf of somebody called Donald Trump.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LadyLiberty

Re: Why is Donald Trump asking British MPs for cash?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:36:29 pm »
Things like this happen when you surround yourself with inexperienced people and run things on the fly with no strategy.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
Is this legal?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »
So they hit send all to their email list, Hang em.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 06:06:29 pm »
Is this legal?

No. It is not legal.  The question is if the emails were sent from the campaign (the tweeted pictures appear they are) or from some other entity like a PAC or just a mistake such as someone didn’t review or edit a purchased email list – still technically illegal though.

The emails appear to be a clear-cut breach of electoral rules. The US Federal Election Commission regulations state that, "Contributions and donations may not be solicited, accepted, or received from or made directly or indirectly by, foreign nationals who do not have permanent residence in the United States."

http://www.cnet.com/news/trump-spams-foreign-politicians-with-fundraising-emails/#ftag=CAD590a51e

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 06:09:14 pm »

A bit harsh, that. But for violating election law they should all serve time in Club Fed.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 06:11:00 pm »
A bit harsh, that. But for violating election law they should all serve time in Club Fed.
Read the law, its what Hillary is doing aka receiving from them. A generic email to a mailing list is not going to get you Cruz so get over it.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »
Email trouble. Sounds familiar.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 06:31:27 pm »
Read the law, its what Hillary is doing aka receiving from them. A generic email to a mailing list is not going to get you Cruz so get over it.
I'm trying to follow your logic here Mechanicos. Since some of us like Cruz, therefore it's okay for Trump to break the law. I don't think that is the best constructed syllogism I've ever seen.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 06:48:33 pm »
I'm trying to follow your logic here Mechanicos. Since some of us like Cruz, therefore it's okay for Trump to break the law. I don't think that is the best constructed syllogism I've ever seen.

It's the same logic as supporting Trump because Cruz is " a phoney, a fake. Dishonest and playing a role. "

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »

Why would “their email list”, the one they use to solicit campaign contributions, even have the email addresses of foreign politicians?

Stuart Donald, a Scottish member of Parliament (MP) responded to a question on Twitter and confirmed he and many other MP’s have received numerous emails from the Trump campaign soliciting contributions and that they were sent to their @parliament.uk email addresses.

I would also add that I have worked on email campaigns for non-profits using Constant Contact. It is not difficult to filter out something like a .uk email addresses.  It could be a "rookie" mistake but even so, a bad one.

The emails came from teamtrump@DonaldJTrump.com. That is evidently a new domain name for the Trump campaign and may be responsible for the high rate of emails going to spam folders – see here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/spam-trump-fundraising-email-224775#ixzz4CzpUP23I

Return Path Senior Director of Research Tom Sather told Ad Age that the Trump fundraising email’s poor performance was likely a result of a change in domain. While previous emails had been sent from @DonaldTrump.com email addresses, the candidate’s fundraising push came from an @DonaldJTrump.com account. It’s that change in domain that likely sent the majority of the emails into spam folders, an easily-avoided mistake.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 07:02:39 pm »
Why would “their email list”, the one they use to solicit campaign contributions, even have the email addresses of foreign politicians?

Stuart Donald, a Scottish member of Parliament (MP) responded to a question on Twitter and confirmed he and many other MP’s have received numerous emails from the Trump campaign soliciting contributions and that they were sent to their @parliament.uk email addresses.

I would also add that I have worked on email campaigns for non-profits using Constant Contact. It is not difficult to filter out something like a .uk email addresses.  It could be a "rookie" mistake but even so, a bad one.

The emails came from teamtrump@DonaldJTrump.com. That is evidently a new domain name for the Trump campaign and may be responsible for the high rate of emails going to spam folders – see here:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/spam-trump-fundraising-email-224775#ixzz4CzpUP23I
Trump just opened a golf course in Scottland. Trump has admitted to buying and selling politicians on the open market. I'm assured this is a best practices policy for bussinessmen everywhere, especially slum lords, er I mean those in real estate. I'm guessing he needed their email to double check the account number to send the money too.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 07:32:02 pm »

More lies from a poster with no value.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 07:56:16 pm »
Well so much for using Hillary's foreign donors against her.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 08:06:38 pm »
Well so much for using Hillary's foreign donors against her.

Any chance these didn't come from Trump?

Could be an attempt by the Left to deflect from Hillary's "donations"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:09:51 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 08:26:32 pm »
Any proof its not the RNC doing it using Trumps name like they have done before? Any Proof its not a third party? Any proof anybody has donated illegally? Would you guys learn from all your past defeats? This will turn out to be nothing as well just like all the other "we got him now" crap people got hyper ventilating about.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »
Any proof its not the RNC doing it using Trumps name like they have done before? Any Proof its not a third party? Any proof anybody has donated illegally? Would you guys learn from all your past defeats? This will turn out to be nothing as well just like all the other "we got him now" crap people got hyper ventilating about.
What a presidential answer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 08:58:47 pm »

Any proof you ever have something besides lies and excuses for your liberal to offer?

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 09:03:11 pm »

See reply #10

The emails came from teamtrump@DonaldJTrump.com or Donald J Trump@DonaldJTrump.com

https://twitter.com/MDKanin/status/747435132949147649

DonaldJTrump.com is evidently a new domain name for the Trump campaign and the changeover from the domain they used in primary emails, DonaldTrump.com may be responsible for the high rate of their recent emails going to spam folders.

Now that is not to say that the email domain isn’t being spoofed somehow. If that were the case I would expect the Trump campaign to investigate, make a statement and perhaps even apologize to the MP’s for the confusion.

We will see what happens. Evidently a complaint has been filed with the FEC.  Time will tell if it has any legs or not.

http://www.campaignlegalcenter.org/news/press-releases/donald-trump-illegally-soliciting-money-foreign-nationals-fund-his-presidential

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »
Self funding would have avoided this all together.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 11:25:13 am »
Not a word about this on the evening news [even the Lefty channels]  but, plenty about Bill/Loretta and Hill's e-mails.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 11:28:48 am »
Why is Donald Trump asking British MPs for cash?

Because violating campaign finance laws is what Democrats do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-