Author Topic: McCain: 'It's up to every delegate to make up their own minds'  (Read 386 times)

Offline thatcher

McCain: 'It's up to every delegate to make up their own minds'

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says GOP delegates should be allowed to vote for any candidate they want to at the Republican National Convention next month, effectively siding with a movement among delegates to block presumptive nominee Donald Trump.

"I think it's up to every delegate to make up their own minds," McCain told The Weekly Standard on Tuesday. "I do not tell them what to do, I never have."
A group of delegates has been lobbying party officials to change convention rules in order to unbind them from voting for Trump.

Read more:  http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/285173-mccain-its-up-to-every-delegate-to-make-up-their-own

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: McCain: 'It's up to every delegate to make up their own minds'
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »
Color me surprised but pleased.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Re: McCain: 'It's up to every delegate to make up their own minds'
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »
Well, there's a ringing endorsement.  :silly:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn