Author Topic: Trump right now is underperforming Romney in 2012  (Read 1163 times)

Offline thatcher

Trump right now is underperforming Romney in 2012
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:02:00 pm »

So if it doesn't look like a Democratic wave is coming, what accounts for Clinton's early advantage? Answer: The NBC/WSJ poll shows Trump below Mitt Romney's performance among key voting groups.

Women: Clinton 52%, Trump 35% (Clinton +17) -- was Obama +11, per the 2012 exit polls
White Women: Trump 44%, Clinton 43% (Trump +1) -- was Romney +14 in 2012
Whites: Trump 49%, Clinton 37% (Trump +12) -- was Romney +20 in 2012
Latinos: Clinton 69%, Trump 22% (Clinton +47) -- was Obama +44 in 2012
Much more at:  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-democratic-wave-isn-t-coming-least-not-yet-n600201

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Trump right now is underperforming Romney in 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:08:32 pm »
Much more at:  http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-democratic-wave-isn-t-coming-least-not-yet-n600201

Maybe people can in fact, learn from their mistakes. I'll be shocked if they do though.

In 12, they convinced themselves that Mitt Romney, a man that not only was friend to the Kennedys, but who profited from the abortions he legislated, was going to change his stripes and be a non flip-flopping liberal...er conservative.

Less than 24 hours after the Great Fail, he reverted to all his previous positions.

Maybe they see the same in Trump. Because they should...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:57:44 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 03:33:32 pm »
I was told that this is because there are too many purists in the republican party.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
I was told that this is because there are too many purists in the republican party.

And SoCons. And Bible Thumpers. They are the WORST!!!

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »

This was a conversation I was having with a high school friend on FB.  I asked him my standard question that no Trump supporter has been able to asnwer; what conservative/republican cause has Trump worked towards over the last 5 years.  He told me it didn't matter, there were too many purists in the party and we needed to get more people in the tent.  This from a Catholic. My comment "You might as well vote democrat. Oh wait, you're already planning to."

Then in another post was complaining about homosexuals blaming the Orlando shooting on "Republican hate". 

How watered down do people think the platform should be?  How do these two ideas exist together?  Should republicans advance the same 'do whatever feels good' culture that the dems do to get people under the tent?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
Maybe people can in fact, learn from their mistakes. I'll be shocked if they do though.

In 12, they convinced themselves that Mitt Romney, a man that not only was friend to the Kennedys, but who profited from the abortions he legislated, was going to change his stripes and be a non flip-flopping liberal...er conservative.

Less than 24 hours after the Great Fail, he reverted to all his previous positions.

Maybe they see the same in Trump. Because they should...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 05:19:38 pm »
This was a conversation I was having with a high school friend on FB.  I asked him my standard question that no Trump supporter has been able to asnwer; what conservative/republican cause has Trump worked towards over the last 5 years.  He told me it didn't matter, there were too many purists in the party and we needed to get more people in the tent.  This from a Catholic. My comment "You might as well vote democrat. Oh wait, you're already planning to."

Then in another post was complaining about homosexuals blaming the Orlando shooting on "Republican hate". 

How watered down do people think the platform should be?  How do these two ideas exist together?  Should republicans advance the same 'do whatever feels good' culture that the dems do to get people under the tent?

Category error.

Most people don't 'think'. Because thinking leads to answers they'd rather not know.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 05:45:43 pm »
I've never looked upon a presidential election with as much sick dread as I do this one.  What's truly sad is, with the right candidate, at one time it might've been a potentially winnable election. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:52 pm »

I think the perception of purists and Bible Thumpers, especially by liberals, is that these groups are more prevalent  and intolerant than they actually are.

I know it's a little personal story but I have a lawyer friend who would lean toward conservatism but he is afraid of the social issues.

My only social issue is Pro-Life but that's not debatable.  I told him that but he didn't answer.

This phony LG whatever movement is soooo unimportant.  It's a miniscule  part of society and I don't care what they do... who does it really affect?

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 06:05:17 pm »
I've never looked upon a presidential election with as much sick dread as I do this one.  What's truly sad is, with the right candidate, at one time it might've been a potentially winnable election.

With Ted Cruz it would have been a landslide for Ted.  People were just getting to know him better when the early Trump victories took him out of the race.

In fact, there are several candidates who could have beaten Hillary handily.  Cruz was the best but there were other palatable ones.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 06:10:49 pm »
Category error.

Most people don't 'think'. Because thinking leads to answers they'd rather not know.
The same people who lament too many purists in the GOP will not understand why there are no consequences for leaving our people to die in Libya.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »

This phony LG whatever movement is soooo unimportant.  It's a miniscule  part of society and I don't care what they do... who does it really affect?

every child in America is being brainwashed, men are showering and using bathrooms with little girls, they absolutely will normalise sex with children eventually...

who does it affect....seriously, that is a stupid thing to say