Author Topic: Trump: Cruz, Kasich must endorse me or no convention slot  (Read 645 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Trump: Cruz, Kasich must endorse me or no convention slot
« on: June 28, 2016, 01:46:59 am »
SOURCE: WASHINGTON EXAMINER

URL: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-cruz-kasich-must-endorse-or-no-convention-slot/article/2594955?custom_click=rss

by: Joseph Lawler

Donald Trump's vanquished GOP presidential rivals who are holding out on endorsing him won't be allowed to speak at the Republican national convention, the presumptive Republican nominee suggested in an interview published Sunday.

"If there's no endorsement, then I would not invite them to speak," Trump said of other top Republicans in an interview with the New York Times.

Among the former Republican presidential candidates who have declined to endorse Trump are Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

Trump may not have the ability, under RNC rules, to prevent Cruz from addressing the assembled party members. But Trump made the comments to highlight the measures he is taking to undercut critics and prevent Republicans opposed to his candidacy from rallying to take the nomination from him at the convention.

"You mean to tell me we're going to get the largest vote in the history of the Republican primaries ... and now the same people that either didn't run or got beaten in a landslide are going to try and back-end?" he said in the interview.

Although both signed an RNC pledge to back the eventual nominee, Cruz and Kasich have withheld their endorsements from Trump.

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Trump: Cruz, Kasich must endorse me or no convention slot
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:47:36 am »
Trump has a really odd way of winning friends and influencing people.... just saying.

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 01:51:52 am »
Trump has a really odd way of winning friends and influencing people.... just saying.

It's that new Christian fruit he's bringing forth.

Donnie can step off.   

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:05:46 am »
Since he can't actually do anything about it, he's just running his gums again.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 02:10:15 am »
The proper response must be:

(probably NWS)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v83kXXrTU94

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:00 am »
Trump is a toxic type of leader.  He appeals to people who like the way Democrats argue, (i.e., name-calling and evasion).  He doesn't know or understand policy.  He is profoundly ignorant of the world.  Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the Democrats.  This effete Easterner, this old orange roué, is going to do more harm to the Republican party and the conservative movement than anything the Democrats could have ever done.  He doesn't understand our culture, or beliefs, or hopes.  He's playing the role of the caricature that he thinks a conservative is.  The orange roué is an absolute disaster.   

geronl

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:03 am »
Ted Cruz shrugged. He doesn't care.

If they deny Ted a slot, NeverTrump will grow.

geronl

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 04:29:57 am »
It's that new Christian fruit he's bringing forth.

Donnie can step off.

all his fruit is rotten... shriveled up and shrunken and bearing nothing...