Author Topic: Another Navy commander tied to Iran incident relieved of duty  (Read 404 times)

rangerrebew

Another Navy commander tied to Iran incident relieved of duty

By Tara Copp
Stars and Stripes
Published: June 24, 2016

WASHINGTON – Another commander responsible for two Navy patrol boats that were detained by Iran in January has been relieved of duty, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command said Friday.

Capt. Kyle S. Moses, commander of Task Force 56, was “relieved due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command,” the Navy said in a statement.

Moses is the second commander to be relieved as a result of the Jan. 12 incident in which two patrol boats from Coastal Riverine Squadron 3 drifted into Iranian waters near Farsi Island in the Persian Gulf. Ten U.S. sailors were detained overnight by Iran in a highly publicized international incident. Iran released numerous propaganda videos about the incident and it was considered an embarrassment for the Navy.

http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/another-navy-commander-tied-to-iran-incident-relieved-of-duty-1.415931

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:39:43 am by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Another Navy commander tied to Iran incident relieved of duty
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:48:24 am »
What Iran did was an act of war.  Obama thanks Iran and fires our guys.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 11:18:42 am »
The whole sorry episode was a disgrace to the country, and symptomatic of the PC rot that is ongoing within the U.S. military today.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 11:22:11 am »
The whole sorry episode was a disgrace to the country, and symptomatic of the PC rot that is ongoing within the U.S. military today.

One story I read indicated they were so used to the Iranians pointing guns at them that they didn't think anything different until the Iranians stepped aboard.

Poor discipline caused by weak leadership at the top.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 03:41:59 am »
What Iran did was an act of war.  Obama thanks Iran and fires our guys.

From what I understand, we paid a ransom to get them back.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:36 am »

Which has to improve on July 1. http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/06/24/pentagon-repeal-ban-transgender-military-service-july-1/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington