Author Topic: OPINION: Get ready for another Iraq War  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

OPINION: Get ready for another Iraq War
« on: June 26, 2016, 09:55:36 am »
Get ready for another Iraq War

By Seth Moulton June 23

Seth Moulton, a Democrat, represents Massachusetts’s 6th congressional district in the House.

Losing a friend in war is always hard. Losing a friend to a battle we already fought and won is worse.

That’s how my close friend Lt. Col. Ehab Hashem Moshen was killed recently by the Islamic State near Fallujah — refighting a battle in Iraq that the Marine Corps fought a decade ago. The Marines won that fight. The problem is that the Obama administration didn’t follow through on a political plan to maintain the peace.

In April, I visited some of the almost 5,000 troops that President Obama has put back in Iraq, and I witnessed a recurring theme: We have a military plan to defeat the Islamic State — and, as initial gains in Fallujah this week demonstrate, it’s going well in many respects — but we have yet to articulate a political plan to ensure Iraq’s long-term stability.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/get-ready-for-another-iraq-war/2016/06/23/575f626a-2cf9-11e6-b5db-e9bc84a2c8e4_story.html

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:56:27 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: OPINION: Get ready for another Iraq War
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:18:55 am »
No more Iraq wars.
Rescue whatever Christians can be found, then build a wall around the place.
Seal it off like Chernobyl.
Then, let them rot.