Author Topic: Hell Is Other Britons  (Read 588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hell Is Other Britons
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:17:00 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/opinion/sunday/hell-is-other-britons.html?ref=opinion

Hell Is Other Britons

By TOM WHYMAN JUNE 25, 2016

ALRESFORD, England — IN summer, the land around Alresford, the rural market town in the south of England where I grew up, blooms in a way that seems almost terrible.

My parents’ house stands in the middle of a 1980s housing development of suburban ugliness, all detached red-brick blocks and generously proportioned driveways. There is not supposed to be nature in the suburbs, but in Alresford (pronounced AWLS-fud) nature is still powerful — every year the grass at the top of the road will suddenly grow tall, and fill with wildflowers, hedgehogs, little birds of delirious and unusual colors. Every morning the birds wake you up at 4 with a chorus of hoots and trills.

But no sooner has nature started to assert itself than the grass gets cut back and the mornings return to being silent and still. Alresford becomes human again. Human in a normal, provincial English way, in a place where people own homes, save for pensions and vote to leave the European Union — as 55 percent of the population of Hampshire county did on Thursday.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Hell Is Other Britons
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:29:52 am »
Hell is other GOP primary voters.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Hell Is Other Britons
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 12:47:54 am »
I think this guy's name should be Whyngeman and not Whyman. I seriously doubt rural England is nearly as bad as he's making out. I've been to Britain twice in the last ten years. I don't think Brits are nearly as nasty as he's making them sound.  In fact I would be this clown is probably a nastier individual then the people he's denigrating. He's one of those liberals who loves humanity but hates people.
And he crabbed about the diminishing "cultural enrichment" that will occur due to Brexit. He must be joking...does he mean the thousands of extra rapists and Sharia law lovers who won't be coming? I guess so.