Author Topic: Marines pull aircraft from 'boneyard,' get used Navy jets amid aviation crisis  (Read 299 times)

rangerrebew

Marines pull aircraft from 'boneyard,' get used Navy jets amid aviation crisis
Jeff Schogol, Marine Corps Times 7:55 p.m. EDT June 23, 2016

With most of its F/A-18 strike fighters unable to fly on any given day, the Marine Corps is resurrecting 23 Hornets from the “boneyard” and getting another seven aircraft from the Navy.

The move comes as the Marine Corps and Navy struggle to keep F/A-18s in the skies until the F-35 joint strike fighter can replace the services’ aging aircraft.

"We are very focused on our current readiness, and at the moment, we don't have enough Hornets for combat, flight instruction and day-to-day training,” said Capt. Sarah Burns, a Marine spokeswoman at the Pentagon.

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/2016/06/23/marines-pull-aircraft-boneyard-get-used-navy-jets-amid-aviation-crisis/86301086/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 10:19:31 am by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Actually, I'm not surprised. They have been wearing out airframes and powerplants over Iraq and Afghanistan for a long time now.

:patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis