Author Topic: To My 'Never Trump' Brethren  (Read 2985 times)

Offline kartographer

Re: To My 'Never Trump' Brethren
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 04:02:18 pm »
Trump is a hybrid of Bill Clinton and Obama. Bill ran and won because he 'loved' American and Bill knew how to turn a phase and tell people just what they wanted to hear. Trump has the same morals and same penchant for immoral destructive behavior and temperament when things don't go his way. He has the same narcissistic personality disorder that Obama suffers from.

The one area in which Trump is superior to  both is his ability to manipulate people. Not since PT Barnum has there been such a masterful self promoter and con man.

Did you ever read a story about a con game and wonder how and hell would anyone fall for that? And yet it happens everyday.

No one involved sees the con until finally people start looking behind the curtain.   

Lonesome Rhodes: Rednecks, crackers, hillbillies, hausfraus, shut-ins, pea-pickers - everybody that's got to jump when somebody else blows the whistle. They don't know it yet, but they're all gonna be 'Fighters for Fuller'. They're mine! I own 'em! They think like I do.    ****sheep****
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline WAC

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 04:03:14 pm »
Donald Trump will not be a JFK democrat.  Donald Trump will be a NYC Bloomberg "republican", on steroids.

Donald Trump will be as we've seen and heard.......unpredictable.... and no doubt we as a nation are going to see some amazing surprises should this "man" , and he's only a man, ends up with the power of God behind him .....stranger things have happened in the World when Christians get as involved as they are now.

The meeting of Christian Leaders with Trump recently was an eye opener if you've read how that went from 100 men to over a thousand meeting with him.  Also some of the transcripts released of the large gathering, not to mention comments made by those in the personal meetings and smaller groups who spoke with him.....

I think this nation is going to be amazed in the months ahead.......

Offline WAC

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 04:13:27 pm »
But he hasn't been nominated yet.

Trump just had many standing ovations from hundreds of Christian conservative Leaders who he meet with Tuesday. A meeting which was  only planned for about 100 Pastors and Christian Leaders, ended up 1000 plus.  There were also smaller groups who met with Trump asking questions which clarified their concerns. Should Trump win the Evangelical vote, which is the largest bloc of voters. He will not be opposed as some might think.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 04:34:56 pm »
Whatever label we assign....at least he's MINE!   

You might think he is yours.  But I don't think he is mine.  Based on what I see, he is completely self-possessed.  I don't think he is anyone's except himself.

HonestJohn

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »
Castro was pro Cuba
Chavez was pro Venezuela
Stalin was pro USSR...........

so you got a problem with Pro-American?

Wow.

You really said a lot about yourself with that.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:35:44 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 05:53:04 pm »

You see Ananias protested when God moved him to act favorable toward Saul...... He had misgivings grounded in Saul's past reputation, the harm he had done, and all that Saul  was about.....and it's most interesting that the Lord does not directly answer Ananias's misgivings... he simply repeats his command: "Go!".......The sovereign Lord had spoken. That is all the rationale Ananias or we need. ....Yet in his mercy the Lord also tells Ananias Saul's new status as my chosen instrument.

What if Trump is indeed God's chosen man  to shake things up and stop what's been destroying HIS peoples freedoms in this country.????? 

It is amazing what Trump supporters have to attempt to graft onto their chosen leader to make him appear palpable to the electorate.  Truly amazing.

I do not discern that God has a direct hand in the leaders this people will now choose to rule them. My discernment is that He has taken His Hands off, and given this people over to their own desires.   This people have refused to repent and instead have chosen to double-down on mandating bizarre wickedness that would even cause the denizens of Sodom and Gomorrah to blush.  This people will choose their own way and choose greater evil to rule them than what came before.  Fact of history and human nature.  2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 is where this nation now sits.  You can argue against that and pretend that is not that case until you are blue in the face because the fruits and evidence is everywhere one is willing to look.  The brethren either pretend not to see it, condone it, or have allowed themselves to be muzzled out of fear of being labelled or seen as 'homophobic/racist/bigoted' etc..   The church in America sits idle and mute embracing evil while wickedness is being cemented into law. 

God doesn't choose righteous leaders for a people such as that.  He allows them to choose their own, and calamity is almost always the result.

As to conversion:

Saul was not converted for the purpose of running for Caesar, but to serve as a missionary to the Gentiles to preach the Gospel.  To go from a high seat of influence as a Pharisee, to a lowly persecuted servant and Apostle to the gentiles.  God's way is making the first, last, and the last first.    Trump's "conversion" if one can call it that, appears to just be politically convenient.  If he went from cock of the walk to sell all he has to give to the poor and serve the church, I would believe the testimony of his conversion.     I do not trust this narrative, or the convenience of it while he still runs for the highest office in the land. 

Conversion is a private matter, not a public proclamation.  Testimony of witnesses based on Trump's mere words and change in demeanor and attitude is not convincing in the short term.  I am not surprised that church leaders sought an audience with Trump since men tend to gravitate to those in power for everything from influence and power to obtaining protection and Christian leaders are no exception to that trait.  If these men were wanting to question Trump to ascertain his faith - the last six months alone are fruits and evidence of behaviors and a mindset that is not of God.   

This people see the office of the Presidency a Monarchy, and the Trump Militant do not care if he is Satan or a dictator or will rule like the Leftist we know he is.   Trump is their sovereign so they do not care if he is the devil himself.

And that is idolatry in it's finest form and fits exactly with the examples in scripture of a wayward people whose rulers grew more heinous and wicked until they were utterly destroyed from within and then from without.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 09:06:48 pm »
We all know that at any time God could have stopped Trump.....

I can just picture Donaldus Minimus replying to that: "He wouldn't dare!!!" ;)

. . . how any can deny that God isn't moving in this election is beyond me....

Buster, if God is moving in this election He's moving away from it and letting His foolish children
pick their own poison. Because any election in which we've got no better choice than between
Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent Clinton (how can you fight the fire burning
the national house by offering a choice of arsonists?) can only be an election in which God finally got
so P.O.ed at us He decided, "Go ahead. Make My day."

Which is another way of saying that there is still Isaiah's job to be done, and so far we're not
exactly brimming with Isaiahs---and, no, Donaldus Minimus ain't Isaiah (he ain't even
Izzy Stradlin):

In the year of Uzziah's death, the Lord commissioned the prophet to go out and warn the people of the
wrath to come. "Tell them what a worthless lot they are." He said, "Tell them what is wrong, and why and what is
going to happen unless they have a change of heart and straighten up. Don't mince matters. Make it clear that they
are positively down to their last chance. Give it to them good and strong and keep on giving it to them. I suppose
perhaps I ought to tell you," He added, "that it won't do any good. The official class and their intelligentsia will turn
up their noses at you and the masses will not even listen. They will all keep on in their own ways until they carry
everything down to destruction, and you will probably be lucky if you get out with your life."

Isaiah had been very willing to take on the job — in fact, he had asked for it — but the prospect put a new face on
the situation. It raised the obvious question: Why, if all that were so — if the enterprise were to be a failure from
the start — was there any sense in starting it? "Ah," the Lord said, "you do not get the point. There is a Remnant
there that you know nothing about. They are obscure, unorganized, inarticulate, each one rubbing along as best
he can. They need to be encouraged and braced up because when everything has gone completely to the dogs,
they are the ones who will come back and build up a new society; and meanwhile, your preaching will reassure
them and keep them hanging on. Your job is to take care of the Remnant, so be off now and set about it."

---Albert Jay Nock, from "Isaiah's Job," The Atlantic, 1936; republished in Free Speech and Plain Language
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:07:06 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 09:13:07 pm »
I can just picture Donaldus Minimus replying to that: "He wouldn't dare!!!" ;)

Buster, if God is moving in this election He's moving away from it and letting His foolish children
pick their own poison. Because any election in which we've got no better choice than between
Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent Clinton (how can you fight the fire burning
the national house by offering a choice of arsonists?) can only be an election in which God finally got
so P.O.ed at us He decided, "Go ahead. Make My day."

Which is another way of saying that there is still Isaiah's job to be done, and so far we're not
exactly brimming with Isaiahs---and, no, Donaldus Minimus ain't Isaiah (he ain't even
Izzy Stradlin):

If the Lord is moving this election, it is to test America's commitment to its foundational ideals.  It's been done before, I might add:

[float=left]1 Samuel 8

When Samuel grew old, he appointed his sons as Israel’s leaders. The name of his firstborn was Joel and the name of his second was Abijah, and they served at Beersheba. But his sons did not follow his ways. They turned aside after dishonest gain and accepted bribes and perverted justice.

So all the elders of Israel gathered together and came to Samuel at Ramah. They said to him, “You are old, and your sons do not follow your ways; now appoint a king to lead us, such as all the other nations have.”

But when they said, “Give us a king to lead us,” this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the Lord. And the Lord told him: “Listen to all that the people are saying to you; it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you. Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will claim as his rights.”

Samuel told all the words of the Lord to the people who were asking him for a king. He said, “This is what the king who will reign over you will claim as his rights: He will take your sons and make them serve with his chariots and horses, and they will run in front of his chariots. Some he will assign to be commanders of thousands and commanders of fifties, and others to plow his ground and reap his harvest, and still others to make weapons of war and equipment for his chariots. He will take your daughters to be perfumers and cooks and bakers. He will take the best of your fields and vineyards and olive groves and give them to his attendants. He will take a tenth of your grain and of your vintage and give it to his officials and attendants. Your male and female servants and the best of your cattle and donkeys he will take for his own use. He will take a tenth of your flocks, and you yourselves will become his slaves. When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, but the Lord will not answer you in that day.”

But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”[/float]

geronl

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 09:16:15 pm »
Agreed.  We continue to fight because nothing yet has been settled.

I don't care who the Republicans nominate anymore. Trump is completely unacceptable as a candidate and as a person and would make a horrible President.

I always considered myself a Republican but now that is over. I can not feel any association with a party that would nominate such a low scumbag.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
But the people refused to listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want a king over us. Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles.”

When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the Lord. The Lord answered, “Listen to them and give them a king.”[/float]

I thought God never made the same mistake twice. ;)

I figured this time He thought, "Nope, once bitten twice shy, leave Me out of it, let the bloody fools do what they want,
and when it's thrown them completely to hell, they'll be back. They always come back. And I'll have the arms
open, as I always do."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 09:56:50 pm »
No one involved sees the con until finally people start looking behind the curtain.   

Unfortunately, that is usually when they find out it's too late, and that they have been left to become the bagholder.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 10:05:53 pm »
To My 'Never Trump' Brethren
By: Walker Wildmon
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:39 AM

I’d like to call for a cease fire among my brethren. Let’s stop shooting arrows in our own house. It is entirely acceptable to have a civil discussion and debate on who we should vote for in November but let’s do so with respect. We may all come to different conclusions on what’s right and wrong but let’s stop the name-calling and insults.

http://www.afa.net/the-stand/news/2016/06/to-my-never-trump-brethren/

Imagine how much more credibility you'd have if you had made this call during the primaries, when your candidate wasn't benefiting politically from namecalling and insults.

Speaking for myself, I'm not necessarily 'nevertrump'. When the time comes I my decision will be based upon what I deem right for the country.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 10:14:29 pm »
I do not discern that God has a direct hand in the leaders this people will now choose to rule them. My discernment is that He has taken His Hands off, and given this people over to their own desires.   

There is always a choice (Deu. 30:19). Choose life.
That choice is still there - just not front-and-center.