Author Topic: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ  (Read 11250 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Dr. James Dobson: Donald Trump Has Accepted Christ
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 04:42:05 am »
Are we to assume this happened in the past week?  Either this will be the most amazing transformation since Saul of Tarsus, or the longest running gag in political history.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 04:50:10 am »
I also still say this has scam written all over it. 

I don't have much opinion one way or the other - God rarely sees fit to include me in conference calls about who he has touched and for what purpose.

However -

1/ It's not Trump saying it. If it was him it'd be "Yep, scam."
2/ It's more than Dr Dobson saying it (and I've not particularly heard the good Dr is a scammer or grifter).
3/ Trump has done a couple of atypical things in the last week - losing Lewandowski for one. Trump is exceedingly loyal to those who are loyal to him.

Does it make much of a difference as far as the election goes? Nope.

Is it important anyway? Yep.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 04:58:15 am »
You give Trump way too much power beyond that he has over men. ...and that includes is wallet.
My gosh the people opposing Trump are starting to sound like those who fill his rallies! 
For people who well know Dobson and others.....you're really barking up the wrong tree IMO.

I have known about and of Dobson for years.  I also know Trump's past behavior and his behavior this very day.  I watched him speak today in Scotland and he took credit for the British vote, said it happened due to his winning in the US.  He is the same Trump today he was yesterday and a week and a year ago and years before that.  He is all for him and no one else.  This is another one of his scams to make himself appear to be what others want.  I am not a "hater" of Trump - I know what I see in his behavior and I have evaluated human behavior for over 20 years.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 05:22:36 am »
'But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.' - Matthew 19:30

A true Christian conversion would one of humility and lowliness of mind and spirit - not seeking high seats of power, but rather to a position of lowly service.

When God chooses a ruler for His people, it is one of a countenance of humility and devotion to The Lord.

When the people choose a ruler apart from God, they choose people of vulgarity, greed, avarice, envy, jealousy, strife and discord. 

We are now a nation that has refused to be governed by God, so we are to be ruled by tyrants - and those this people choose to rule us, will be a reflection of themselves.

We will suffer increasingly wicked and tyrannical rulers until this people repent and turn themselves and their lives over to what they have discarded and have grown hostile towards.

Or we will be destroyed and come to absolutely nothing but ruins and a remnant scattered to the winds in chains.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 06:03:27 am »
If he did, good for him, but I thought he claimed already to be a Christian, even making a point that nobody reads the Bible more than he.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:49 am »
When he got out the new judge said he was a-going to make a man of him. So he took him to his own house, and dressed him up clean and nice, and had him to breakfast and dinner and supper with the family, and was just old pie to him, so to speak.  And after supper he talked to him about temperance and such things till the old man cried, and said he'd been a fool, and fooled away his life; but now he was a-going to turn over a new leaf and be a man nobody wouldn't be ashamed of, and he hoped the judge would help him and not look down on him.  The judge said he could hug him for them words; so he cried, and his wife she cried again; pap said he'd been a man that had always been misunderstood before, and the judge said he believed it.  The old man said that what a man wanted that was down was sympathy, and the judge said it was so; so they cried again.  And when it was bedtime the old man rose up and held out his hand, and says:

"Look at it, gentlemen and ladies all; take a-hold of it; shake it. There's a hand that was the hand of a hog; but it ain't so no more; it's the hand of a man that's started in on a new life, and'll die before he'll go back.  You mark them words—don't forget I said them.  It's a clean hand now; shake it—don't be afeard."

So they shook it, one after the other, all around, and cried.  The judge's wife she kissed it.  Then the old man he signed a pledge—made his mark. The judge said it was the holiest time on record, or something like that. Then they tucked the old man into a beautiful room, which was the spare room, and in the night some time he got powerful thirsty and clumb out on to the porch-roof and slid down a stanchion and traded his new coat for a jug of forty-rod, and clumb back again and had a good old time; and towards daylight he crawled out again, drunk as a fiddler, and rolled off the porch and broke his left arm in two places, and was most froze to death when somebody found him after sun-up.  And when they come to look at that spare room they had to take soundings before they could navigate it.

The judge he felt kind of sore.  He said he reckoned a body could reform the old man with a shotgun, maybe, but he didn't know no other way.

Mark Twain, Huckleberry Finn

Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2016, 07:22:56 am »
He also said he knew who led the businessman to Christ.

Huckabee?
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2016, 10:45:50 am »
Dobson should beware: The Devil often masquerades as an angel of light.

"Road to Des Moines" conversions are a dime a dozen in politics. As Jesus once said, it will be "by their fruits" that we shall know for sure, and given his behavior outside this shindig hasn't changed, I'm not convinced that it wasn't an act. (I mean, this was the same confab where Jerry Falwell Jr. stood up behind a copy of Playboy magazine of all things.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline RedHead

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 11:21:43 am »
From his standpoint, Christ has accepted Trump.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 11:54:25 am »
I have always respected Dobson very much and still do. That does not mean he knows the heart of trump, nor should he be endorsing a man who has refused to repent of his wickedness but rather has continued to do so throughout the primary season.

@Victoria33

Only God knows what is really in Trumps heart.   I am cynical as well that this was a true acceptance but it's not our place to judge. 

I'd have to see a significant change in Trump to vote for him.   Jesus certainly has the power so let's see if Trump really took that critical first step.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:27 pm »
Of course,  the only question that really matters is, "Does this get the media hive buzzing?"

If not, it will be in the Memory Hole by Monday.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 12:00:40 pm »
Is that framed pic of Trump on the cover of Playboy still hanging in his office?

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 12:03:47 pm »
Yes, I also believe Trump has handed out money to Dobson and to the Pastor of the Dallas First Baptist Church.  This Dallas pastor was all for Cruz then suddenly he is all over Trump and on Fox and CNN praising Trump.  And I include the Liberty University president, too.  Trump will be anything anyone wants and but he believes in nothing but himself.

They all sold out.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
Apparently, all roads lead to Damascus.

Or Trump Tower.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »
If he has accepted Christ then I am happy for him. But, I will not accept him as my president.

As others have mentioned, the timing is beyond suspect. Here is a man who during the primary goes around saying there is no better Christian then he is at the same time as doling out lies and dirt, and not being able to express even in the simplest form his relationship with Christ. Now he is down over 10 points and suddenly he has received Christ. I don't buy it, but I hope it is true. If it is true he should ask for forgiveness for the lies, insults, and garbage he throws out. Then he should withdraw from the race as surely he would see himself not worthy of the position.

#nevertrump ....but I do hope he does receive Christ. He could do a lot of a good for people in need across the country as a Christian intent on using his supposed wealth, but not as President.

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
Dobson's a bit on the weird side:

Jim’s writings were revered like Apostle Paul’s in my childhood home. His Focus on the Family propaganda is so wholeheartedly American that it became brand. After three decades of homo-terror warnings, not even his ridiculous boycott of Spongebob made him lose credibility among disciples. Spongebob is guilty of “homosexual advocacy,” Dobson says...

Calling Dobson on his lies doesn’t faze him. “Communities do not let prostitutes, pedophiles, voyeurs, adulterers, and those who sexually prefer animals to publicly celebrate their lifestyles, so why should homosexuals get such privileges?”

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2010/06/the-lies-of-james-dobson/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 12:32:21 pm »

Offline Leto

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 12:37:00 pm »
Well if one wants to believe in fairies and unicorns be my guest.

Trump is a malignant narcissist and those sorts don't have convenient epiphanies when they are 70. 
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 12:37:36 pm »
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 12:42:09 pm »
Liberal Atheist site attacking a Christian...  :pondering:

Afraid not. Patheos welcomes discussions about issues of Faith from all sides.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2016, 12:52:22 pm »
Afraid not. Patheos welcomes discussions about issues of Faith from all sides.
You meant to say its an anti-Trump open borders Mormon run site did you not?

They do have a bias against popular non-Mormon Christians. So Not Atheist but not a trustworthy source of authority for non-Mormon Christians either. https://bycommonconsent.com/2009/05/29/patheos-com/.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2016, 12:54:30 pm »
If he did, good for him, but I thought he claimed already to be a Christian, even making a point that nobody reads the Bible more than he.

Exactly he said he is a Christian, a Presbyterian which is "right down the middle".  Remember his holding up a Bible, which he said had his name in it written by his mother.  He also says he has never asked God for forgiveness as he hasn't done anything to ask forgiveness for.  And, remember he said he "drinks the little wine and eats the little cracker" - I don't think anyone who takes holy communion would say such a dismissive remark about communion, belittling it.  Then he goes to church and puts money on a communion plate not knowing what it is for.  Then, there is always "Two Corinthians".

One cannot trust anything he says to be the truth.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2016, 12:54:58 pm »
Yes, I also believe Trump has handed out money to Dobson and to the Pastor of the Dallas First Baptist Church.  This Dallas pastor was all for Cruz then suddenly he is all over Trump and on Fox and CNN praising Trump.  And I include the Liberty University president, too.  Trump will be anything anyone wants and but he believes in nothing but himself.

I have yet to see a 'famous chtistian'...AKA gloryhound/attention whore, that ever put the Bible and God over their fame/income.

That includes all the names everyone is familiar with so I won't repeat them. They usually need Millions of dollars for new aircraft or amusement parks or cathedrals or 'universities' and God will call them home if you don't buy their products, donate all your non-essential income and wear your own Christianity on your christian leader's  logoed T-shirt.

The Rock Group Anthrax summed it up nicely back in the 80s after the Roberts/Baker fiascos in a song...

God says "Have a TV show!"
God says "Baby, do some blow!"
God says "Taxes are a sin!"
God says "Pour the money in!"

Never fails to be an ideal razor. Occam would be jealous.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:55:52 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2016, 12:59:13 pm »
I have yet to see a 'famous chtistian'...AKA gloryhound/attention whore, that ever put the Bible and God over their fame/income.

That includes all the names everyone is familiar with so I won't repeat them. They usually need Millions of dollars for new aircraft or amusement parks or cathedrals or 'universities' and God will call them home if you don't buy their products, donate all your non-essential income and wear your own Christianity on your christian leader's  logoed T-shirt.

The Rock Group Anthrax summed it up nicely back in the 80s after the Roberts/Baker fiascos in a song...

God says "Have a TV show!"
God says "Baby, do some blow!"
God says "Taxes are a sin!"
God says "Pour the money in!"

Never fails to be an ideal razor. Occam would be jealous.

Seriously?   Sure there are examples of bad but the only perfect man was Jesus.   There are many examples of fine people who are well known.  To paint with such a broad brush is doing the work of the Devil.

Billy Graham, Ravi Zacharias are but two.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2016, 01:05:31 pm »
Seriously?   Sure there are examples of bad but the only perfect man was Jesus.   There are many examples of fine people who are well known.  To paint with such a broad brush is doing the work of the Devil.

Billy Graham, Ravi Zacharias are but two.

The Billy Ghramm that told America that a guy that profits from the abortions his laws helped happen was a Godly man?

THAT Billy Ghramm? Sorry. He's a fraud and that proved it.