Author Topic: Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on ‘Brexit’ Results  (Read 592 times)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on ‘Brexit’ Results
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:41:30 pm »
Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on ‘Brexit’ Results

June 24, 2016

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) today issued a statement in response to initial reporting of ‘Brexit’ returns. Sen. Cruz urged the United States to respect the results of the United Kingdom’s referendum on its membership in the European Union:

“The British people have spoken clearly: They choose to leave the European Union,” Sen. Cruz said. “The results of the ‘Brexit’ referendum should serve as a wake-up call for internationalist bureaucrats from Brussels to Washington, D.C. that some free nations still wish to preserve their national sovereignty. The British people have indicated that they will no longer outsource their future to the EU, and prefer to chart their own path forward. The United States can learn from the referendum and attend to the issues of security, immigration and economic autonomy that drove this historic vote. In addition, we should treat the ‘Brexit’ as an opportunity to forge a closer partnership with our historic friend and ally, including immediately starting negotiations for a targeted US-UK free trade agreement.”
Let it burn.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Sen. Cruz Issues Statement on ‘Brexit’ Results
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:12 pm »
He made a good statement. I believe Trump's statement to be even better.

- June 24, 2016 -

​Donald J. Trump Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:53:23 pm »
He made a good statement. I believe Trump's statement to be even better.
(snip)

Then you should go and talk about it on those threads where Mr. Trump's statement is the topic. Mr. Trump's statement is not the topic of this thread. Please don't hijack threads.  :nono:
Let it burn.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:25 pm »

Any statement from Mike Crapo, @Bear_in_RoseBear ?  Or how about Susan Collins?

Please, be sure to post them when you can.   Thanks! 

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 11:33:07 pm »
Any statement from Mike Crapo, @Bear_in_RoseBear ?  Or how about Susan Collins?

Please, be sure to post them when you can.   Thanks!

No comment on what Sen. Cruz had to say?  Well, OK then.   
Let it burn.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 11:55:52 pm »
No comment on what Sen. Cruz had to say?  Well, OK then.

I guess I could ... but why would Cruz's statement be more meaningful than a statement by any other Republican Senator   :shrug:

@Bear_in_RoseBear

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 12:08:13 am »
Thanks for posting Cruz's statement.   It's good to hear an adult weigh in with a seriously considered opinion--which he wrote for himself.

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 01:39:51 am »
I guess I could ... but why would Cruz's statement be more meaningful than a statement by any other Republican Senator   :shrug:

Because Sen. Cruz is the leader of the Conservative movement within the Senate... if not in general.
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 01:42:43 am »
Because Sen. Cruz is the leader of the Conservative movement within the Senate... if not in general.

Exactly.  Now when Cruz speaks, people listen.   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.