Author Topic: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely  (Read 11890 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 06:51:50 pm »
Violate the obvious will of the GOP primary voters and there will be a GOP voter revolt.  Trump won fair and square.  Change the rules and the GOP will resemble Venezuela.   Changing rules is the game of losers and cheaters and tyrants.

Are you suggesting that the Trump supporters won't vote for the republican nominee and therefore will be Hillary supporters?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:15 pm »
Trump won well over the number of delegates required to win the nomination.  He rightfully should be nominated and designated as the Republican nominee whether you like it or not.

What I like or don't like isn't the issue. You choose to play party politics, then you play by their rules. Even when those rules completely allow for themselves to be changed.

You should spend some time learning what those rules that govern the and procedures are because standing here complaining when they can be used against you isn't the fault of any neverTrumper. It's your fault for aligning yourself with untrustworthy pols and parties and expecting any outcome that favors constitutional governance.

Offline Nickname

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 06:59:53 pm »
Are you suggesting that the Trump supporters won't vote for the republican nominee and therefore will be Hillary supporters?

Of course they'd support whoever the nominee is. Trump supporters aren't precious snowflakes and the stakes are too high. Hillary cannot be allowed to appoint supreme court justices!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 07:00:56 pm »
No I will not vote for anybody but Trump and may not vote for anybody down ticket as well. Multiply that by 100 million. Thats what you are asking for.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 07:02:18 pm »
Do you think the GOP will avoid an epic disaster if it steals the nomination from Trump?  That would be a far worse tragedy of irrecoverable proportions.

In your opinion.

My opinion is that the GOP is an epic disaster and that opinion is supported by their actions going back over two decades.

You are also mistaken in your terminology. You cannot 'steal' something he does not own. Thats what a convention is for. Again, learn the 'rules' before complaining about this mess.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 07:02:59 pm »
No I will not vote for anybody but Trump and may not vote for anybody down ticket as well. Multiply that by 100 million. Thats what you are asking for.
A Hillary supporter!  I knew it! /s

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 07:03:10 pm »
Of course they'd support whoever the nominee is. Trump supporters aren't precious snowflakes and the stakes are too high. Hillary cannot be allowed to appoint supreme court justices!
No you are wrong. There  will be no party and no difference at that point. Better to prepare for the civil war that will happen. 
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 07:04:49 pm »
A Hillary supporter!  I knew it! /s
The Hillary supporter is the #nevertrump people knowing they will cause Hillary to be elected if the steal the nomination for a RINO like they are trying. Better to prepare for the civil war that coming since there is no difference between the parties.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:57 pm »
Violate the obvious will of the GOP primary voters and there will be a GOP voter revolt.  Trump won fair and square.  Change the rules and the GOP will resemble Venezuela.   Changing rules is the game of losers and cheaters and tyrants.

I decided this morning, that many who cling to the #nevertrump identity, are in reality phoney conservatives.

They take the liberal side on most topics, as an example. Many defend globalism. They also defend risky muslims in our midst, unchecked illegal immigration, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 07:09:25 pm »
In your opinion.

My opinion is that the GOP is an epic disaster and that opinion is supported by their actions going back over two decades.

You are also mistaken in your terminology. You cannot 'steal' something he does not own. Thats what a convention is for. Again, learn the 'rules' before complaining about this mess.
By all measures Trump has won the nomination, Majority of votes majority of delegates and winning by the rules the Primary was run under. There is no way any RINO the #neverTrump people select can win. And they risk losing down ticket since most of the Trump supporters will not support the GOP after such a stupid betrayal.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 07:12:59 pm »
By all measures Trump has won the nomination, Majority of votes majority of delegates and winning by the rules the Primary was run under. There is no way any RINO the #neverTrump people select can win. And they risk losing down ticket since most of the Trump supporters will not support the GOP after such a stupid betrayal.

No. By no measure has he won based on the fact the convention has not been held to award him that victory.

In your imagination he is the nominee. In reality he is not and hopefully never will be.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 07:14:28 pm »
I decided this morning, that many who cling to the #nevertrump identity, are in reality phoney conservatives.

They take the liberal side on most topics, as an example. Many defend globalism. They also defend risky muslims in our midst, unchecked illegal immigration, etc.

When your very candidate counts 'globalist' George Soros as a personal friend, please spare me the hypocrisy of calling anyone but yourself a phony conservative.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 07:16:17 pm »
No. By no measure has he won based on the fact the convention has not been held to award him that victory.

In your imagination he is the nominee. In reality he is not and hopefully never will be.
By all measures that matter he has won. Nobody #neverTrump selects by the theft will have any validity and will not win nor will the GOP win ever again - since the theft will destroy the party.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:13 pm »
By all measures that matter he has won. Nobody #neverTrump selects by the theft will have any validity and will not win nor will the GOP win ever again - since the theft will destroy the party.

@Norm Lenhart

You can't steal something which doesn't currently exist.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:44 pm »

Your fantasy about events that have not happened have no bearing on the reality that Trump has not won the nomination at a convention that has yet to occur under rules yet to be written.

Thats factual.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 07:21:15 pm »
The Hillary supporter is the #nevertrump people knowing they will cause Hillary to be elected if the steal the nomination for a RINO like they are trying. Better to prepare for the civil war that coming since there is no difference between the parties.

I do not follow the logic here.  We must all unite behind the presumptive republican nominee to prevent Hillary from winning.  If the republican nominee ends up being someone other than Trump, we will never unite behind the actual republican nominee and will allow Hillary to win.  To go further it is the fault of people who won't vote for Trump that you won't vote for the actual republican nominee.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2016, 07:21:29 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

You can't steal something which doesn't currently exist.

Cant tell such truths to a Trump fanatic. It upsets their safe space and causes them to repeat their mistaken assertions endlessly like the kid in the AI movie...

"Please Blue Fairy...Please Blue Fairy..."

No more truth to the existence of the Blue fairy than to the existence of Trump currently being the GOP nominee.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2016, 07:22:03 pm »
Perfectly Orwellian.

How so?  I've been perfectly consistent in wanting to support a candidate who can defeat the Dems in November.   You're supporting the one candidate who's so utterly unfit and disliked that he practically ensures a Democratic victory (and likely gains them the Senate as well). 

Trumpsters are functionally equivalent to Hillary supporters.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WAC

« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2016, 07:22:41 pm »
Trump's so-called "fair and square win" of a plurality of the primary vote is questionable at best.  He won by lying and slandering and whining.  Anytime he lost he smeared that state's process and called it unfair.  When he won he was mum even if the process was exactly the same.  He used Alinsky tactics and tabloid connected friends to lie and smear about opponents.  He acted like an overgrown baby and a full grown bully.  There was nothing legitimately fair and square about it.

I can agree to that as well, and don't think there are many who can honestly say it was otherwise...
However, politics is a high stakes game. ...Trump broke no' laws' of the system, he simply played his hand as he chose. The problem was and remains that his opponents, the media and their staffs "EXPECTED" otherwise for him to conform to the standards of running a campaign....he didn't. ....

....Worse is none of them knew what to do to rise above the tidal wave he was on, they really didn't....Furthermore  once the media got greedy for ratings it was obvious, the candidates needed to "outrageously "perform to get the attention of the media or the "star" would be Trump..daily and like a drum beat 24/7......we all heard and saw this..... That's what the public wanted so they got fed it. ...Trump set the stage in all it's glitz and glamor and the media chose to join the circus. That this was a serious election was no longer significant to the media, rather TV viewing and ratings were. And that's a fact we all know.

I will vote for Trump if he's confirmed....but this is one God awful election I never want to see the likes of again!!!

Offline Nickname

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2016, 07:23:31 pm »
No you are wrong. There  will be no party and no difference at that point. Better to prepare for the civil war that will happen.

If it weren't for double standards, Captain Hairmerica's supporters would have no standards at all then.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2016, 07:24:25 pm »

Sadly I have to agree. Watching several so-called conservatives argue for gay marriage, globalism, open borders, unchecked Jihadist immigration etc., is disturbing. I used to think it was just emotion that would eventually heal over until I saw the far left liberal arguments on other threads and the far left information sources used by some.

http://orthodoxnet.com/blog/2013/11/twenty-five-signs-that-youre-arguing-with-leftists/

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2016, 07:28:23 pm »
Watching several so-called conservatives argue for gay marriage, globalism, open borders, unchecked Jihadist immigration etc., is disturbing.

Indeed.

Trump is pro gay agenda and is fine with gay marriage and Trannies in ladies rooms

Trump outsources his products to the global manufacturers rather than American.

Trump brags about his touchback amnesty and 'Big Beautiful Door" in his wall which negates the entire purpose of a border and of a wall on that border.

Very disturbing that people support such a disgusting human being.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:28:57 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2016, 07:29:51 pm »
Sadly I have to agree. Watching several so-called conservatives argue for gay marriage, globalism, open borders, unchecked Jihadist immigration etc., is disturbing. I used to think it was just emotion that would eventually heal over until I saw the far left liberal arguments on other threads and the far left information sources used by some.

http://orthodoxnet.com/blog/2013/11/twenty-five-signs-that-youre-arguing-with-leftists/

@truth_seeker

Repeating a lie doesnt make it the truth.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »
Yet, though Mr. Trump has amassed 1500+ delegates during the State primary process, you continue to "bash" (to use your words) Donald Trump and his supporters. What does that make you?

Circumspect.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »
Manafort - The delegates are revolting.

Trump - You said it, they stink on ice

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...