Author Topic: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely  (Read 11834 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: A Republican delegate revolt becomes more likely
« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2016, 08:19:58 pm »
Strawman. Nobody has told you how to vote. All I've told you is what the available choices are. If I hand you a dime and say to flip it up in the air and guess how it turns up...you have two choices, not because I'm dictating that to you, but because those are the available options. Now, you could argue that you'd rather predict the coin ends up standing on its side...perhaps a one in a million shot...but that would be ludicrous. Even so, nobody has told you that you are not free to predict such an absurdity. So you can quit feigning that anyone is trying to tell you how you MUST vote...no, this discussion is about the wisdom of your vote. And that is what political discourse is about.

As for meaning it when you said you'd never vote Trump, so many NeverTrumps repeat that assertion as if its an ultimatum they gave to every Republican not part of their fringe Cruz movement. Well guess what, you don't get to issue ultimatums to other party voters...or perhaps you can, but they carry no weight. None of us get to play the..."you chaps better vote for my guy or me and my pals will sabotage whoever it is the majority of you nominate instead...if we lose, we're going to make sure the whole country loses".  This would be equally true, of course, if a Trump supporter kept repeating they'd never vote for Cruz were he to be the nominee. This game of "my guy wins or I'm out" because I'm SO morally superior, is self destructive stupidity...and yes, its incredibly childish.

That's just not how party primaries work...unless, of course, you're an idiot and want to ensure your party loses every election. Because only an idiot would say "my way or the highway" in a party primary. Were that to become the common mantra of said party...it would ensure the loss of every single election it entered. Who would be dumb enough, and childish enough, to set up that kind of permanent and certain outcome?

As for how I "like" your choice...hmmm....I guess I like it as much as I'd like it if a five year old had a tantrum in the grocery store because they didn't get the exact kind of ice cream they wanted. That child's fury over getting chocolate fudge rather than chocolate with sparkles in it is no different than your current reaction. So I'd say it sucks, as do most demonstrations of selfish/childish behavior by adults. Worse, because in this case the childish behavior may result in 8 years of Democratic domination destroying most of the institutions...and restraints on institutions...that make this nation what it is. Your anger over not getting "sparkles in your ice cream" is going to result in the rest of us being force to eat a plate full of cold broccoli. Good job...I hope the joy of the tantrum is well worth it to you.

So the bottom line, of course, is that you and the other lemmings are free to continue toward the cliff...nobody is dictating that you not do so. Don't expect, however, that the rest of us will not let you know that the cliff is right in front of you and that your momentum risks dragging all of us over its edge with you.

Every point made to perfection, pure gold. Should be required reading for poli-sci and especially psych majors on late intervention treatment of TDS.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:19 pm »
Every point made to perfection, pure gold. Should be required reading for poli-sci and especially psych majors on late intervention treatment of TDS.

Two severely deluded people patting each other's backs is still meaningless when both of them are wrong.

Both of you are wrong. You sound like Hannity telling Karl Rove what a great American he is and equally preposterous. Blather away in support of your documented liberal.

Then again, you get your info from FR when you arent fantasizing up the wannabee James Bond super secret double agent thing there, so it's hardly surprising

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2016, 08:53:07 pm »
Two severely deluded people patting each other's backs is still meaningless when both of them are wrong.

Both of you are wrong. You sound like Hannity telling Karl Rove what a great American he is and equally preposterous. Blather away in support of your documented liberal.

Then again, you get your info from FR when you arent fantasizing up the wannabee James Bond super secret double agent thing there, so it's hardly surprising

Feel like you're Alice at the tea party?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2016, 09:07:48 pm »

I think these 'people' are far beyond any Tea Party whether or not it involves Mad hatters, March Hares or conservative voters.

Neurotics build castles in the sky and psychotics live in them. These people couldn't aspire to that level of sanity considering the 'in'sanity they try passing off on others as truth.

Well, they helped destroy Free Republic with their liberal activities. I suppose TBR is their next target. They do run back there now for advice afterall.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:08:40 pm by Norm Lenhart »

HonestJohn

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:10 pm »

This is what outsiders see when witnessing people in an echo chamber.

I broke out of it after the 2012 loss by Romney.  I was convinced we'd win because all I read and saw said so.  But it wasn't true... and the warning signs were there, but I had turned away from any news that didn't reinforce what I 'already knew'.

And we see that with Trump supporters.  Only pro-Trump news sites are allowed, the rest are verboten, that no true Trump supporter may read.  It vill contaminate their minds with filth. 

I'm sure you've seen the Trump supporters 'minders' here to keep their flock under control.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:10:28 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2016, 09:30:23 pm »
This is what outsiders see when witnessing people in an echo chamber.

I broke out of it after the 2012 loss by Romney.  I was convinced we'd win because all I read and saw said so.  But it wasn't true... and the warning signs were there, but I had turned away from any news that didn't reinforce what I 'already knew'.

And we see that with Trump supporters.  Only pro-Trump news sites are allowed, the rest are verboten, that no true Trump supporter may read.  It vill contaminate their minds with filth. 

I'm sure you've seen the Trump supporters 'minders' here to keep their flock under control.

the beautiful part is that they do more damage to Trump than any of us with truckloads of facts and history ever could.

If one of them ever actually studied Delphi or even cracked a book on propaganda, we might have cause for concern. Instead, we have a bunch of incompetents so bad at what they do, they'd be fired from a homeowners association board going out and actively pissing off the lurkers who read but seldom post.

Granny always said 'you are who you associate with" and the behavior, more accurately lack thereof, of the Trump fanatics is ensuring that they want no association with Trumps brand.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:31:36 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2016, 09:36:49 pm »

If the Mad Hatter were running for president it'd be an improvement over what we've got now!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2016, 09:38:54 pm »
I can not tell which, if any, 3rd party will will a state, or in the case of Maine and Nebraska, a congressional district. I am only one vote in a state full of mindless union and minority voters who vote religiously for a Democrat no matter who it is. I will vote for a Constitution Party candidate, because both the current parties no longer value the Constitution of the United States as the primary law of this land. Is it wasting my vote? Maybe in this state, but my vote is based on my principles. I can no longer responsibly vote Republican just because they are the major party opponent od the Democrats.  If enough other decide to join me, THEN maybe there is a chance. I push the alternative every chance I get. A change is needed.  If you want Hillary, then by all means vote for her or Trump. If you vote for Trump, you will likely get Hillary. So the best alternative is a vote for true constitutionalists Darrel Castle and Scott Bradley.

:beer:  I agree with you 100%.  No you are not wasting your vote and I have stated for years that people need to vote their conscious rather than voting for party.  Voting because of party loyalty when the party is no longer loyal to its voters is ridiculous and why we are in the mess that we are in. Yes we are definitely in need of change and it is very unfortunate that our electoral system is set up so that it is nearly impossible for a 3rd party to win; that is why the Constitution Party is having difficulty getting on the ballot in all 50 states.  I don't want Hillary, nor do I want Trump.  So, why on earth would I vote for either one of them??

The liberalization of our country has phased out the importance of our Constitution.  We have a whole generation that has been fully indoctrinated in liberal beliefs and values.  Patriotism, American exceptionalism, pride in country are now frowned upon and seen as a detriment to the world rather than an asset so much so that classroom textbooks on American history and American government have been changed to appease political correctness.

I feel we came very close to taking our country back, but it's hard to battle the liberal lies, deception and deep pockets.  I'm not so sure that we will ever have that opportunity again; at least not at the ballot box.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:39:31 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #208 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:57 am »
:beer:  I agree with you 100%.  No you are not wasting your vote and I have stated for years that people need to vote their conscious rather than voting for party.  Voting because of party loyalty when the party is no longer loyal to its voters is ridiculous and why we are in the mess that we are in. Yes we are definitely in need of change and it is very unfortunate that our electoral system is set up so that it is nearly impossible for a 3rd party to win; that is why the Constitution Party is having difficulty getting on the ballot in all 50 states.  I don't want Hillary, nor do I want Trump.  So, why on earth would I vote for either one of them??

The liberalization of our country has phased out the importance of our Constitution.  We have a whole generation that has been fully indoctrinated in liberal beliefs and values.  Patriotism, American exceptionalism, pride in country are now frowned upon and seen as a detriment to the world rather than an asset so much so that classroom textbooks on American history and American government have been changed to appease political correctness.

I feel we came very close to taking our country back, but it's hard to battle the liberal lies, deception and deep pockets.  I'm not so sure that we will ever have that opportunity again; at least not at the ballot box.
I would only take exception to the sentence highlighted in bold above.  I think liberals and you could go as far to say a lit of RINOs too believe the constitution is an arcane relic of the past and can just be ignored.  Even though they swore on a bible to "uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States", they don't care or even acknowledge the premiss that IT is the basis for the federal government.  That is provides certain areas they CAN do and only do those things specifically granted.  And that all other privileges are reserved to the states.  And worse our system of justices appointed by the very same politicians are upholding the illegitimacy.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy