Author Topic: FBI: Utah militia leader planned to bomb US-owned cabin  (Read 381 times)

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
FBI: Utah militia leader planned to bomb US-owned cabin
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:06:01 pm »
SALT LAKE CITY –  A Utah militia group leader with ties to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has been arrested and charged with attempting to blow up a rural, federally-owned cabin in Arizona, federal authorities said Thursday.

An FBI agent said in charging documents that William Keebler, 57, was planning to retaliate against the federal government that he felt was harassing people and imposing overreaching grazing restrictions on ranchers.

Keebler is a the leader of citizen militia group called the Patriots Defense Force in Stockton, Utah, about 40 miles west of Salt Lake City, according to the charging documents.

Authorities say undercover FBI employees followed Keebler as he planned to set off an explosive outside a U.S. Bureau of Land Management cabin in the northern Arizona area of Mt. Trumbull.

Keebler traveled to the Arizona cabin Tuesday night with militia members and undercover FBI employees. An inactive explosive was placed against the door and Keebler was handed a remote detonation device and pushed it several times, according to the FBI.

[excerpted]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/23/fbi-utah-militia-leader-planned-to-bomb-us-owned-cabin.html
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: FBI: Utah militia leader planned to bomb US-owned cabin
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:07:43 pm »
"...and undercover FBI employees."

Not condoning or endorsing their activities, but militia groups need to be much smarter...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:21:03 pm »
An FBI agent said in charging documents that William Keebler, 57, was planning to retaliate against the federal government that he felt was harassing people and imposing overreaching grazing restrictions on ranchers.

They've gone rogue!!!!

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »
I think half of the militia folks are probally undercover FBI agents.
β€œThe way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:40 pm »
I think half of the militia folks are probally undercover FBI agents.
You're probably correct.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:00 pm »
with ties to Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy

I have to wonder what that means. I wonder if everyone who defended Bundy on Twitter and Facebook would be described that way and their names thrown onto a no-fly or watch list