Author Topic: Rep. Jerrold Nadler, Dem. says: " Constitution was designed to 'increase government power".....  (Read 672 times)

Offline WAC

He states......"The Constitution was enacted to strengthen government power to enable central government to lay taxes and to function effectively. We put limits on that through the Bill of Rights, but the Constitution was enacted for the opposite purpose," said Nadler.

He said that after former assistant U.S. attorney and self described conservative constitutionalist Andrew McCarthy argued during his testimony that the ...."principal purpose of the Constitution is to limit the power of government to intrude on the liberties and suppress the rights of the American people.".... Nadler said he wanted to make that "historical correction" because he hears people saying the contrary and "it really bothers me."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-dem-constitution-was-designed-to-increase-government-power/article/2594606?custom_click=rss

HonestJohn

Yes... in comparison to the Articles of Confederation.

Offline goatprairie

Mark Levin ripped that dimwit Nadler a new one on his show the other day about his words. Levin knows the constitution inside and out.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Jerrold the Hutt has, in my view, one of the most punchable faces on Capitol Hill.  One of those faces you could punch over and over again until your fist hurt...

:beer:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:39:45 am by Chieftain »

Offline livius

I used to see the fat slob standing at the top of the subway steps on the Upper West Side when he was running for office. I avoided him and sure didn't shake his sweaty hand, but he was so fat you could barely get by him. I was always surprised didn't somebody didn't just shove him down the stairs so they could get to work....