Author Topic: Indiana terror suspect lured by extremism  (Read 265 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Indiana terror suspect lured by extremism
« on: June 23, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »
Amazing to see this happening even in the Hoosier State.  **nononono*

Indiana terror suspect lured by extremism

INDIANAPOLIS — An Indiana teenager accused of attempting to join Islamic State bounced around several schools before arriving — as a 10th-grader — at a private Muslim school on the north side of Indianapolis.

The MTI School of Knowledge was small — about 180 students from pre-K through 12th grade — and the well-traveled Akram I. Musleh didn’t seem to care for it. He struggled in school and, less than eight weeks into the year, withdrew. He returned to Brownsburg High School, which he had attended the year before.

Three years later, the now 18-year-old Musleh stands accused by federal authorities of providing material support to terrorists — and of trying to join Islamic State. And, based on court documents, he appears to be another example of a young Muslim lured to the dark side of extremist ideology — a virus that Muslim organizations are working to eradicate.

At the School of Knowledge, Musleh didn’t leave much of an impression, said Safaa Zarzour, the school’s superintendent. Only a math teacher remembered him — and that he struggled academically. His English — at least in writing — was poor. But beyond that, little else stood out.

Read More At: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/06/23/indiana-terror-suspect-lured-extremism/86287824/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Indiana terror suspect lured by extremism
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 09:16:42 pm »

We stopped one. Who are his parents, and why is the family here?

I submit that we have used terrible judgment, risking entry to so many muslims since 9/11/2001.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1215&bih=655&q=Akram+I.+Musleh+family&oq=Akram+I.+Musleh+family&gs_l=serp.12...28722.31251.0.34256.7.7.0.0.0.0.103.609.5j2.7.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.2.200...33i21.8eJkTg8iTes
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln