Author Topic: Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump  (Read 290 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:20:03 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-rumsfeld-donald-trump-224698

Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump

By Kristen East

06/22/16 07:48 PM EDT

Donald Rumsfeld, George W. Bush’s first defense secretary, said he “can’t imagine” not voting for Donald Trump in November.

Rumsfeld, speaking to Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren on Wednesday night, said he is “clearly” going to vote for Trump before going on to list reasons for which he couldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton.

Clinton’s opponent in the Democratic primary, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, has some things in common with Trump, Rumsfeld remarked.

“There is something happening that those two people could draw 25,000 human beings to hear them speak and I think that we ought to give some credence to that and understand that that’s real,” he said.

On the issue of NATO, Rumsfeld suggested that the media hasn’t accurately portrayed Trump’s position on the institution.

“I had a staff person go back and tell me precisely what [Trump] did say about NATO and then I compared it with what the media and his opponents are saying he said about NATIO and there’s a difference,” he said.

Van Susteren also asked Rumsfeld about which candidate would be better at taking down ISIL.

“I think the idea of four more years of what we’ve had over the past seven or eight is not going to do it,” he said.

Other Republican foreign-policy heavyweights have been silent about — if not outright hostile toward — Trump, and few have endorsed him. Earlier on Wednesday, former National Security Adviser Brent Scowcroft endorsed Clinton, praising her “deep expertise in international affairs, and a sophisticated understanding of the world.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Donald Rumsfeld says he's 'clearly' voting for Trump
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:25:02 pm »
Bill Kristol and certain local Hillary Fan Boyz are $hitting their pants.

WHAT are they going to do?

Offline oldmomster

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:32:28 pm »
Earlier on Wednesday, former National Security Adviser Brent Scowcroft endorsed Clinton, praising her “deep expertise in international affairs, and a sophisticated understanding of the world.”

You have got to be FREAKIN KIDDING!  So, a former REPUBLICAN National Security Adviser thinks its OK that hillary left soldiers and an AMBASSADOR holding the bag, ultimately being murdered while help was WITHIN REACH?  Yeah, thats soooooo sophisticated, soooooooo Washington.  What do they call the bystanders in video games?  mushrooms? 

This old blowhard also supports Obama's nuclear agreement with Iran.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/08/23/former-national-security-adviser-scowcroft-endorses-iran-nuclear-deal/

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:35:28 pm »
#NeverTrump

geronl

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:07 pm »
Another RINO Bush minion clocking in