Author Topic: Kaine rises to top of Clinton's veep list  (Read 561 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaine rises to top of Clinton's veep list
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:28:58 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/kaine-rises-to-top-of-clintons-veep-list-224702

Kaine rises to top of Clinton's veep list

The selection process is colored by new uncertainty among Democrats about whether Trump will be the GOP nominee.

By Annie Karni and Gabriel Debenedetti

06/23/16 05:18 AM EDT

Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine is emerging as the leading candidate atop Hillary Clinton’s vice presidential short list, according to Democratic allies and operatives close to the campaign.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren and HUD Secretary Julian Castro are also top prospects for the Democratic ticket — both representing nods to important Democratic constituencies.

But they have serious drawbacks that make them less appealing for Clinton than the Spanish-speaking, Terry McAuliffe-endorsed, former missionary and swing state governor, who was a finalist in Barack Obama’s vice presidential vetting process eight years ago.

Kaine currently towers over other top-tier candidates still in consideration like New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, Labor Secretary Tom Perez, California Rep. Xavier Becerra and Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Kaine rises to top of Clinton's veep list
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:42:09 pm »
Wow, so Kaine is endorsed by the Virginia Governor that Trump endorsed...

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 12:48:09 pm »

HUD Secretary Julian Castro are also top prospects for the Democratic ticket

Scenario:  Hillary selects Castro as VP.  Hillary wins election.  Hillary has to resign because of server or croaks while in office and Castro becomes POTUS.

A commie dream come true.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:26:31 pm »
It doesn't get more boring than Kaine.
Former Republican.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 03:19:31 pm »
It doesn't get more boring than Kaine.

I'd still go Cory Booker if I was her.  Lock down 95% of the black vote, and she wins.  And he's a sharp guy.  But they don't want to do that because Christie would appoint his replacement.  Misplaced priorities right there.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 03:23:48 pm »
Booker has troubles telling the truth,  too.  It would be a hilarious electon with liars abounding.
Former Republican.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:43:29 pm »
Booker has troubles telling the truth,  too.  It would be a hilarious electon with liars abounding.

That's true, but neither Trump nor his surrogates could go hard after Booker because they'd alienate a constituency where they'd hoped to make inroads.  I also think it's a waste of energy/money to go after Hillary's VP anyway simply because she's so much of a better target.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 04:35:20 pm »
That's true, but neither Trump nor his surrogates could go hard after Booker because they'd alienate a constituency where they'd hoped to make inroads.  I also think it's a waste of energy/money to go after Hillary's VP anyway simply because she's so much of a better target.

The first part doesn't really make sense.  If you figure Booker will cause hitlery to get 95% of the black vote, dumping on Booker is going to do what?  Make hitlery get 98%?

stumpy isn't going to make inroads there, especially with a black on the ticket.
Former Republican.