Author Topic: Thornberry Fears Bureaucracy Hamstrings Cyber Vs. ISIS  (Read 310 times)

rangerrebew

Thornberry Fears Bureaucracy Hamstrings Cyber Vs. ISIS
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:17 am »
 Thornberry Fears Bureaucracy Hamstrings Cyber Vs. ISIS
By Sydney J. Freedberg Jr. on June 22, 2016 at 2:23 PM

WASHINGTON: Why does the internet still work in Raqqa? That simple question about the Syrian capital of Daesh, the self-proclaimed Islamic State, posed today by retired fighter pilot Rep. Martha McSally, goes to the heart of how the military will use — or refrain from using — cyber weapons. It goes to deep suspicions that President Obama’s swollen National Security Council staff is micromanaging the military. No less a figure than House Armed Services Committee chairman Mac Thornberry voiced deep concern that we are bureaucratizing the cyber force at birth.

All too often in the air war, “by the time you get permission to do it (i.e. strike), the target is gone… I have personally talked to pilots who have had that happen,” Thornberry said at this morning’s full-committee hearing on cyber operations, for which the war on Daesh has been an official coming-out. “I’m concerned, I guess, that we are developing the same multi-layered bureaucracy, decision-making process, when it comes to cyber.”

http://breakingdefense.com/2016/06/thornberry-fears-bureaucracy-hamstrings-cyber-vs-isis/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:43:21 am by rangerrebew »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Re: Thornberry Fears Bureaucracy Hamstrings Cyber Vs. ISIS
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 10:58:18 am »
The recarterizing of the military in the cyber age.
Former Republican.