Author Topic: Ted Cruz Throws Support Behind Marco Rubio’s Re-Election Bid  (Read 1928 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: RED STATE

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/22/breaking-ted-cruz-throws-support-behind-marco-rubios-re-election-bid/

by: Jay Caruso

Despite the story coming out that Ted Cruz would not publicly lobby for Marco Rubio to run for re-election, now that Rubio has announced, Cruz is backing him.

The Washington Times has the details:

“Marco is a friend and has been an ally in many battles we have fought together in the Senate,” Mr. Cruz, Texas Republican, said in a statement. “I’m glad to support him in his bid for re-election.

“Marco is a tremendous communicator and a powerful voice for the American Dream,” Mr. Cruz said.

“At this time of great challenges, we very much need strong leaders in the Senate who will fight to restore economic growth, to defend our constitutional liberties, and to ensure a strong national security for our nation,” he said.

What will be fun to watch is all of the hard-core Rubio and Cruz people who have spent every day since the primaries started pissing on each others leg. I was a Rubio supporter but had no issue lining up with Ted Cruz the moment Rubio had to drop out of the race.

The hardcore people are convinced Rubio is not the nominee because of Cruz and Cruz people swear he was torpedoed by Rubio. So the reactions to this will be....interesting.

EXCERPT ONLY, CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Ted Cruz Throws Support Behind Marco Rubio’s Re-Election Bid
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:00:16 am »
This is the right thing for him to do.  Mike Lee did the same.  Rubio is conservative on most issues.

I agree. I think Marco has learned his lesson from the Gang of Eight incident.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:11:57 am »

URL: http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/22/breaking-ted-cruz-throws-support-behind-marco-rubios-re-election-bid/

Despite the story coming out that Ted Cruz would not publicly lobby for Marco Rubio to run for re-election, now that Rubio has announced, Cruz is backing him.

What will be fun to watch is all of the hard-core Rubio and Cruz people who have spent every day since the primaries started pissing on each others leg. I was a Rubio supporter but had no issue lining up with Ted Cruz the moment Rubio had to drop out of the race.

The hardcore people are convinced Rubio is not the nominee because of Cruz and Cruz people swear he was torpedoed by Rubio. So the reactions to this will be....interesting.

Politics ain't bean bag.

Besides.. thar be bigger fish too fry..... like trump.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:13:16 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline WAC

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 02:36:30 am »

Well Rubio did screw up majorly on the gang of 8....but no politician will satisfy everyone, and they are a far cry from perfection...

What I've often observed is 'the voters "failure" to allow our politicians to carefully guide or maneuver  in order to achieve an end , they give them no room for the most part because they don't understand the game that's played to get there......that became very obvious even in this election when people had to wake up and be aware of the game.

This General Election is high stakes as I've never known before......the outcome will be a tidal wave if either party wins this.....Hillary and Bill will ramrod through all they've set in place while she served as Sec. of State and he traveled around the world, both preparing to run this country into the arms of World Governance. ....it's set.

If Trump wins Washington Elites will quake as never before......Cruz once said...."the American people do not realize how close we are to getting our country back".....and that was before he ran.  We 'DO have good people in Washington ,as insiders, who have the stage 'set to run the ball' to take back our country when our guy gets there.....no matter who it is..... The idea is to get our man IN the door and seated. ....that's all....the tide will take him the rest of the way!
:bullie smokin:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:29 am »
Even with Cruz's support, Marco is going to have an uphill battle.  He lost his home state in the primary.  He stated he didn't like his job in the Senate.  He stated he was dropping out of politics.  Now he's jumping back in??  The GOP is in panic mode.  They know with Trump all down ballot candidates are in trouble.  We could very well lose the majority in both Houses.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:08:30 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 03:17:03 am »
I think Rubio is in pretty good shape -- one of his potential opponents had some  bad news today.

"A CBS4 News investigation into Murphy's history as both a CPA and a self-described small business owner, however, shows Murphy has in some cases exaggerated his experience and in other instances made claims that were misleading or outright false. For instance, he has never worked a day in his life as a Certified Public Accountant. And he was never a small business owner," the report said.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:20:53 am by thatcher »

Offline thatcher

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 03:22:15 am »
Yes, that's some bad news.  How did he think he could get away with such statements?

He's a Democrat. h/t Hoodat
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 04:47:17 am by thatcher »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 03:28:07 am »
I think Rubio is in pretty good shape -- one of his potential opponents had some  bad news today.

DeSantis withdrew his bid as well as Lopez-Cantera, which means then DeSantis is going to run for his House seat Also Jolly dropped out and his now running to keep his seat???

Looks like the GOP is trying to keep their incumbents as the best option to maintain their majorities.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline WAC

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 04:23:36 am »
well actually this is a Demorat....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 04:27:27 am »
well actually this is a Demorat....

Yeah. They come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:41 am »

Although I preferred Sen. Cruz to Sen. Rubio, I never went in for the Rubio-bashing.  I could have easily supported Sen. Rubio for president over the monster, lying don.

Better yet would have been a Cruz/Rubio or Rubio/Cruz ticket.

Lost opportunities.   *sigh*
Former Republican.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 08:09:53 pm »
I have a feeling there may be  a lot of semi-covert alliances forming before the convention.

Cleveland may be Trump's worst nightmare.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 08:21:54 pm »
I have a feeling there may be  a lot of semi-covert alliances forming before the convention.

Cleveland may be Trump's worst nightmare.

Lots of rumors floating around surrounding delegates vowing to vote their conscious and some have even stated that they won't vote for Trump.  Some delegates have withdrawn because of intimidation by Trump.  At the end of the day, does anyone honestly believe that Trump's influence won't buy him the nomination at the convention? At the end of the day, voters have elected him as the GOP nominee. I'm hoping as much as the next guy by some miracle Trump will be side stepped, but realistically, he's going to be our nominee.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:35 pm »
Lots of rumors floating around surrounding delegates vowing to vote their conscious and some have even stated that they won't vote for Trump.  Some delegates have withdrawn because of intimidation by Trump.  At the end of the day, does anyone honestly believe that Trump's influence won't buy him the nomination at the convention? At the end of the day, voters have elected him as the GOP nominee. I'm hoping as much as the next guy by some miracle Trump will be side stepped, but realistically, he's going to be our nominee.

You are 100% right.  I am more thinking that what should be a blastoff for the Trump campaign will come off as a PR disaster, and a national embarrassment. 

Quoting the soup Nazi.....     Donald.......No convention bounce in the polls for you.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.