Author Topic: Brexit Vote Live Thread  (Read 9814 times)

Offline WAC

Re: Brexit Vote Live Thread
« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:11 am »

geronl

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:51 am »
Looks like a majority, albeit a slim one, wants self-rule and national sovereignty!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2016, 04:13:19 am »

Brexit Referendum Is Non-Binding. UK Parliament Not Voters has Final Say:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,213296.0.html

However voting turns out, government policy “is to remain in the EU,” said Green.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2016, 04:14:03 am »
Been looking at the boroughs still to announce. Mostly the stockbroker belt. Should be interesting.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:28 am »

However voting turns out, government policy “is to remain in the EU,” said Green.

I think Cameron will have to resign.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2016, 04:19:43 am »
Because America is demanding Touchback Amnesty now!

lol

Well, 30% of America is.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2016, 04:19:49 am »

Yeah! Tell me about it! 

About ten years ago the people of Harris County, Texas voted to tear down the Astrodome but the damned thing still stands today as a sinkhole for taxpayer money!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:53:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2016, 04:20:37 am »
Been looking at the boroughs still to announce. Mostly the stockbroker belt. Should be interesting.

Pound tumbles to lows not seen since 1985 [after Brexit win]
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,213297.0.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline WAC

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2016, 04:22:43 am »
Pound Falls to it's lowest against the Dollar since 1985.....

There’s a state of shock in the City this morning, as investors digest the news that Britain appears to have voted to leave the European Union.

Markets had rallied yesterday on expectations that the remain side would win, so traders are now facing the prospect of a huge selloff this morning.

Over on IG’s trading floor, chief market analyst Chris Beauchamp says:

We’re seeing an unraveling of positions now that clearly shows that financial markets were heavily weighted one side. The financial markets looked at the polls and the betting markets – all the information available.

They suggested it would be close but history suggests that undecideds tend to go with the status quo. We’re now seeing highly volatile financial markets. We’ve had the worst night for the pound since the financial crisis.

Offline WAC

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:39 am »
I think Cameron will have to resign.

Possibly...I'm watching various dignitaries speaking about this....looks like a "Comfortable" Exit might be considered....others say he should remain.....toss of the coin I guess at this point.

geronl

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2016, 04:26:38 am »
Yeah! Tell me about it! 

About ten years ago the people of Harris County, Texas voted to tear down the Astrodome but the damned thing still stands today as a sinkhole fore taxpayer money!

You would think they could at least sell it to some televangelist or something

Offline WAC

« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2016, 04:28:37 am »

Guardian’s Anushka Asthana says....... while there will be jubilation at the decision to leave the European Union,..... She suggests there could be resignations by party leaders, a second independence referendum in Scotland and even a 'snap general election'......

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2016, 04:29:27 am »
Possibly...I'm watching various dignitaries speaking about this....looks like a "Comfortable" Exit might be considered....others say he should remain.....toss of the coin I guess at this point.

Scotland will add to the pressure.
+++++++++

geronl

« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2016, 04:30:32 am »
David Cameron will resign, won't he.... this was a massive defeat for him.

Offline WAC

« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:04 am »
Scotland will add to the pressure.

Certainly.....

Patrick Harvie, the Scottish Green party co-leader, has signalled his party could support a second independence referendum if that was called for by Scotland’s first minister Nicola Sturgeon.

The Scottish Greens announced they had launched a public petition calling for Holyrood to “examine and exhaust every option for continuing Scotland’s close ties with Europe” – a move which would include staging a second vote.

Describing the Brexit campaign as “deceitful, manipulative and at times downright racist”, Harvie said it would damage the economy and tear up the many benefits of EU membership.

He said: “Scotland must keep open every option for protecting ourselves from this threat. The Scottish parliament and government must be represented in the negotiations about what comes next. A cross-party plan of action should be sought, so we can defend our rights as EU citizens.”

With the SNP two seats short of an overall majority at Holyrood, Sturgeon would need the six votes of the pro-independence Scottish Green party to win a Scottish parliament vote calling for a second referendum.

The Scottish Greens have previously said they would only back a second vote if 1 million voters called for one. Many observers believe Sturgeon will resist pressure to demand one until opinion polls show far stronger support for breaking away.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/23/eu-referendum-result-live-counting-leave-remain-brain-in-europe

geronl

« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:13 am »
Eurosceptic Tory MPs and ministers sign letter urging David Cameron to continue as Prime Minister

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/23/eurosceptic-tory-mps-and-ministers-sign-letter-urging-david-came/

David Cameron has a “mandate and a duty” to continue as Prime Minister, Eurosceptic MPs and Cabinet members have said in an attempt to unite the party following the EU referendum.

More than 80 Eurosceptic Tory MPs – including every Cabinet minister who voted Leave – signed a letter addressed to Mr Cameron, urging him to remain as Prime Minister regardless of the referendum result.

delusional

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
David Cameron will resign, won't he.... this was a massive defeat for him.

He sided with the economy over the culture, and lost.
+++++++++

Offline WAC

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2016, 04:36:44 am »
Incoming from Northern Ireland.....

BREAKING:

Sinn Fein says.... "British government has forfeited any mandate to represent economic or political interests of people in N Ireland"

Source Reporter/presenter for @UTVNews

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2016, 04:38:40 am »
Eurosceptic Tory MPs and ministers sign letter urging David Cameron to continue as Prime Minister

delusional

From Twitter:
norman smith ‏@BBCNormanS
Leading Brexit MP tells me Cameron can stay "for a bit" but Osborne will have to go "pretty much straight away" #EUref
+++++++++

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:16 am »
It seems the English were unhappy with the level of immigration which has transformed their country.  Other parts of the UK have less immigration, and less change.  It's going to take a whale of an effort to keep the UK in its present form over the next few years.

Offline WAC

« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2016, 04:43:58 am »
He sided with the economy over the culture, and lost.

The sovereignty of nations wins!!!!!!!

Offline WAC

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2016, 04:48:11 am »
The Brexit does not bode well for Hillary or the Democratic Party..... That's a good thing!.....Britain's economy will recover just fine because The EU needed the UK more than the UK needed the EU.

Just heard German Government are Not happy campers tonight!

geronl

« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2016, 04:59:18 am »
The Brits should not be forced to subsidies the rest of the EU

Let Germany do that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2016, 05:13:44 am »
Frickin Scotland  :shrug: **nononono*

Frickin Scotland always on the watch for a teat to have hold of.

Wouldn't exit the UK, since they are a net taker there.

Now want to stay in EU, presuming they can gain some milk there, even though the UK overall contributes, not gains.

My mother's maiden name is Scots Gaelic, but they left for first Northern Ireland, and thence for North America in 1718.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2016, 05:19:17 am »
Yeah! Tell me about it! 

About ten years ago the people of Harris County, Texas voted to tear down the Astrodome but the damned thing still stands today as a sinkhole fore taxpayer money!

Keeping it in reserve, for refugees from the next flood in NOLO, muslim refugee resettlements, or illegals from Mexico.

Or any combination from the above choices.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln