Author Topic: Gutfeld: Orlando’s doom. The most depressing article you will ever share. Share it anyway  (Read 453 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The immediate consequences from the Orlando terror attack are obvious: dozens dead and maimed – families changed forever.

The next layer of consequences, arriving soon, are not as obvious, but they are coming.  Here they are:

We are getting a divorce. First, a poll shows that Americans are pretty much divided on their opinions about the attack.  Most of the Democrats see it as a gun control issue. Most Republicans see it as a terror attack.  And there seems to be no sign of compromise (why can’t it be mostly “terror” and a little “guns?” asks the therapist, Dr. Gutfeld)

This poll hints at an ongoing, disturbing change in this country – one that brings forth a series of even more problems – those of which I see as almost unsolvable. We quarrel about the quarrel. We cannot agree on the fight. And therefore we cannot begin to fight. Instead, we are like that proverbial snake that devours its own tail. Except, we think it’s sushi. But it’s blowfish. You get the idea. We’re dead....

...The problem is: we no longer believe that what we have is good. How can America defeat ISIS if we have vocal factions believing that we are worse? How can we fight the enemy if a large portion of our population thinks an inanimate object – a gun – caused Orlando? And not this pernicious ideology you can’t even call a death cult, because radical Islam is worse than that? It’s a death movement. A death phenomenon.  It’s a force that sees our conscious lives as inferior to what happens after you die. Which is why, for them, killing gays is an act of love. They’re doing those sinners a favor – in their twisted skulls, killing innocents in a night club just gave the murdered a Fast Pass to Nirvana.

Boy, this is a depressing article.  And I wrote it.

Read it and weep.

For the victims. For the country.  For your family. For you and me.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/06/20/gutfeld-orlando-s-doom-most-depressing-article-will-ever-share-share-it-anyway.html?cmpid=NL_opinion

Gutfeld is a bit odd, but he's one of the sharpest people on Fox, and an independent thinker.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Good Article Here's another quote that's right on the money:

We lose respect for evidence. Our inability to call a spade a spade is the result of divorcing cause from effect. If we can’t call Islamism out for this horribleness, then what’s left? Blame Guns. Christians. White Zinfindal.  It’s as though you blame a massive wild fire not on dry tinder and a lit cigarette, but on poor self-esteem among carbon products.

Here’s science: Islamism preaches the murder of gays; then an Islamist murders a club full of gays.  Cause…effect.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Gutfeld is a bit odd, but he's one of the sharpest people on Fox, and an independent thinker.
We have killed debate. To better enhance well-being, one must be able to argue and even allow oneself to be proven wrong. Science is all about that: prove me wrong, please.  Now, no one wants to be wrong, even when it’s an abstract debate.

Don't we know that all so well
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington