Author Topic: RNC official claims party leaders are aiding anti-Trump delegates  (Read 266 times)

Offline thatcher

Uhhh -- no, Mr. Ash (liberal RNC guy from Tucson), you've got it exactly backwards -- the delegates are spearheading this fight.

RNC official claims party leaders are aiding anti-Trump delegates

A top Republican official claimed Wednesday that a handful of his fellow party leaders might be sympathetic to a delegate-led effort to deny Donald Trump the nomination at the party's national convention next month.

Republican National Committeeman Bruce Ash expressed concern in a three-page letter to other RNC members that the party's newly-appointed rules committee chairwoman could support a "conscience vote" to unbind all 2,472 delegates at the GOP convention. Such a move, he claimed, would be "catastrophic" for the party.

Ash specifically accused Enid Mickelsen, who will head the convention's rules committee, and Ron Kaufman of aiding the effort to the force a conscience vote in order to free bound delegates from supporting Trump on the first ballot. Mickelson and Kaufman are alumni of Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential campaign.

"I have enormous respect for Mitt Romney, however, in view of his support of the NeverTrump movement I questioned how it looked that two of the leaders in the 2012 Romney campaign were running convention rules…" Ash wrote, adding that he finds it "quite remarkable that the RNC might actually be leaning toward a vote" to unbind delegates.

Read more:  http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/rnc-head-claims-party-leaders-are-aiding-anti-trump-delegates/article/2594627
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:57:45 pm by thatcher »

geronl

Re: RNC official claims party leaders are aiding anti-Trump delegates
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:57:22 pm »
I wish it were so, it would prove that at least a few sane people are still there

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: RNC official claims party leaders are aiding anti-Trump delegates
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 10:06:37 pm »
So what's wrong with that, if they are backing the desires of its members, not the desires of a particular candidate or non party members they might have fraudulently drug to some open primary polling site.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy