Author Topic: Here’s What Donald Trump Said About Jesus in that Playboy Mag that Jerry Falwell Jr. Posed in Front Of  (Read 469 times)

geronl

http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2016/06/22/heres-donald-trump-said-jesus-playboy-mag-jerry-falwell-posed-front/

EXCERPT
Jerry Falwell, Jr., son of the late evangelical that founded Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia, got a lot of criticism yesterday as a result of a photo he tweeted standing with Donald Trump giving a thumbs up.

It's bad enough that Mr. Falwell (not a reverend as many people believe) is endorsing, giving evangelical cover to and posing with someone who seems to worship only at a temple devoted to himself.  To add insult to injury, specifically injury against Falwell's late father, you may notice that on the shrine to Trump's ego behind them, there is a playboy magazine on the wall with Trump on the cover.

I took him to task as much as possible on Twitter last night and some of his responses were downright Biblically illiterate, but what was most interesting was people defending the Playboy as "no big deal."

Certainly, in the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Falwell's existence as part of team Trump is precisely to ease the concerns of evangelicals who might be concerned about The Donald's commitment to his alleged Christianity and the ideals and priorities of the church community.

PB: How large a role does pure ego play in your deal making and enjoyment of publicity?
DT: Every successful person has a very large ego.
PB: Every successful person? Mother Teresa? Jesus Christ?
DT: Far greater egos than you will ever understand.
(emphasis mine)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
God is much more patient than I would be. The level of blindness that his supporters can show is astounding. At some point people can't keep laughing these things off and whistling past the graveyard.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
God is much more patient than I would be. The level of blindness that his supporters can show is astounding. At some point people can't keep laughing these things off and whistling past the graveyard.

God permits this blindness as punishment for our sins.  Our nation is coming under chastisement.   We deserve it.
Former Republican.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Silver Pines

Jerry Falwell Jr. has turned out to be a dolt and a fame hound.  I suspect he wants to associate with big names like his father; I guess we're seeing the lengths he will go to in order to do it.

The Falwells are a local family, and some who know them say Jerry's brother Jonathan, who pastors the church, is in strong disagreement with the Trump support.  I know that many Liberty students have a problem with it, too, but when they try to engage Jerry on twitter, he blocks them.

He's been blocking people all day.

Offline skeeter

Jerry Falwell Jr. has turned out to be a dolt and a fame hound.  I suspect he wants to associate with big names like his father; I guess we're seeing the lengths he will go to in order to do it.

The Falwells are a local family, and some who know them say Jerry's brother Jonathan, who pastors the church, is in strong disagreement with the Trump support.  I know that many Liberty students have a problem with it, too, but when they try to engage Jerry on twitter, he blocks them.

He's been blocking people all day.

Falwell let it slip on Hannity's show (speaking of dolts) that Trump had recently given Liberty U a significant unsolicited donation. I was waiting for his endorsement from that point on, and less than a month later, there it was.

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

Falwell let it slip on Hannity's show (speaking of dolts) that Trump had recently given Liberty U a significant unsolicited donation. I was waiting for his endorsement from that point on, and less than a month later, there it was.

I knew it!  Not long after the endorsement, Falwell purchased a shopping mall here in town.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wisdom is obviously not inherited.
It's been my experience that, if a man has multiple sons and names one after himself, "Junior" always turns out the least like his father.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024