Author Topic: Trump, in speech, attacks Clinton as 'world-class liar'  (Read 5655 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, in speech, attacks Clinton as 'world-class liar'
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:39:17 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-clinton-is-a-world-class-liar-224653

Trump, in speech, attacks Clinton as 'world-class liar'

The billionaire also invited Bernie Sanders' supporters to join his effort against her.

By Nick Gass

06/22/16 10:47 AM EDT

Updated 06/22/16 11:08 AM EDT
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

In his speech ripping into Hillary Clinton on Wednesday, Donald Trump accused the former secretary of state and presumptive Democratic nominee of being a "world-class liar" who "may be the most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency."

In an address where he rarely strayed from his prepared remarks, Trump positioned himself as a populist fighting against an opponent with global interests disinterested in fighting for the American people first.

Pointing to her past debunked claims about landing under sniper fire in Bosnia in the 1990s and her "pathetic email and server statements," Trump invited Bernie Sanders' supporters to join his effort against Clinton, who he says has corrupted America's economy, foreign policy and national security.

"When I see the crumbling roads and bridges, or the dilapidated airports, or the factories moving overseas to Mexico, or to other countries, I know these problems can all be fixed, but not by Hillary Clinton – only by me," Trump said from his Trump SoHo in New York City, according to his prepared remarks. (Mexico is connected by land to the United States.)

The career of Brian Williams was "destroyed for saying less," Trump said, alluding to the NBC News anchor who last year admitted to fabricating past accounts of personal reporting experience, but is now back at MSNBC.

Clinton, Trump said, "has perfected the politics of personal profit and even theft."

more

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/transcript-trump-speech-on-the-stakes-of-the-election-224654
Full transcript: Donald Trump NYC speech on stakes of the election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
Re: Trump, in speech, attacks Clinton as 'world-class liar'
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »
Pot, kettle.

Someone had to say it. 888what
Former Republican.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:31 pm »
Trump has proven himself to be a world-class liar too.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21:05 pm »
Trump has such a low bar to clear, this speech will probably be enough for the media to say "well, he's turning it around."

It's typical Trump, though.  Half the stuff he accuses Hillary of he's doing or has done himself!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sitetest

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 04:23:43 pm »
Trump has proven himself to be a world-class liar too.

stumpy is worse than a liar.  Lying don is a deciever.

Every word out of hitlery's mouth is a lie.  But no one believes anything she says. People who are going to vote for her are going to vote  for her because she's the democrat, the liberal.

But stumpy lies, and a significant number of people (enough to win a plurality in the Republican primaries) believe him.  He is a deceiver.   Perhaps, he will turn out to be the Great Deciever.
Former Republican.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 04:43:56 pm »
This guy is not bad at reading a teleprompter.  That qualification, plus a dark complexion, was good enough for rats in 2008.  Maybe it is enough for the stupid party too.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 04:56:01 pm »
This guy is not bad at reading a teleprompter.  That qualification, plus a dark complexion, was good enough for rats in 2008.  Maybe it is enough for the stupid party too.

One has to ask:  did Hillary become corrupt when Trump started running against her? 

Or has she always been corrupt, even when he was pouring money into her foundation and calling her a great SOS and saying she'd make a great president?

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 05:08:27 pm »
One has to ask:  did Hillary become corrupt when Trump started running against her? 

Or has she always been corrupt, even when he was pouring money into her foundation and calling her a great SOS and saying she'd make a great president?

That's a great question.  One could also ask if Trump suspected Hitlery murdered Foster before he invited her to his last wedding.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »
That's a great question.  One could also ask if Trump suspected Hitlery murdered Foster before he invited her to his last wedding.

OR invite a rapist to his wedding
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 05:20:17 pm »
Say what you will this was a good speech.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:23:13 pm »

He's still a con-man and he's still as corrupt and as big a liar as her

Offline WAC

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 05:27:24 pm »

Yes indeed it was.......and I'm very critical when it comes to "formal" speeches as I'm not looking for  cheer leader but one who can present the arguments and hammer them home......he did just that with Hillary and this was  only his first formal speech directly addressing her stance.......and he will get better at doing this as he goes along.....I think he's just not use to using a prompter and that too he'll eventually "shine" I think.....it's just new to him....but he needs one to stay on point.

An interesting point was made...."We are watching 'the making' of a President"........I think that's right.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 05:30:57 pm »
Yes indeed it was.......and I'm very critical when it comes to "formal" speeches as I'm not looking for  cheer leader but one who can present the arguments and hammer them home......he did just that with Hillary and this was  only his first formal speech directly addressing her stance.......and he will get better at doing this as he goes along.....I think he's just not use to using a prompter and that too he'll eventually "shine" I think.....it's just new to him....but he needs one to stay on point.

An interesting point was made...."We are watching 'the making' of a President"........I think that's right.

Nah.

Trump has proven unable to stay on message.  Everyone is holding their breath now, hoping that Trump doesn't step all over this with some idiotic statement.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 05:31:55 pm »
It was a good speech.
I'd like to see the Clinton supporters in the media try and spin it.
It needed to be said, and to be said by someone with a national audience.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 05:33:06 pm »
It was a good speech.
I'd like to see the Clinton supporters in the media try and spin it.
It needed to be said, and to be said by someone with a national audience.

Agree.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline WAC

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 05:38:51 pm »

Article stated....

"Trump positioned himself as a populist fighting against an opponent with global interests disinterested in fighting for the American people first."

And that is the heart of this election.................not if or not someone believes him.....but the very  fight itself..... Do we want to be a nation under Global Governance, which Hillary will fast track and spent her years as Sec. of state traveling world wide to set that up......it's set.............................OR.......will we go for Trump who is fully focused on American interests and doing what's necessary to make that happen......and stop this Globalist push on our nation and it's people.

This is what we'll get much much more of if Hillary wins:.............(A Latino now is on her hot list for VP)

Clinton/Obama/Demorats :

+Destroyed our national sovereignty
+ Destroyed healthcare
+ Destroyed the sanctity of marriage
+ Turned race relations back 100 years
+ Attacked the Police and Praised Criminals
+ Quadrupled the number of people on food stamps
+ Restarted the Cold War
+ Destroyed our Allies and Supported our Enemies
+ Turned our Military into a gay bath house
+ Attacked Christians and Supported Muslims
+ Reverted the middle east back into the middle ages
+ Turned the IRS and NSA into the KGB
+ Doubled the national debt
+ Infested America with Foreign Diseases
+ Wasted Billions of taxpayer $ on the Scam of "Global Warming"
+ Greatly empowered and supported Islamic radicals
+ Flooded America with illegal Aliens, Muslims and Africans
+ Taken over the Internet - If you like your Internet you can keep it!
+ Allowed the Iranians to get Nuclear Weapons
+ NOW FLOODING AMERICA WITH SYRIAN ISIS TERRORISTS!

:bullie smokin:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »
Trump has such a low bar to clear, this speech will probably be enough for the media to say "well, he's turning it around."

It's typical Trump, though.  Half the stuff he accuses Hillary of he's doing or has done himself!!!

The word 'liar' has lost all meaning for Trump ... he uses it far too frequently for it to have any impact against Hillary.

Remember how he constantly referred to Ted Cruz as 'Lying Cruz,' a word which was picked up with glee at TOS and used all the time.

There's really nothing Trump can say at this point to win back the support he's lost.  He can give one speech sticking to a written script but the next day he will be tweeting out contradictory tweets or spouting off on a TV show.

We all know that Hillary is horrible but she is predictably horrible.  The Trumpster is an unpredictable disaster waiting to happen.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 05:41:28 pm »
Yes. 
Unfortunately the message of Politics of personal enrichment might be undercut by Trump U and Trump's last FEC filing.

Offline WAC

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 05:50:27 pm »
It was a good speech............................It needed to be said, and to be said by someone with a national audience.

That's exactly right.......Like it or not this is the ONLY man we have on stage to go head on against Hillary .....I don't see the Republicans have any solid plan to put anyone else up...so this is what we got. We either determine to play the card we got or get out of the game. Some will do so...others will finally come to the conclusion that we cannot let Hillary and Bill take the reins again at all!

We vote because we are citizens of this nation .......not because we are Christians or any other faith or race.......it's an election of who is willing to lead this nation NOT give it away. Hillary will do that.......Trump is now co-operating as his speeches of recent show......he is carrying the republican positions against Hillary. He is still a better hope for this country than a Clinton Presidency......like Trump or not he's 'the only one in the running opposing her'.....that's the reality people need to look at.

Offline WAC

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 06:03:39 pm »

That really doesn't matter...he will do what is necessary to retain his base supporters who love the stuff he spouts......while at the same time be measured and precise in his formal speeches where it matters what he is saying. That's just how it is.....and this is the card we've been delt....

The question is do we play it to oppose Hillary or do we simply bow out and let the chips fall where they may?????

I can't not vote because I am in the game as a US Citizen from birth ...it's our home and there's no where to go  if Hillary fast tracks this nation 'fully' into the Globalist Government Hands. ...fast tracks Abortion throughout the world.........along with all the other losses she will surely bring to this country by her surge in foreigners coming here..... I will oppose her and if that means voting for Trump to have even a small hope he will stop her...then I'm in!..and will leave Trump in the hands of God!

Offline sitetest

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 06:04:24 pm »
That's exactly right.......Like it or not this is the ONLY man we have on stage to go head on against Hillary .....I don't see the Republicans have any solid plan to put anyone else up...so this is what we got. We either determine to play the card we got or get out of the game. Some will do so...others will finally come to the conclusion that we cannot let Hillary and Bill take the reins again at all!

We vote because we are citizens of this nation .......not because we are Christians or any other faith or race.......it's an election of who is willing to lead this nation NOT give it away. Hillary will do that.......Trump is now co-operating as his speeches of recent show......he is carrying the republican positions against Hillary. He is still a better hope for this country than a Clinton Presidency......like Trump or not he's 'the only one in the running opposing her'.....that's the reality people need to look at.

Wrong.  Propaganda.

Nothing is worse than stumpy.  He will destroy the foundations of our constitutional order in ways hitlery couldn't even dream.  stumpy is the liberal successor to the proto-dictator,  the kenyan anti-christ.   stumpy has said that the kenyan's rule by executive order is a precedent and starting point for him.  With stumpy, we are getting the next one in line in the devolution of the United States from a republic to a dictatorship.   hitlery is evil enough to fulfill that role, but not creative enough.

hitlery would be nearly as bad as t h e kenyan.   stumpy would be worse.

In any case, while there is a sliver of hope remaining, we must try to overthrow stumpy and replace him with just about any other Republican,  even if it means losing in November,  so the party, as a vehicle of dissent and obstruction to the evil of hitlery, is preserved.

#Nevertrump
Former Republican.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 06:15:14 pm »

Brilliant speech  Say what you will about Trump, he is a FIGHTER.  McCain or Romney would never have the testosterone to make such a speech.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 06:16:38 pm »
This speech, IMO, signals were Trump is going from here on out with his campaign.

You can't yell "Benghazi" or just point out Hillary's corruption as the electorate is already aware of all that. What it sounded like to me is Trump is going to start portraying Hillary as the poster child for DC excesses. Everything everybody hates about DC is represented in Clinton. People are disgusted with DC politics and the general direction of the country. Trump's tactic will now shift to ask the voting public if they want four or eight more years of the last eight.

Reagan, after his last debate with Carter in 1980, stated that when the American people go to the polls,they should ask themselves if they feel things are better than four years earlier. This may change his fortunes as the public is very unhappy with how things are going and may decide to take a chance with a Washington outsider. That wouldn't mean the public loves him. It just means it 4-8 more years of what they've already been getting that's angering them verses a risk that things might change

Time will tell if my assessment is correct, of course. So we'll see
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 06:27:37 pm »
We may be saying President elect Trump in Nov.

And should he be elected, those of us who have our major  misgivings about him could end up being proven wrong. I'm doubtful of that as of now, but stranger things have happened
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »
Big deal. Somebody gave him a script and some meds.

By tomorrow he will be off both and ranting like a loony once again.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...