Author Topic: UPDATED: Stennis, Reagan CSGs Conduct Dual-Carrier Operations In Philippine Sea  (Read 585 times)

rangerrebew

UPDATED: Stennis, Reagan CSGs Conduct Dual-Carrier Operations In Philippine Sea
By: Megan Eckstein
June 20, 2016 9:03 AM • Updated: June 20, 2016 5:46 PM

The Nimitz-class aircraft carriers USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74), left, and USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76) conduct dual aircraft carrier strike group operations in the U.S. 7th Fleet area of operations in support of security and stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific. US Navy photo.

This post has been updated to include comments from Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson.

The aircraft carriers USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) and USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) began dual-carrier flight operations in the Philippine Sea over the weekend, for the first time in about two years.

The ships and aircraft from both carrier strike groups began coordinated operations in international waters on June 18, “demonstrating the United States’ unique capability to operate multiple carrier strike groups in close proximity,” according to a Navy news release. The operations included air defense drills, sea surveillance, replenishments at sea, long-range strikes and more,

https://news.usni.org/2016/06/20/stennis-reagan-dual-carrier-operations#more-20278

READ MORE
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:45:50 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

Wow.

I wonder if we ever send 3 carriers to something like that.

Offline r9etb

I suppose it should amaze me that this saber-rattling with the Chinese is going on, and nobody in the media are talking about it.

But it no longer amazes me.  The media are useless for this sort of thing.

Offline skeeter

If it is not politically useful, the MSM have no use for it.

This is leftism in a nutshell.

When the next world war breaks out I expect most of us will be utterly shocked.