Author Topic: Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:42:35 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/donald-trump-money-republicans-224607

Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP

'I have a state Senate client that has more in the bank,' said one Republican operative.

By Daniel Strauss

06/21/16 06:21 PM EDT

Updated 06/21/16 07:10 PM EDT

They knew it was going to be bad, but not this bad.

Donald Trump's newly released fundraising figures proved so anemic that Republican operatives are still shaking their heads and rubbing their eyes to make sure they read the numbers correctly.

The presumptive Republican nominee — who frequently boasts about his vast personal fortune — reported a paltry $1.3 million cash on hand Monday evening, a total not even in the same ballpark as Hillary Clinton’s $42.5 million.

"It's low for a Senate race, much less a presidential race," said Republican pollster Whit Ayres, who formerly worked for Sen. Marco Rubio.

"I have a state Senate client that has more in the bank," said another GOP operative formerly aligned with Rubio’s campaign. The number was "almost so low that it's not even comprehendable."

After enduring an evening of Twitter mockery over his lack of cash, Trump on Tuesday moved to remedy his situation by sending out the campaign’s first fundraising email — with an all-caps subject line reading "THE FIRST ONE."

Republicans already worry it may be too little, too late.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 11:57:33 pm »
Yeah.  Trump sent out a fundraising letter.

It basically said, if you give me $2M, I will use $2M of my own money to pay myself back for paying myself a salary, buying my son's wine, and flying my jet.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Re: Trump's puny war chest rattles GOP
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:16:13 am »
 :thumbsup: