Author Topic: Gun control measures fail to clear Senate hurdle  (Read 1013 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gun control measures fail to clear Senate hurdle
« on: June 20, 2016, 11:01:26 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/20/gun-control-measures-fail-to-clear-senate-hurdle.html

Published June 20, 2016 FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING: A series of dueling gun control measures in the Senate were defeated Monday evening in the first proposed legislation in the wake of the Orlando terror attack.

The first vote was on the amendment by Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, to enhance funding for an existing gun background check system which needed 60 votes to pass. The final vote tally was 53 to 47.

The second vote was on a measure by Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., to expand gun background checks and close the so-called gun show loophole where firearm purchases are not tracked. The final vote tally was 44 to 56.

Republican Sen. John Cornyn of Texas pushed a measure that would allow the government to delay a gun sale to a suspected terrorrist for 72 hours, but require prosecutors to go to court to show probable cause to block the sale permanently. The National Rifle Associated backed the legislation, but it failed in a final vote of 53 to 47.

The fourth and final vote involved a measure by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., to keep people on a government terrorism watch list or other suspected terrorists from buying guns. The Justice Department endorsed her legislation, but it also failed with a final vote count of 47 to 53.

The votes came after Murphy filibustered for almost 15 hours last week seeking action in response to the killing of 49 people in the gay nightclub Pulse by Omar Mateen, a Florida man who pledged his loyalty to ISIS in the midst of the rampage.

“It’s hard to believe, but still true, that our Republican colleagues voted to allow suspected terrorists to buy guns," said Sen. Charles Schumer, D-NY, after the votes. "We will keep pushing until they see the light.”

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Gun control measures fail to clear Senate hurdle
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 11:18:20 pm »
The gun grabbers got their vote.  Now they can shut up until the next mass shooting.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:36:07 pm »
The left, in concert with some of the GOP, will try to usurp the constitution whenever they get a chance.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 11:42:54 pm »
The gun grabbers got their vote.  Now they can shut up until the next mass shooting.

When they take control of the senate in November they will jump on the first opportunity.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 11:45:05 pm »
I am glad that Trumps help didn't push it over the top

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 12:37:59 am »
When they take control of the senate in November they will jump on the first opportunity.

I agree with you.  However, for now, I really think we need to count our blessings.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Synthesist

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 03:26:59 am »
I am glad that Trumps help didn't push it over the top

Alarmingly, both of the major party president candidates supported violating the constitutional 2A rights of US citizens. The four senate “gun control” bills were defeated, but only by thin margins…
#BlueLivesMatter
#AllLivesMatter - especially the unborn...

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 04:22:29 am »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/20/gun-control-measures-fail-to-clear-senate-hurdle.html

Published June 20, 2016 FoxNews.com

The other day I said this is exactly what was going to happen. I mentioned that TOS was going ballistic. I was then asked whether I was a spy being paid to look in on TOS. Those people on the TOS don't need to be spied on. They need to be medicated.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 08:54:40 am »
I agree with you.  However, for now, I really think we need to count our blessings.

And our guns and ammo.
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 11:22:39 am »
Senate Shoots Down All Gun Control Proposals

Posted By Juliegrace Brufke On 8:26 PM 06/20/2016 In | No Comments

The Senate voted down four gun amendments tacked onto a Department of Justice spending bill Monday evening.

The measures – two introduced by Democrats and two by Republicans – were attached in the wake of the Orlando terror attack, which left 49 people dead and many more injured at a gay night club.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/20/senate-shoots-down-all-gun-control-proposals/

READ MORE

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 11:53:19 am »
It is enjoyable to see the Gun Grabbers fail like this. It also helps that they drive up Firearm sales each time they do so and that makes stocks like Vicex that invests in weapons manufacturers (among other things) grow bigger. http://money.usnews.com/funds/mutual-funds/large-blend/usa-mutuals-barrier-fund/vicex
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Synthesist

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 12:22:48 pm »
Quote from: Mechanicos=topic=212790.msg936419#msg936419 date=1466509999
It is enjoyable to see the Gun Grabbers fail like this...

Especially like the gun grabber Trump, who expressed his support for the unconstitutional expansion of the "no-fly" list to include a "no-buy" list to infringe the 2A rights of US citizens without due process... 
#BlueLivesMatter

Offline Cowboyway

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 12:30:19 pm »
Especially like the gun grabber Trump, who expressed his support for the unconstitutional expansion of the "no-fly" list to include a "no-buy" list to infringe the 2A rights of US citizens without due process...

New York City values.  Constitution?  Trump don't need no stinking constitution!
"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 12:41:57 pm »
Recently seen on Twitter:
Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 7m7 minutes ago
"The president is profoundly frustrated," says @PressSec on @Morning_Joe that can't get "no fly, no buy" gun measure through Congress.

Joe Walsh ‏@WalshFreedom 46m46 minutes ago
Sen Feinstein yesterday: "After Orlando, we have to do something!"
The poor, little liberal answer to everything: "Gov must do something."

Mark Knoller ‏@markknoller 43m43 minutes ago
In tweet last night, @WhiteHouse slammed gun bill votes saying the Senate had "failed to do its part to #DisarmHate."
Oooh, Obammy is using a hashtag now. Watch out!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Synthesist

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 12:46:42 pm »
New York City values.  Constitution?  Trump don't need no stinking constitution!

Yep, just as Sen. Cruz warned: Trump is infested with "New York Values"... and Trump once again proves Cruz correct...
#BlueLivesMatter

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 12:48:20 pm »
Trump is fixable on this issue, Hillary is not. Trump has bad information on what the 2nd means. That is correctable as he does believe in the right to be armed is for individuals. Hillary does share that same belief.  IF Trump follows thru on appointing conservative Judges it will not matter what his position is on this issue.

Scalia said in paraphrase that the only limitation on the 2nd was that the Arm was able to be carried...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Synthesist

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 01:01:10 pm »
Trump is fixable on this issue...

WRONG!!! No presidential candidate can express any unconstitutional proposal and expect to be elected to the Oval Office. They automatically disqualify themselves. Their self inflicted disqualification is NOT "fixable"!
#BlueLivesMatter

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 09:34:03 pm »
Senate Shoots Down All Gun Control Proposals

Posted By Juliegrace Brufke On 8:26 PM 06/20/2016 In | No Comments

The Senate voted down four gun amendments tacked onto a Department of Justice spending bill Monday evening.

The measures – two introduced by Democrats and two by Republicans – were attached in the wake of the Orlando terror attack, which left 49 people dead and many more injured at a gay night club.

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/20/senate-shoots-down-all-gun-control-proposals/

READ MORE
If McConnell had any conservative cojones, these bill would have never seen the light of day. But since he lets Schumer make his calls, he and the GOP look like the fools they are.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 09:40:17 pm »
Does anybody know where the final tallies are?  I want to see how my guys voted.  I saw a story earlier that showed McStain voted "aye" on at least one of these.  Flake voted incorrectly the last time a couple years ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 10:17:07 pm »
If McConnell had any conservative cojones, these bill would have never seen the light of day. But since he lets Schumer make his calls, he and the GOP look like the fools they are.
I used to defend McConnell often.  I don't like defending McConnell now that he on board with Trump, but having the votes was the responsible thing to do.  If they had not had the votes the media would still be talking about the GOP being unwilling to even have a vote.  Plus it helps gauge the overall Congressional support for the 2nd Amendment.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 10:45:49 pm »
I used to defend McConnell often.  I don't like defending McConnell now that he on board with Trump, but having the votes was the responsible thing to do.  If they had not had the votes the media would still be talking about the GOP being unwilling to even have a vote.  Plus it helps gauge the overall Congressional support for the 2nd Amendment.

I agree with you.  Having the votes was not a failure on McConnell's part.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: