Author Topic: Trump threatens to fund his own campaign  (Read 2360 times)

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Trump threatens to fund his own campaign
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2016, 11:11:33 pm »
When Democrats gave him all his primary votes, why should he expect Republican help?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline verga

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2016, 11:55:33 pm »
This will be his excuse to drop out around the middle of August, screwing over the party and putting sHrillary in to the Whitehut.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:04 am »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-threatens-to-fund-his-own-campaign/article/2594302#.V2W-Qt3qys0.twitter

Trump threatens to fund his own campaign

John Siciliano
6/18/2016

Donald Trump Saturday threatened to fund his own campaign, saying the Republican Party is not doing enough to help him.

"If the Republican party acts like they don't wanna help, I'll fund my own campaign," Trump said during a rally in Las Vegas. "Right now I'm raising a lot of money for the GOP. I like doing it. But we have to have help." Trump said "life is like a two-way street," suggesting the GOP had to start sending help his way too. "Otherwise, I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Funding my own campaign. That's the easy way. Hopefully, we can continue to go the way we're going."

Trump funded much of his primary campaign with his own money, but he was planning to rely on outside funding for the general election. Some reports have indicated that Trump has not been enthusiastic about fundraising.

Trump said 70 percent more Republicans have voted in the primaries than in the last election because of him. In some states, he said it's up 102 percent from 4 years ago.

Trump said before, for the Republicans, "the ideas weren't right." Now he's changed that, he claimed. He said the GOP wasn't focused on the border and the budget.

"They have to focus on budgets instead of me."

This has got em tied in knots over at the "other" place. Every other post is "your an idiot" or a zot threat. Guessin all's not happy on the tRump Republic.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2016, 03:25:41 am »
Trump sorta sounds like the kid threatening to take all his marbles and go home.  wa wa wa.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Oceander

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2016, 03:51:52 am »
I thought one of the "virtues" of Trump was that he would self-fund and wouldn't be beholden to the money-men.  Makes Trump sort of pointless if now he's demanding he gets money from the money-men.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2016, 03:57:27 am »
I posted this elsewhere.  This is the video on his campaign website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O87ix4cVz5g

"I know the best people.  And I'm totally self-funding my campaign, so I don't have to take donors and special interest people and lobbyists.  I don't have to bring them in.  I know the absolute best people, and I'm bringing them with me to Washington.  Blah blah blah CHINA! blah blah blah"

Not one other word about self funding.  Seems pretty clear to me that he intended us to believe he was self-funding both the primary and the general.  Good luck, Donald.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2016, 06:28:03 am »
Quote from: Trump
"I know the best people.  .  .  .  .  I know the absolute best people, and I'm bringing them with me to Washington.  Blah blah blah

This is the exact same line of BS that he fed to the Trump University class action plaintiffs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:49 am »
Trump has been saying the same ole phoney baloney for a year now. How many times does he have to say the same nothing to get people to believe him?

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 11:29:32 am »
This is the exact same line of BS that he fed to the Trump University class action plaintiffs.

Therein lies the secret of why stumpy is running.  In any other field of endeavor,  lying don can be sued, or worse, criminally prosecuted for lying.  In politics, the voters can't file suit against a politician who lied to them.

stumpy is free to lie with impunity.  Or rather, legal immunity.
Former Republican.

Offline elhombrelibre

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 12:02:45 pm »
I wonder if Medicare is covering his back hair transplants to his head....

Trump is the Cheeto deity. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »
King Trumpy the Orange told everyone when he started this endeavor that he was going to fund his campaign and not take money from donors.   I say keep your promise Trumpy......   We need all of the RNC money spent on keeping the senate and the house so they can try to stop she who's name cannot be said.

These guys are gonna stop Hillary?

Really?

"Presidents Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush received the Liberty Medal in 2006.

Clinton playfully joked that the two ex-presidents are 'let's face it, the classic odd couple of American politics' as they have worked together a number of times since leaving office.

She said the duo 'just had one of their annual play dates up in Kennebunkport,' at the Bush family compound in Maine.

'Jeb and I are not just renewing an American tradition of bipartisanship. We're keeping up a family tradition as well,' Clinton said."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2417534/Hillary-Clinton-awarded-lifetime-achievement-medal-shares-stage-likely-presidential-rival-Jeb-Bush.html#ixzz4C7vmodT1

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:46 pm »
Trump says he needs money yesterday and today fires his campaign manager.  Oh boy, not even nominated yet and he's got MAJOR or in his vernacular, YUGE problems.  How's that for a candidate GOP delegates?  Do you still want him now?

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 06:01:48 am »
Trump says he needs money yesterday and today fires his campaign manager.  Oh boy, not even nominated yet and he's got MAJOR or in his vernacular, YUGE problems.  How's that for a candidate GOP delegates?  Do you still want him now?

Trump is like sausage ... you have to have faith in him.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 07:57:46 am »
Trump is like sausage ... you have to have faith in him.
Is that his natural casing, or is that artificial?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 08:23:46 am »

He's about to leave the campaign trail and go to Scotland. I think he's getting bored.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 08:49:58 am »
Trump meant he would fund himself through his campaign.

20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,212813.0.html

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 09:24:30 am »
Trump meant he would fund himself through his campaign.

20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,212813.0.html

He has a marketing department used to marketing the donald. I have little doubt he had social media assets in place from his reality teevee days, so why not spend his campaign funds on those departments and write off the double dip? Bidness, baby, it's Yuuuge!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 02:10:56 pm »
He has a marketing department used to marketing the donald. I have little doubt he had social media assets in place from his reality teevee days, so why not spend his campaign funds on those departments and write off the double dip? Bidness, baby, it's Yuuuge!
You laugh about it, but some, or all, of the Trump supporter here are going to defend this as good business...perhaps after they consult TOS where donors have been trained that their money should line the pocket of JimRob.

Offline verga

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
You laugh about it, but some, or all, of the Trump supporter here are going to defend this as good business...perhaps after they consult TOS where donors have been trained that their money should line the pocket of JimRob.
@Mechanios Just heard on the radio that Trump has about 1  million in the bank compared to sHrillary's 42 million. If he is so popular where is all the money?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2016, 07:55:36 pm »
@Mechanios Just heard on the radio that Trump has about 1  million in the bank compared to sHrillary's 42 million. If he is so popular where is all the money?

All spent on combovers.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 08:28:33 pm »
All spent on combovers.
Someone in the family is a cosmetologist?

C S Lewis