Author Topic: 20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says  (Read 5390 times)

Oceander

Generally when a campaign uses their own offices or assets, they are applied as donations as 'services in kind' for the value of the service. In other words, if Joe Smith uses his home office, he categorizes that as a donation to the campaign 'in kind'.

This isn't being done this way, this is actual cash disbursements to these entities and people (ie, himself) including paying himself a salary.

In other words, he's funneling campaign cash - real economic value, not just "taxable income" - back to himself.  Or at least back to companies with his name on them.  Perhaps it has to be done in cash and not in kind because Trump doesn't really own those companies or else has restrictions from creditors that prevent him from making in kind use.  That suggests he's a lot poorer than he keeps saying he is.  I guess his "wealth" is just one more "truthful hyperbole" he likes to tell other people.

It's a good thing he's not made of wood like Pinocchio, otherwise his nose would be long enough to be out there at the heliopause with the voyager spacecraft. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

In other words, he's funneling campaign cash - real economic value, not just "taxable income" - back to himself.  Or at least back to companies with his name on them.  Perhaps it has to be done in cash and not in kind because Trump doesn't really own those companies or else has restrictions from creditors that prevent him from making in kind use.  That suggests he's a lot poorer than he keeps saying he is.  I guess his "wealth" is just one more "truthful hyperbole" he likes to tell other people.

It's a good thing he's not made of wood like Pinocchio, otherwise his nose would be long enough to be out there at the heliopause with the voyager spacecraft.

Add money laundering to Trump's qualifications for fixing Washington.

Offline kevindavis007

If I did this, I would be in jail..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline thatcher

‏@mcuban

If @realDonaldTrump were fractionally as rich as he says he is,he would write a$200mm check to propel his campaign. He doesn't have the cash

8:46 AM - 21 Jun 2016

Keep poking at him, Mark --

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:59:41 pm by thatcher »

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
You really don't have a clue, do you?  :thud:  Taking campaign funds to enrich yourself is unethical and illegal, which on the surface this is what appears to be happening through his business enterprizes.  This is just one reason that trump cannot and will not be POTUS, he will pilfer taxpayer money at every opportunity...as he has done his entire life.

I've been saying for months, voting for stumpy is putting the fox in charge of a  $4 trillion henhouse.
Former Republican.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Something like this may be enough to trigger a petition to the RNC contest committee to challenge a candidate's qualification.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
This is penny ante stuff. If Trump really is going to hire the best, his first act as President will need to be to pardon and hire Bernie Madoff to run the treasury.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

LOL, so Trump does what any good Smart Businessman does uses his own instead of paying outsiders and you have NOTHING to attack him with over it. Its funny how you keep trying. What in your world is unethical for using your own stuff and following FEC donation rules on it?

Comparable example the lo-information people can get. Assume you own own a car. Instead of hiring taxis for your work you use your car for work and take the mileage deduction off your taxes for using it. Here Trump has resources that politicians would have to pay outside venders for such as office space, food, marketing, etc. Because of Campaign donation laws the Business are limited in how much they can "give" to him. So he pays them for the services they provide to the campaign.

The only thing this thread has shown is how clueless of real world some people are.

So what exactly is he "paying" Eric Trump Wine to do for him?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline jedidah

It appears to be quite an amazing scam Orange Glorious has assembled for himself.  Some end up in prison for that type of activity.

Would embezzlement of campaign funds disqualify a candidate?

Offline jedidah

I thought Trump said that he and his offspring don't drink.  Just make money off those who do??

geronl

$5,000 for... something... I dunno...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Generally when a campaign uses their own offices or assets, they are applied as donations as 'services in kind' for the value of the service. In other words, if Joe Smith uses his home office, he categorizes that as a donation to the campaign 'in kind'.

This isn't being done this way, this is actual cash disbursements to these entities and people (ie, himself) including paying himself a salary.

Paying himself to run for President? Unbelievable.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Paying himself to run for President? Unbelievable.
It beats working for a living.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
OK, I've been #NeverTrump for a while, but even so I'm kind of shocked at this level of brazen fraud going on... can we call him "Crooked Donald", yet?   **nononono*
Let it burn.

OK, I've been #NeverTrump for a while, but even so I'm kind of shocked at this level of brazen fraud going on... can we call him "Crooked Donald", yet?   **nononono*
We sure can! :beer:

Offline Mechanicos

You really don't have a clue, do you?  :thud:  Taking campaign funds to enrich yourself is unethical and illegal, which on the surface this is what appears to be happening through his business enterprizes.  This is just one reason that trump cannot and will not be POTUS, he will pilfer taxpayer money at every opportunity...as he has done his entire life.
Look up home businesses. Until you RATS (Republicans Against Trump) have something more all you are doing is smearing what very likely is a small business using a home office. Like I said Prove its a fictional company and not a small business operating out of a home office which would be in line with such a small amount. For all you know its a mail forwarding small business by a handicapped person. Really, this entire Hyperbole is because its a house. No evidence its fraud.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Until you RATS (Republicans Against Trump) have something more all you are doing is smearing what very likely is a small business using a home office.
Don't be a DICK (Democrats Impersonating Conservatives Knavishly )

Offline jedidah

Look up home businesses. Until you RATS (Republicans Against Trump) have something more all you are doing is smearing what very likely is a small business using a home office. Like I said Prove its a fictional company and not a small business operating out of a home office which would be in line with such a small amount. For all you know its a mail forwarding small business by a handicapped person. Really, this entire Hyperbole is because its a house. No evidence its fraud.

That explains it!  Trump Tower is just a home office!

: 8bs8

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

Not a mail forwarding business by a handicapped person.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-donald-trump-paying-a-fictional-ad-agency/

The payments to "Draper Sterling" were buried in Trump's FEC report for the month of May, which was released on Monday. The disclosure said the entity was headquartered in a suburban New Hampshire home owned by Jonathan Adkins, who also owns a political "data analytics" company called "Dynamic Solutions Systems."

Adkins is the co-founder of a medical device start-up alongside Paul Holzer, a former Navy SEAL who has worked in Massachusetts and Missouri for Republican candidates. Adkins and Holzer were also each payed $3,000 for "field consulting" by the Trump campaign in May, ThinkProgress notes, and Holzer listed his address as Adkins house, the same place where Draper Sterling is apparently headquartered.

And from there, according to ThinkProgress, the situation just gets stranger.

Draper Sterling's one other apparent mention in public documents surfaces in a May complaint against "Patriots For America," a federal super PAC involved in Missouri's gubernatorial race. According to the complaint, Patriots for America has a $56,234 debt to a "mysterious" group called "Draper Sterling, LLC," which the economics professor who filed the complaint characterized as "highly unusual" and possibly illegal.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-fec-filing-mysterious-details

The number listed by McLain for “Patriots For America” forwards to a voicemail for Grace’s Grantham Cafe, a New Hampshire coffee shop that, according to its website, was supposed to open on Memorial Day. Grace’s Grantham Cafe is registered to Jon Adkins, the same person who registered Draper Sterling.

When ThinkProgress called Grace’s Grantham Cafe directly on the number listed on its website, Adam McLain answered. (McLain’s super PAC filing says he lives Virginia.)

Asked about his connection to Draper Sterling and what services it provided to his super PAC, McLain said he had “no comment.” Asked whether Grace’s Grantham Cafe was a real cafe that has opened, McLain said he had “no comment.” Asked whether Paul Holzer was his brother, McLain also said he had “no comment.” McLain said he didn’t find the questions “relevant.” Neither Adkins or Holzer immediately returned inquires from ThinkProgress. An inquiry to the Trump campaign about what services Draper Sterling provided was also not immediately returned.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/21/what_is_draper_sterling_we_knocked_on_the_door_to_find_out.html
They certainly don't seem to be a home office. '

I drove to Draper Sterling on Tuesday to see what was going on at this plucky local advertising firm doing well-remunerated work for a national presidential campaign. The address took me down a winding residential street. Near the end of a dead-end road was a two-story home with a tidy yard. A little girl peeked out the window as I approached, and a woman who appeared to be in her 50s answered the door, opening it just a crack.

This was Sharon, Jon Adkins’ mother-in-law. “I don’t know what he does,” she told me. “All I do is I watch his kids.” That seemed unusual! My in-laws know what I do for a living, and they live in an entirely different state. “He’s in the medical field,” Sharon finally told me warily, eventually naming XenoTherapeutics, another company that Adkins and Holzer have been involved with. “I know that he does a lot of business out of Boston. Whatever he does, I don’t know.”

OK, yes, she went on, he’s done some kind of political work—she wouldn’t say what—but it was in Massachusetts, not New Hampshire. “I don’t get into politics, I don’t care about it, I don’t even think I’m going to vote this year because I don’t like either one,” she told me, repeating what seemed to be the most important point to her: “I don’t get into his business.” That was all she would say. “Go find Trump!” she advised me. Update, Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 3 p.m.: I also spoke with a garrulous, handsy German man who identified himself as Adkins’ father-in-law; when I asked him if he’d heard of Draper Sterling, he replied, “Yes,” but added, “I don’t know nothing.”
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:14:06 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »

Oceander

Don't be a DICK (Democrats Impersonating Conservatives Knavishly )

:bigsilly:

I'm stealing that one!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mechanicos.....edit your post or I will do it along with a suspension for you....{RATS}

@Mechanicos
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:57:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Questionably Unintelligent Expletive Eliminated Republicrats...

are just weird...

Offline Mechanicos

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/21/what_is_draper_sterling_we_knocked_on_the_door_to_find_out.html
They certainly don't seem to be a home office. '
A conservative mocks people who use far Left liberal Slate for anything. Same with Snopes, FactCheck anything from Soros WikiPedia and The Legacy Media.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

A conservative mocks people who use far Left liberal Slate for anything. Same with Snopes, FactCheck anything from Soros WikiPedia and The Legacy Media.
So you have proof the reporter that knocked on the door is lying because he works for Slate?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:21:54 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »