Author Topic: 20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says  (Read 5391 times)

Offline ScottinVA

Ron Nehring ‏@RonNehring  9h9 hours ago

Trump says he'll compete in CA.

He's getting in touch with his inner comedian.  :silly: :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly: :silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:

Offline LMAO

As always more nothing burger. Get a clue.

As a poster on FR once said(regarding Trump),  if you get enough of these  nothingburgers you'll end up with a  bar-b-que.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mechanicos

LOL, so Trump does what any good Smart Businessman does uses his own instead of paying outsiders and you have NOTHING to attack him with over it. Its funny how you keep trying. What in your world is unethical for using your own stuff and following FEC donation rules on it?

Comparable example the lo-information people can get. Assume you own own a car. Instead of hiring taxis for your work you use your car for work and take the mileage deduction off your taxes for using it. Here Trump has resources that politicians would have to pay outside venders for such as office space, food, marketing, etc. Because of Campaign donation laws the Business are limited in how much they can "give" to him. So he pays them for the services they provide to the campaign.

The only thing this thread has shown is how clueless of real world some people are.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline GrouchoTex

"I’ve come to the conclusion that Trump, while he may have delusions of grandeur of actually winning the election and becoming POTUS, his main motivation is to increase his fame and to line his and his family’s pockets."

Maybe that is why he met with the Clintons before he decided to run.

After all, they left the White house "broke" and are now worth 9 figures.
Maybe he wanted advice.
Perhaps, this was his intention all along, to make money at this.

This may all be legal, but it doesn't look ethical.

Offline LMAO

[quote author=Neverdul link=topic=212813.msg936495#msg936495 date=1466514626
And in truth, I am even more disgusted by Donald Trump than I am by Hillary Clinton.

I’ve long known what the Clintons are all about.

But Trump is supposedly now the standard bearer of the GOP and by extension of conservatism.  He’s supposedly the outsider, the non-insider, a man of the people, champion of the little guy and the grass roots, self-funding, populist, against crony capitalism candidate.  But how he manages or mismanages his campaign, proves to me that he is nothing of the sort.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Trump, while he may have delusions of grandeur of actually winning the election and becoming POTUS, his main motivation is to increase his fame and to line his and his family’s pockets.
[/quote]

:beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Silver Pines

Oh, but he isn't a crook or a con-man!

My God, to think that so many people fell for this shyster's line of BS...it boggles the mind. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
How about this doozy. $35K to a fictitious company.

DRAPER STERLING   18 CROSBY LN
LONDONDERRY, New Hampshire 03053    
   04/27/2016    WEB ADVERTISING [AMEX: SB23.599732]    5000.00    
   MEMO
   04/27/2016    WEB ADVERTISING [AMEX: SB23.599732]    10000.00    
   MEMO
   MEMO
   MEMO

Offline LMAO

Oh, but he isn't a crook or a con-man!

My God, to think that so many people fell for this shyster's line of BS...it boggles the mind.

And their commitment to him at this point is too deep for them to back out. That's why, even when shown his own words on any issue, they make you the issue or try to explain what he really meant to say but instead making it what they think he said or wish he said instead. They have convinced themselves that only Trump can save America despite zero evidence he can or will. When he met with the NRA to discuss the issue of people on the No Fly List not allowed to buy firearms without due process, many of his supporters believed that Trump would change his mind on that issue once he learned about what the No Fly List was. IOW, molding him into their personal perfect candidate.

Barry Goldwater

Silver Pines

Looks like someone was a "Mad Men" fan.

Offline andy58-in-nh

You were saying that under the right circumstances, a producer could make more money with a flop than he could with a hit : Max Bialystock - The Producers

Springtime for Trumpler.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

And their commitment to him at this point is too deep for them to back out. That's why, even when shown his own words on any issue, they make you the issue or try to explain what he really meant to say but instead making it what they think he said or wish he said instead. They have convinced themselves that only Trump can save America despite zero evidence he can or will. When he met with the NRA to discuss the issue of people on the No Fly List not allowed to buy firearms without due process, many of his supporters believed that Trump would change his mind on that issue once he learned about what the No Fly List was. IOW, molding him into their personal perfect candidate.

I agree.  Trump supporters have too much invested in him to admit they were wrong.  It should serve as a caution against backing a candidate out of emotion.

I was & still am a solid Cruz supporter, but there's a lot he could do that would make me drop him like a hot potato. 

Offline Mechanicos

I agree.  Trump supporters have too much invested in him to admit they were wrong.  It should serve as a caution against backing a candidate out of emotion.

I was & still am a solid Cruz supporter, but there's a lot he could do that would make me drop him like a hot potato.
We are not wrong. And Please the thread on facts supporting #neverTrump showed which side is the emotional ones.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Silver Pines

We are not wrong. And Please the thread on facts supporting #neverTrump showed which side is the emotional ones.

Keep telling yourself all of that, right up until the bitter end. 

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
LOL, so Trump does what any good Smart Businessman does uses his own instead of paying outsiders and you have NOTHING to attack him with over it. Its funny how you keep trying. What in your world is unethical for using your own stuff and following FEC donation rules on it?

Comparable example the lo-information people can get. Assume you own own a car. Instead of hiring taxis for your work you use your car for work and take the mileage deduction off your taxes for using it. Here Trump has resources that politicians would have to pay outside venders for such as office space, food, marketing, etc. Because of Campaign donation laws the Business are limited in how much they can "give" to him. So he pays them for the services they provide to the campaign.

The only thing this thread has shown is how clueless of real world some people are.

Trump’s businesses did not make any in-kind contributions to his campaign nor is there any proof that they were the “smart” or the most cost effective vendors.

There is nothing to say that the ½ million dollars paid to his Mar-a-Largo property for rent and catering services was less expensive than paying an outside vendor for a less expensive venue or that Mar-a-Largo provided services at any discount or savings to the campaign.

There is nothing that proves that TAG Air Inc., the holding company for his airplane, which had $3.7 million in revenue in the most recent reporting period — an amount that came largely from the campaign” was a bargain compared to that that could be provided by other airlines.

There is nothing that proves that the $4.7 million the campaign has spent on hats and T-shirts which has a tie to Trump - the provider, Ace Specialties, is owned by a board member (Christl Mahfouz) of son Eric Trump's charitable foundation” was the most cost effective vendor.  Was it the best or less expensive vendor or was/is there some sort of quid pro quo involved?

“Assume you own own a car. Instead of hiring taxis for your work you use your car for work and take the mileage deduction off your taxes for using it.”

This proves to me that you are the one who is absolutely clueless. Depending on the situation, if for a legitimate business use, taxi fares are a deductible business expense and sometimes a less expensive option than using one’s personal vehicle.

“Trump does what any good Smart Businessman does uses his own instead of paying outsiders”

FWIW, if Trump’s companies were publically traded public companies and subject to FCC rules, what he’s done, even if unrelated to campaign financing and disclosure rules, would be illegal.

When I worked in the Finance department of a publicly traded pharmaceutical company, the CEO wanted to hire a consulting firm to help with FDA applications and other compliance related issues. The problem was that the wife of the CEO was the senior partner and primary owner of this consulting firm. The BOD’s and our inside legal counsel put the squash on this because 1) no other vendors were considered nor was the job put out for a competitive bid, and 2) they were not the best nor the most cost effective vendor and 3) this was not an “arm’s length” transaction in that the CEO would personally profit from his wife’s profits in obtaining the contract as he was also a shareholder in his wife’s company.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline GrouchoTex

I am curious, how could this be?

Didn't Trump hire a finance director, a few weeks back,a guy that used to be a Goldman Sachs partner at one time?

Uh Oh....
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:12:27 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Address goes to the middle of the suburbs in New Hampshire. No commercial buildings anywhere near there.

I'm smelling fraud here.

Offline ABX

Address goes to the middle of the suburbs in New Hampshire. No commercial buildings anywhere near there.

I'm smelling fraud here.

Yep, here is the address on Google Street View.
https://goo.gl/maps/MnJn2Tas3UP2
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18-Crosby-Ln-Londonderry-NH-03053/113622595_zpid/

Here are potential owners.
http://www.spokeo.com/NH/Londonderry/18-Crosby-Ln

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:36:37 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm smelling fraud here.

I live about 15 miles away. That is a personal residence on a suburban street.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline thatcher

Am pretty sure this is also close to Lewandoski's residence. 

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:03:04 pm by thatcher »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Am pretty sure this is also close to Lewandoski's residence.  Sorry if this was already posted -- been reading too much the last couple of days -- a forensic audit is now being done on Cory's of the handling campaign finances.

Corey's either embezzling the Orange Menace or they're both in collusion.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:35:31 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You prove its not for services rendered to the campaign first. Until then this Democrat talking point for lo information people is done no matter how angry it makes you.

Well I'm damn angry!  Trump rents Mar-a-Largo for a half million a month and only has a little over a million in the bank and you think that is good business?  You have to be getting paid...nobody is honestly this dense.

Offline GrouchoTex

I don't think this one is going to go away soon.
This could be the final straw, but we've been here before.
The difference now, is that this isn't the primary anymore,and A LOT more people are watching.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Saving money? Those are facts not in evidence. 
Excellent post!

Offline ABX

Well I'm damn angry!  Trump rents Mar-a-Largo for a half million a month and only has a little over a million in the bank and you think that is good business?  You have to be getting paid...nobody is honestly this dense.

Generally when a campaign uses their own offices or assets, they are applied as donations as 'services in kind' for the value of the service. In other words, if Joe Smith uses his home office, he categorizes that as a donation to the campaign 'in kind'.

This isn't being done this way, this is actual cash disbursements to these entities and people (ie, himself) including paying himself a salary.