Author Topic: Ha Ha, Suckers, Part II: Trump Says He Never Meant Orlando Clubgoers Should Have Had Guns  (Read 2867 times)

Offline For-Q-Clinton

I felt badly for poor Stockdale, because it seems obvious that Perot used him, and set him up for what turned out to be a humiliating performance in that debate.

Kind of like how the Clintons are using Trump.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

But who cares? Reality morphs around Donald Trump to take on strange and fascinating new aspects! You thought he said something two days ago simply because he said it. But it wasn’t so. He never said it. And anyone who says he did say it is a hater and a loser.

Here’s the reality: sober people at Pulse should have had guns if they were able to carry by law. Trump could have said that. But he didn’t, because that would be intelligent. So instead he reversed himself. And he’ll reverse himself again when he hears about the blowback. But none of those will have been his real position until he declares it so.

Trump gets away with this, because it doesn't matter what Trump says to his supporters.  He could shoot a man on 5th ave and they would still defend him.

Trump is a cult leader.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Donald just isn't up on the Two Amendment.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline thatcher

Meanwhile when DT was getting squishy on the 2A -- real Republicans actually got the job done:

@ChadPergram

#BREAKING Senate fails to advance Murphy's plan to close gunshow loophole. Needed 60 yeas. Only got 44. Vote was 44 yeas to 56 nays

HonestJohn

Or the One Amendment, for that matter.

Offline RoosGirl

The 2nd amendment supporters common sense position here is if a public place takes away a free man's ability to defend themselves, they assume the responsibility for protecting their disarmed patrons. Its how it was for most of American history. The owners and staff were armed with a lock-up provided at the door for patrons to safely store weapons. Otherwise they let people be armed. But then Common Sense has no place in this thread it seems.

Listen, even if that were true, it has absolutely no bearing on this situation.  The state of Florida has told us we cannot carry concealed within an establishment that serves alcohol.  By your logic, the state should provide armed security at any venue where alcohol is served.

Silver Pines

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the entertainment.

Silver Pines

I truly think he's going senile, has Alzheimer's, or dementia.  I'm not being mean by saying it...I truly think so.  I've seen it in real life...and it's not pretty. He reminds me of Ross Perot's running mate...admiral stockdale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w3FgB0Ohc

@For-Q-Clinton

The thought has occurred to me, too, and more than once.  His father had Alzheimer's, after all, and there is a strong genetic connection.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

@For-Q-Clinton

The thought has occurred to me, too, and more than once.  His father had Alzheimer's, after all, and there is a strong genetic connection.

Hello CoA. I called this one months ago on TOS when it was apparent in debates and stump speeches that he repeated himself an inordinate amount of times and seemed to forget things
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Henry Noel

Kind of like how the Clintons are using Trump.

No doubt about it!
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Suppressed

I take it you do not know many security people.

Wrong again, as usual. I used to work in security.

Deterrence is a huge friend of security personnel, and an ankle holster doesn't help that.  The only time I wore just the ankle was for a high-class wedding reception, where they didn't want it obvious there was a security detail.

But you're right...an ignorant man like Trump might not realize such things.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:10:53 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Synthesist

"Trump Says He Never Meant Orlando Clubgoers Should Have Had Guns"

What an incredible lying SOB, it is obvious to any non-Trump Kool-Aid drinker that he was referring to the club patrons, not club personnel and/or security guards. How ridiculous is it now to attempt to backtrack and say that he meant something different than what he actually said. Only a fool would believe Trump now.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:45:21 am by Synthesist »
#BlueLivesMatter
#AllLivesMatter - especially the unborn...

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
@For-Q-Clinton

And stumpy IS old.
Former Republican.

Offline LMAO

The 2nd amendment supporters common sense position here is if a public place takes away a free man's ability to defend themselves, they assume the responsibility for protecting their disarmed patrons. Its how it was for most of American history. The owners and staff were armed with a lock-up provided at the door for patrons to safely store weapons. Otherwise they let people be armed. But then Common Sense has no place in this thread it seems.

I see a tough few months for you as you twist yourself into strange contortions defending every flip flop and ignorant statements coming from the Don's mouth.

This is typical of the Don. Deny you said what you said even though your words are there for all to see.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

I truly think he's going senile, has Alzheimer's, or dementia.  I'm not being mean by saying it...I truly think so.  I've seen it in real life...and it's not pretty. He reminds me of Ross Perot's running mate...admiral stockdale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w3FgB0Ohc

@libertybele @For-Q-Clinton

It's interesting to watch the video spammed to the boards by Trump supporters that show 30 years of Donald Trump.  It shows that he used to be able to form complete sentences, and that his mental faculties are deeply degraded.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

HonestJohn

@libertybele @For-Q-Clinton

It's interesting to watch the video spammed to the boards by Trump supporters that show 30 years of Donald Trump.  It shows that he used to be able to form complete sentences, and that his mental faculties are deeply degraded.

Honestly, I think he's just tailoring his speech to the level his supporters can understand.

Offline RoosGirl

Honestly, I think he's just tailoring his speech to the level his supporters can understand.

I think you're correct.  If you watch some of his town halls he's more articulate than at his rallies.  He still doesn't answer the questions he's asked, but he's at least not answering in mostly complete sentences.

Offline musiclady

:beer:    Well played!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

You kidding? To him (and to Hilarious Rodent Clinton, for that matter) the Constitution itself is probably just some old boat that comes out
now and then for some sort of celebration somewhere . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online GrouchoTex

Offline Suppressed

If you watch some of his town halls he's more articulate than at his rallies.  He still doesn't answer the questions he's asked, but he's at least not answering in mostly complete sentences.

@RoosGirl @HonestJohn

Thank you both for the insight.  I haven't watched his town halls.
+++++++++

HonestJohn

Offline EasyAce

I see your Dick and Jane and raise you a Yiddish with Dick and Jane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlO5vUS5KnU

Never a spit-take icon when you need one but you owe me a new monitor!  :silly:

Silver Pines

Hello CoA. I called this one months ago on TOS when it was apparent in debates and stump speeches that he repeated himself an inordinate amount of times and seemed to forget things

Hi, @Gov Bean Counter!  I think I remember you bringing it up over there.  What was the response---flying spit, lol?