Author Topic: Ha Ha, Suckers, Part II: Trump Says He Never Meant Orlando Clubgoers Should Have Had Guns  (Read 2861 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6735/ha-ha-suckers-part-ii-trump-says-he-never-meant-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

Ha Ha, Suckers, Part II: Trump Says He Never Meant Orlando Clubgoers Should Have Had Guns

BY: BEN SHAPIRO JUNE 20, 2016

Remember that time Donald Trump said at a campaign rally that he would save the Second Amendment?

Somebody should make sure he knows which amendment that is.

Last week, Trump said that he wanted to prevent people on the terror watch list from obtaining weapons without any show of evidence, in direct contravention of the National Rifle Association position on guns.

This week, he’s now saying that didn’t really mean that clubgoers at Pulse should have had guns at all to protect themselves from terrorists. He just meant security should have been armed.

This is false. Here’s what Trump said last week:

"If we had people with bullets going the opposite direction right smack between the eyes of this maniac – if some of those wonderful people had guns strapped right here, right to their waist or right to their ankle, and this son of a bitch comes out and starts shooting – and one of the people in that room happened to have it and goes “boom, boom,” you know what, that would have been a beautiful, beautiful sight, folks. That would have been a beautiful, beautiful sight."

Now he’s tweeting:

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

When I said that if, within the Orlando club, you had some people with guns, I was obviously talking about additional guards or employees

5:24 AM - 20 Jun 2016
  3,549 3,549 Retweets   12,052 12,052 likes

No, he wasn’t, obviously.

But who cares? Reality morphs around Donald Trump to take on strange and fascinating new aspects! You thought he said something two days ago simply because he said it. But it wasn’t so. He never said it. And anyone who says he did say it is a hater and a loser.

Here’s the reality: sober people at Pulse should have had guns if they were able to carry by law. Trump could have said that. But he didn’t, because that would be intelligent. So instead he reversed himself. And he’ll reverse himself again when he hears about the blowback. But none of those will have been his real position until he declares it so.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

Offline ScottinVA

http://www.dailywire.com/news/6735/ha-ha-suckers-part-ii-trump-says-he-never-meant-ben-shapiro?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=news&utm_campaign=twitterbenshapiro

Ha Ha, Suckers, Part II: Trump Says He Never Meant Orlando Clubgoers Should Have Had Guns

Here’s the reality: sober people at Pulse should have had guns if they were able to carry by law. Trump could have said that. But he didn’t, because that would be intelligent. So instead he reversed himself. And he’ll reverse himself again when he hears about the blowback. But none of those will have been his real position until he declares it so.

Well, remember he said he positions are "negotiable."  That is... he's a flip-flopping opportunist with no set of core values or beliefs beyond his own personal enrichment.  If he actually stuck to a conservative policy position on.. well.. ANYTHING, that'd be a beautiful, beautiful sight, I tell you.  A beautiful, beautiful sight.. believe me... believe me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:46:09 pm by ScottinVA »

geronl

Trump Daily Schedule includes 2 hours of "walking back what was said yesterday" right after breakfast

Offline libertybele

8888crybaby  Trump is either on the wrong kind of meds or he needs to be put on some.  I think he has additional issues going on other than narcissism.   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

"Now he’s tweeting:

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

When I said that if, within the Orlando club, you had some people with guns, I was obviously talking about additional guards or employees"

Obviously not.....

geronl

I wish I had Photoshop and Talent... because Trump is releasing a new country music album called WALKING BACK

Oceander

Offline Suppressed

As I said on a previous thread, I feel a bit bad for the Trump supporters, as they often have to contradict positions they were just yesterday supporting.  They need to "clarify" in the opposite durection, from day-to-day.

But then I think of how they're supporting the destruction of America and conservatism, and I don't feel so bad for them.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

As I said on a previous thread, I feel a bit bad for the Trump supporters, as they often have to contradict positions they were just yesterday supporting.  They need to "clarify" in the opposite durection, from day-to-day.

But then I think of how they're supporting the destruction of America and conservatism, and I don't feel so bad for them.

"supporting the destruction"

I believe the correct phrase is "Personally responsible for". Because without their stubborn refusal to accept the reality of Trump's life/history, Trump would be getting ready for a new TV show, not getting Clinton elected.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

They knew exactly where he stood on this and other issues. they just made a choice to look the other way or deny, deny, deny. They bought his current spin and should have expected, when you spin that much, you are going to end up spinning to right back where you started.

Offline Mechanicos

The 2nd amendment supporters common sense position here is if a public place takes away a free man's ability to defend themselves, they assume the responsibility for protecting their disarmed patrons. Its how it was for most of American history. The owners and staff were armed with a lock-up provided at the door for patrons to safely store weapons. Otherwise they let people be armed. But then Common Sense has no place in this thread it seems.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Norm Lenhart

The 2nd amendment supporters common sense position here is if a public place takes away a free man's ability to defend themselves, they assume the responsibility for protecting their disarmed patrons. Its how it was for most of American history. The owners and staff were armed with a lock-up provided at the door for patrons to safely store weapons. Otherwise they let people be armed. But then Common Sense has no place in this thread it seems.

Actually shill, you are wrong. Every word of that is complete fabrication. No institution, public or private can Constitutionally usurp the 2A and a free mans ability to defend themselves. Your fraud is anti gun, anti self defense and as such, Anti American.

Offline kjam22

" if some of those wonderful people had guns strapped right here, right to their waist or right to their ankle, and this son of a bitch comes out and starts shooting "

Trump is a moron.  Of course he meant security guards should have been there.    Everyone knows security guards keep that gun strapped to their ankle.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Suppressed

" if some of those wonderful people had guns strapped right here, right to their waist or right to their ankle, and this son of a bitch comes out and starts shooting "

Trump is a moron.  Of course he meant security guards should have been there.    Everyone knows security guards keep that gun strapped to their ankle.

He's a flat-out liar.

He was referring to patrons...as the ankle-holster comment proves (and you point out).

We can't trust him at all.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:59:48 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mechanicos

Actually shill, you are wrong. Every word of that is complete fabrication. No institution, public or private can Constitutionally usurp the 2A and a free mans ability to defend themselves. Your fraud is anti gun, anti self defense and as such, Anti American.
Hold on there oh emotional arguing one - the 2nd is a prohibition on Federal Government and incorporated to States Government via the 14th. It has no application to private, only government. You can ban people from outside carrying guns into your home. Same with your business. It then becomes liability issues. But there is no law making you allow people you do not trust armed in your home or business.  NOBODY is more pro 2nd than me.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Mechanicos

He's a flat-out liar.

He was referring to patrons...as the ankle-holster comment prices (and you point out).

We can't trust him at all.
I take it you do not know many security people.

Offline NavyCanDo

Wonder if we could send him a bill for the time we wasted last  week arguing for or against carrying in a bar?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline For-Q-Clinton

8888crybaby  Trump is either on the wrong kind of meds or he needs to be put on some.  I think he has additional issues going on other than narcissism.   :shrug:

I truly think he's going senile, has Alzheimer's, or dementia.  I'm not being mean by saying it...I truly think so.  I've seen it in real life...and it's not pretty. He reminds me of Ross Perot's running mate...admiral stockdale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1w3FgB0Ohc

Offline kjam22

I take it you do not know many security people.

Dude.... give it up.   You have to know when to just shut up and live to fight another day. 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Hold on there oh emotional arguing one - the 2nd is a prohibition on Federal Government and incorporated to States Government via the 14th. It has no application to private, only government. You can ban people from outside carrying guns into your home. Same with your business. It then becomes liability issues. But there is no law making you allow people you do not trust armed in your home or business.  NOBODY is more pro 2nd than me.

Clearly not shill. You back a gun grabber.

And have no clue that your fraud would have to use gun grabbing to enact his entire statement about Fla. Thats Govt.

Offline NavyCanDo

Good God in heaven, You finally post something I agree with, - that private businesses are within the law if they have a no weapons policy.     Shame Trump was so reckless with his bullets shooting the other way comments, now and when he said it after the Paris club massacre.   In neither case did he specify what he meant was paid professional security or off-duty officers. The way he said it could only be taken that he was talking about patrons of the bar. There is no other way to take it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline LottieDah

I truly think he's going senile, has Alzheimer's, or dementia.  I'm not being mean by saying it...I truly think so.  I've seen it in real life...and it's not pretty. He reminds me of Ross Perot's running mate...admiral stockdale.

Not only is Trump teetering on the brink of dementia he is suffering from a severe case of "affluenza".

Offline For-Q-Clinton

Not only is Trump teetering on the brink of dementia he is suffering from a severe case of "affluenza".
Funny!

Offline Henry Noel

I felt badly for poor Stockdale, because it seems obvious that Perot used him, and set him up for what turned out to be a humiliating performance in that debate.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!