Author Topic: Donald Trump Parts Ways With Corey Lewandowski, His Campaign Manager  (Read 7939 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/corey-lewandowski-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Donald Trump Parts Ways With Corey Lewandowski, His Campaign Manager

By MAGGIE HABERMANJUNE 20, 2016

Donald J. Trump is parting ways with his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, a move that comes as the presumptive Republican nominee faces challenges as he moves toward the general election.

“The Donald J. Trump Campaign for President, which has set a historic record in the Republican primary having received almost 14 million votes, has today announced that Corey Lewandowski will no longer be working with the campaign,” the campaign spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said in a statement. “The campaign is grateful to Corey for his hard work and dedication and we wish him the best in the future.”

Mr. Trump had faced increasing concerns from allies and donors, as well as his children, about the next phase of the campaign as he pivots toward a general election.

One person briefed on the moves, who asked not to be identified, said the campaign had long planned adjustments to the needs of a general election campaign.

Mr. Trump has recently seen his standing dropping in recent national polls, and is now facing a barrage of ads by Hillary Clinton and her allies.

The person briefed on the change said that the campaign is looking toward bringing the party together, including hiring new staff members and adjusting to the campaign’s needs for the race against Mrs. Clinton. And there had been a desire for many weeks to make changes ahead of the convention, July 18-21 in Cleveland, particularly since it became clear that Mr. Trump would be the nominee.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump Parts Ways With Corey Lewandowski, His Campaign Manager
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:27 pm »
The whacking begins.......

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:07:14 pm »
The whacky began a long time ago.  I guess it's too hard to have two nuts running the same campaign. 

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 02:11:57 pm »
I'm assuming this is part of Trump's 'go it alone' plan and 'adjusting' for the general election??  :silly: :silly: 

Perhaps he needs to take a quick course on foreign affairs, world government, American government, American history and the Constitution, keep his mouth shut instead of insulting people and quit with the "Trust Me" and "Believe Me" rhetoric as people continue to jump off the Trump train.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/us/politics/corey-lewandowski-donald-trump.html?smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Donald Trump Parts Ways With Corey Lewandowski, His Campaign Manager

Now we'll hear from the fanatics how Donald has taken the high road and rid himself of that TERRIBLE Corey guy that corrupted poor suffering Donald's right and just conservative campaign that he really really wanted to run...if not for evil Cory...

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 02:16:27 pm »
Now we'll hear from the fanatics how Donald has taken the high road and rid himself of that TERRIBLE Corey guy that corrupted poor suffering Donald's right and just conservative campaign that he really really wanted to run...if not for evil Cory...
Don't bet on it. This is the same group that still doesn't admit Corey grabbed Michelle Fields.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 02:16:47 pm »
Manafort must have laid down an ultimatum to Trump.  Either Lewandowski goes or he goes.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »

Yep, the spin is going to be mind-boggling.

With that said, Lewandowski is a thug and needed to go.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 02:19:51 pm »
Manafort must have laid down an ultimatum to Trump.  Either Lewandowski goes or he goes.

THIS.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 02:22:15 pm »

@Timber Rattler ,with all the bloviating we're sure to hear, we could set up a windmill and get some free energy out of it...

@Bunny Watson
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:23:23 pm by Bunny Watson »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 02:23:36 pm »
LOL!!

Michelle Fields
‏@MichelleFields

Hey @CLewandowski_ I hear @BreitbartNews is hiring

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 02:27:17 pm »

Ben Jacobs
‏@Bencjacobs

I just talked to a high ranking Trump source who had "no idea what was going on"

Inept and confused, it appears the Trump campaign might be imploding.  Guess that trip to Scotland might be off.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »
Still waiting for the pivot the general and for Trump to stop talking about himself. He is utterly undisciplined and off-message. Also, he needs to get better at reading remarks written by others on the teleprompter. He is awful at it and it is painful to watch.

I agree that Manafort and GOPe must have laid down the law to Trump. He has been even more of a disaster since the other candidates dropped out. He is flailing around and does not know how to conduct himself.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »
Too bad Trump won't fire himself, because that is the only way the GOP can gain the presidency and retain the senate in 2016.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:22 pm »
Don't bet on it. This is the same group that still doesn't admit Corey grabbed Michelle Fields.

You have to look to history. When the dictators of history revoked their favor, their former friends got erased from history. The Fanatics will praise trump and blame ANYONE but Trump. Cory makes an easy and 'natural' target to pile blame on.

Manafort will be next as the campaign goes further sideways.

When HE goes, he will be the NEW cause of Trump's woes because CLEARLY the Great One is beyond error.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »
You guys are missing the most important question: was the firing like a dog?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »
As usual the far left is spinning this as a bad thing. The article I posted shows what happened.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 02:40:54 pm »
You have to look to history. When the dictators of history revoked their favor, their former friends got erased from history. The Fanatics will praise trump and blame ANYONE but Trump. Cory makes an easy and 'natural' target to pile blame on.

Manafort will be next as the campaign goes further sideways.

When HE goes, he will be the NEW cause of Trump's woes because CLEARLY the Great One is beyond error.

I dunno.  I just took a peek over at TOS, and the pod people seem very perplexed and confused by this news.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »

Yup he's a disaster. I actually think he's more special snowflake then thug though. A thug has actual power. That idiot simply THOUGHT he had power. Which he now sees he doesn't.

ON THE OTHER HAND....

I would not be remotely shocked if Trump had him play billy badass on purpose and firing him was simply part of the Kabuki/mutually agreed upon plan so he could then offload blame and show the world how 'serious' he is now.

When you're talking about people this corrupt, there's no way to actually know the truth behind this bit of likely stagecraft. Donnie is a reality show star afterall.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 02:42:49 pm »
I dunno.  I just took a peek over at TOS, and the pod people seem very perplexed and confused by this news.

You have to give the hive mind a chance to find their new talking point. They'll buzz around for a bit searching for it, then once they've locked on to the new reality, all will be well again.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 02:43:02 pm »
As usual the far left is spinning this as a bad thing. The article I posted shows what happened.

So confusion, consternation, and disorganization are good things?

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 02:44:14 pm »

Let it burn.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 02:44:22 pm »

They need their opinion given to them. Give it a little bit to receive the Holy Writ from on high. I'd bet the dog that Ted Cruz is behind this fiendish plot ;)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 02:46:31 pm »

The article you posted says Manafort's been running things all along.

If that's true, and he's staying, Trump is in worse shape than we thought.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 02:52:00 pm »
They need their opinion given to them. Give it a little bit to receive the Holy Writ from on high. I'd bet the dog that Ted Cruz is behind this fiendish plot ;)

Certainly a double whammy...with Trump dumping on the 2nd Amendment and then their hero Lewandowski falling under the wheels of the Trump Train.  Adding to their woes was John Robinson himself, who signaled yesterday that doubt may be growing in the Robinson household too, about Trump and what they have done to their own forum.