Author Topic: Anti-Trump Delegates Allege Intimidation  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: Anti-Trump Delegates Allege Intimidation
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2016, 03:10:33 am »
Sometimes the truth is "a bit harsh."

The guy is calling delegates who exercise their freedom "traitors."

He has called those of us who can't in good conscience vote for a vulgar Democrat thug all kinds of nasty names.

He wants those of us who don't support Trump to shut up, and tries to bully us on a daily basis.

He doesn't value freedom, r9....... yours, mine, or the delegates following the rules of the Convention.

What's funny is that on another thread, another of the forum's strong Trump supporters called for the arrest, disarmament, detainment, interrogation and torture of all government employees who followed Obama's immigration orders because they should have followed their conscience, and not the orders of the Executive branch.

Here, a Trump supporter calls for punitive actions against grass root conservatives who are demanding to be allowed to follow their conscience..

I just wish they'd make up their damned minds.   
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

HonestJohn

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2016, 04:55:58 am »
What's funny is that on another thread, another of the forum's strong Trump supporters called for the arrest, disarmament, detainment, interrogation and torture of all government employees who followed Obama's immigration orders because they should have followed their conscience, and not the orders of the Executive branch.

Here, a Trump supporter calls for punitive actions against grass root conservatives who are demanding to be allowed to follow their conscience..

I just wish they'd make up their damned minds.

They have. 

They, by their own words, want to arrest, disarmament, detainment, interrogation and torture all who do not express sufficient fervor for their Dear Leader.

I think they'll need a few gulags, perhaps on an archipelago, to house those sentenced for crimes against the Trumpland.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2016, 06:31:22 am »

What's really, really funny is that if Trump had even a clue what a ground game was for, he wouldn't have left himself open to attack, because he would have vetted his delegates.  :silly: :silly: :silly:

The TEA Party rides again! Too bad Trump accused them of cheating and being GOPe... They're all insulted and spittin' mad... I'll bet he has no leverage with them at all.

Cursed Cruz! Foiled again!  :beer:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 07:15:50 am »

Wow! Where was this?

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 11:32:45 am »
Delegate

A person who is appointed, authorized, delegated, or commissioned to act in the place of another. Transfer of authority from one to another. A person to whom affairs are committed by another.

A person elected or appointed to be a member of a representative assembly. Usually spoken of one sent to a special or occasional assembly or convention. Person selected by a constituency and authorized to act for it at a party or state political convention.

As a verb, it means to transfer authority from one person to another; to empower one to perform a task in behalf of another, e.g., a landlord may delegate an agent to collect rents.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/delegate

Note nowhere in the legal definition of Delegate does it say a delegate has the authority to act against the principle.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 12:03:49 pm »
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,212308.msg933825.html#msg933825

It is customary @HonestJohn to ping the poster you're ridiculing. (Unless, of course, you've no interest in a truthful dialogue)

@DCPatriot

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:04:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 12:20:24 pm »
It is customary @HonestJohn to ping the poster you're ridiculing. (Unless, of course, you've no interest in a truthful dialogue)

@DCPatriot

That's funny coming from a Trump supporter
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2016, 12:21:41 pm »
Pinging is hardly a custom here, anyway, since it only recently was added to the forum. Must have been thinking of TOS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2016, 12:28:21 pm »
Delegate

A person who is appointed, authorized, delegated, or commissioned to act in the place of another. Transfer of authority from one to another. A person to whom affairs are committed by another.

A person elected or appointed to be a member of a representative assembly. Usually spoken of one sent to a special or occasional assembly or convention. Person selected by a constituency and authorized to act for it at a party or state political convention.

As a verb, it means to transfer authority from one person to another; to empower one to perform a task in behalf of another, e.g., a landlord may delegate an agent to collect rents.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/delegate

Note nowhere in the legal definition of Delegate does it say a delegate has the authority to act against the principle.

Facts have changed since Indiana.   Trump's had the chance to pivot toward the general election, and he's still fighting his "fellow" Republicans and spouting his stupid, divisive crap.

The delegates' respect for Trump's voters can be demonstrated by incorporating some of Trump's themes into the party platform.   The man himself must be rejected,  because if not Clinton's the next President.     
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:29:22 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2016, 01:05:13 pm »
Facts have changed since Indiana.   Trump's had the chance to pivot toward the general election, and he's still fighting his "fellow" Republicans and spouting his stupid, divisive crap.

The delegates' respect for Trump's voters can be demonstrated by incorporating some of Trump's themes into the party platform.   The man himself must be rejected,  because if not Clinton's the next President.     
Stealing the Nomination not only Guarantees Hillary as the next president it also destroys the Republican party. That's real world not the Myth of the RATS (Republicans Against Trump/DemocRATS)
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2016, 02:46:36 pm »
Pinging is hardly a custom here, anyway, since it only recently was added to the forum. Must have been thinking of TOS.

I've been away from TOS so long, and the "pinging" system so new here that I often forget to use it myself, even in friendly posts.

It's funny to see it called "customary" to someone who's been here a while too.  It just ain't so.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2016, 02:55:28 pm »
Stealing the Nomination not only Guarantees Hillary as the next president it also destroys the Republican party. That's real world not the Myth of the RATS (Republicans Against Trump/DemocRATS)
Nominee Trump guarantees President Hitlery...and when did you become adverse to destroying the Republican party?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:19 pm »
Nominee Trump guarantees President Hitlery...and when did you become adverse to destroying the Republican party?

I'm pretty sure that was their goal................ wasn't it??

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 03:17:40 pm »

When Trump decided to run for President as a Republican.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 05:06:32 pm »

When Trump suddenly realized he can't fundraise for shit and needs the party's ground game to have a snowballs chance of not being totally annihilated.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:22 pm »
The way this week is going, it could turn out that the only way the delegates would vote for Trump is by intimidation.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »
I've been away from TOS so long, and the "pinging" system so new here that I often forget to use it myself, even in friendly posts.
I never check to see whether I've been pinged. Don't care.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline r9etb

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2016, 05:44:16 pm »
The way this week is going, it could turn out that the only way the delegates would vote for Trump is by intimidation.

:silly:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2016, 06:45:48 pm »

You do know you have a 100 percent failure record on your predictions of who will win and who will lose so far correct?

HonestJohn

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 07:02:08 pm »

@DCPatriot

A link to the post in question is ridicule?  I wasn't copying the post's contents here, which deserves a ping.  I was just providing a link to the other thread.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 07:02:37 pm »
You do know you have a 100 percent failure record on your predictions of who will win and who will lose so far correct?
Well I didn't predict the GOP would lose it's freaking mind during the primaries (there were 16 credible candidates), but I did expect Hitlery to win her primary unless she got indicted.  Since the battle looks to be between Trump and Hitlery, I will eventually be right that Trump won't win.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »
I never check to see whether I've been pinged. Don't care.

I've started to use the ping system when I respond to a comment a while after it's been made.  If it's on a "live" thread, I don't bother usually.

As for checking......... almost never.  I guess I'll get into the habit of it, and I think it's a good thing, but usually I just check the threads I've been on and scroll up to see if anyone has quoted me.

But as for "customary"........... that's nonsense.