Author Topic: Neighbors had concerns about man living with 12 girls  (Read 213 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Neighbors had concerns about man living with 12 girls
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:51:19 pm »
Neighbors had concerns about man living with 12 girls

Some neighbors of the suburban Philadelphia man charged with sex crimes after police found him living with 12 girls say they long suspected something was wrong inside the "creepy" house with high weeds and boarded windows.

Jen Betz told 6abc.com that she saw the suspect, Lee Kaplan, 51, bring home a baby about six months ago. The Feasterville resident said she finally contacted authorities last week after seeing several young girls around the home, all in blue dresses and all looking scared and unhappy.

"I just wasn't gonna let go. I saw a couple girls last week standing in the driveway. They just looked unhappy and sad and again in the blue dresses," she told 6abc.com. "I've been telling my husband for years something isn't right, something isn't right."

Betz told philly.com that everything about Kaplan was "creepy" and that she called child welfare officials. They asked if she thought police should be sent to the home.

"I said 'absolutely,'" Betz explained. "Something needed to be done."

Police, acting on Betz's tip, went into the house Thursday and found Kaplan with the girls, ages 6 months to 18 years. The 18-year-old told authorities that she and Kaplan were the parents of a 3-year-old and the 6-month-old. Kaplan faces statutory sexual assault and other charges and is being held on $1 million bail.

Read More At: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/19/neighbors-had-concerns-man-living-12-girls/86114082/

Creepy story indeed, one wonders how it could have gone on for so long!

Picture of the accused at webpage.