Author Topic: Trump threatens to fund his own campaign  (Read 2365 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump threatens to fund his own campaign
« on: June 18, 2016, 10:40:58 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-threatens-to-fund-his-own-campaign/article/2594302#.V2W-Qt3qys0.twitter

John Siciliano
6/18/2016

Donald Trump Saturday threatened to fund his own campaign, saying the Republican Party is not doing enough to help him.

"If the Republican party acts like they don't wanna help, I'll fund my own campaign," Trump said during a rally in Las Vegas. "Right now I'm raising a lot of money for the GOP. I like doing it. But we have to have help." Trump said "life is like a two-way street," suggesting the GOP had to start sending help his way too. "Otherwise, I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Funding my own campaign. That's the easy way. Hopefully, we can continue to go the way we're going."

Trump funded much of his primary campaign with his own money, but he was planning to rely on outside funding for the general election. Some reports have indicated that Trump has not been enthusiastic about fundraising.

Trump said 70 percent more Republicans have voted in the primaries than in the last election because of him. In some states, he said it's up 102 percent from 4 years ago.

Trump said before, for the Republicans, "the ideas weren't right." Now he's changed that, he claimed. He said the GOP wasn't focused on the border and the budget.

"They have to focus on budgets instead of me."
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:42:46 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Trump threatens to fund his own campaign
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:35 pm »
Threaten, promise, potato, patahto

Offline kjam22

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:42 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-threatens-to-fund-his-own-campaign/article/2594302#.V2W-Qt3qys0.twitter

John Siciliano
6/18/2016

Donald Trump Saturday threatened to fund his own campaign, saying the Republican Party is not doing enough to help him.

"If the Republican party acts like they don't wanna help, I'll fund my own campaign," Trump said during a rally in Las Vegas. "Right now I'm raising a lot of money for the GOP. I like doing it. But we have to have help." Trump said "life is like a two-way street," suggesting the GOP had to start sending help his way too. "Otherwise, I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Funding my own campaign. That's the easy way. Hopefully, we can continue to go the way we're going."

Trump funded much of his primary campaign with his own money, but he was planning to rely on outside funding for the general election. Some reports have indicated that Trump has not been enthusiastic about fundraising.

Trump said 70 percent more Republicans have voted in the primaries than in the last election because of him. In some states, he said it's up 102 percent from 4 years ago.

Stay abreast of the latest developments from nation's capital and beyond with curated News Alerts from the Washington Examiner news desk and delivered to your inbox.

Trump said before, for the Republicans, "the ideas weren't right." Now he's changed that, he claimed. He said the GOP wasn't focused on the border and the budget.

"They have to focus on budgets instead of me."

King Trumpy the Orange told everyone when he started this endeavor that he was going to fund his campaign and not take money from donors.   I say keep your promise Trumpy......   We need all of the RNC money spent on keeping the senate and the house so they can try to stop she who's name cannot be said.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:45:03 pm »
Is this like Bart Simpson, with a gun to his head, threatening Homer?

What kind of leverage does Trump think he has with this kind of threat?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline thatcher

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:50:01 pm »

Good luck with that.

The drumbeat is working -- keep it up.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 10:52:21 pm »
This is funny.

If you don't buy me a candy bar, I'll buy one myself!!

um...

Then do it, jeesh

Offline kjam22

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:54:00 pm »
This is funny.

If you don't buy me a candy bar, I'll buy one myself!!

um...

Then do it, jeesh

He wants everyone to think that he is in control and winning the battle with the RNC.....  He's a moron.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 11:09:26 pm »
 888ohnoes

Please do, herr Drumpf.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 11:19:19 pm »

I thought the whole point about trump was he was not "Bought and Paid For". 

Maybe Scam Wow should put his money where his mouth is..... ohhhh trumps money is not as big as trumps mouth. Now I get it.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58:06 pm »

I thought the whole point about trump was he was not "Bought and Paid For". 

Maybe Scam Wow should put his money where his mouth is..... ohhhh trumps money is not as big as trumps mouth. Now I get it.

Exactly why he doesn't want to show his tax returns.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 12:20:01 am »

Yep, on tax returns.

Now about self funding.....Scam wow says he would spend whatever it took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD8bqaBSMrI
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 12:44:12 am »

He probably doesn't want anyone to know that he's broke and getting a huge payout from the Clintons.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline thatcher

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 01:01:07 am »
Kim Jong-Un and Putin sitting around having drinks -- "yeah, I like the way this is playing out..."

« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:07:58 am by thatcher »

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 08:02:00 am »
He probably doesn't want anyone to know that he's broke and getting a huge payout from the Clintons.

That "payout" would end up being in government contract's worth $Billions.  Donald ain't doing this for pennies, or mere $millions.

The fact that Trump is not raising at least half the money he needs for the Presidential campaign is evidence that there's no real support for him.  Whoever is answering these polls in Trump's favor, is NOT sending Trump checks.  That's very, very weird.   Unusual, as in, unheard of.   Sure, the big players raise the really big bucks, but Trump has STILL not raised what Cruz raised for the primary, and the vast majority of his support came in $10 and $25 amounts from his grassroots.  Trump has nothing like that.

NO MONEY = NO SUPPORT

Trump is an island.

Second, if one posit's that Trump's ego would not allow his campaign to ultimately flounder due to lack of funds, as I do, you'd expect him to pony up significant funds, at least $250M up front, just to secure media ad slots before Hillary blocks him out of prime time slots.   Then, another $250M a month until the GOP donors (either the big boys or regular voters) catch up.   

The fact that he has not done so, AND refuses to release his tax returns, tells me he's likely heavily leveraged.   He does not have the cash.  His assets are heavily leveraged, as in "junk bond" status.   He can't borrow against them.  If he sold a major asset to raise the cash, it would not return sufficient cash to make a difference, again, because his "assets" are hollow.

My guess is that he's one interest rate tick upwards from losing a lot of his paper "net worth".  Otherwise, he'd have pony'd up the cash by now, and he'd have placed his advertisement block orders.  (He's also have staffed campaign headquarters in every state and territory.)

Trump is an island, broke, and totally out of his element in running an election.  Something really bad is going to happen to disappoint Trump supporters, that's my guess.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 08:06:06 am »
That "payout" would end up being in government contract's worth $Billions.  Donald ain't doing this for pennies, or mere $millions.

The fact that Trump is not raising at least half the money he needs for the Presidential campaign is evidence that there's no real support for him.  Whoever is answering these polls in Trump's favor, is NOT sending Trump checks.  That's very, very weird.   Unusual, as in, unheard of.   Sure, the big players raise the really big bucks, but Trump has STILL not raised what Cruz raised for the primary, and the vast majority of his support came in $10 and $25 amounts from his grassroots.  Trump has nothing like that.

NO MONEY = NO SUPPORT

And if asking for $100k is an "emergency", that just sounds desperate. $100k is nothing in this game, if he is having that much problem raising even minimal amounts (maybe one full-page ad in NY Times or USA Today), then he is going to be getting crushed by November.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 08:09:02 am »

NO MONEY = NO SUPPORT

Trump is an island.

Second, if one posit's that Trump's ego would not allow his campaign to ultimately flounder due to lack of funds, as I do, you'd expect him to pony up significant funds, at least $250M up front, just to secure media ad slots before Hillary blocks him out of prime time slots.   Then, another $250M a month until the GOP donors (either the big boys or regular voters) catch up.   

The fact that he has not done so, AND refuses to release his tax returns, tells me he's likely heavily leveraged.   He does not have the cash.  His assets are heavily leveraged, as in "junk bond" status.   He can't borrow against them.  If he sold a major asset to raise the cash, it would not return sufficient cash to make a difference, again, because his "assets" are hollow.

My guess is that he's one interest rate tick upwards from losing a lot of his paper "net worth".  Otherwise, he'd have pony'd up the cash by now, and he'd have placed his advertisement block orders.  (He's also have staffed campaign headquarters in every state and territory.)

Trump is an island, broke, and totally out of his element in running an election.  Something really bad is going to happen to disappoint Trump supporters, that's my guess.

The alternative is he has no idea what he's doing.

And is too stupid to know any better.
Former Republican.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 08:24:50 am »
All hat and no cattle.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2016, 09:07:08 am »
All hat and no cattle.

You reminded me of an old Yorkshire saying, that describes Trump perfectly: "All mouth and trousers."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2016, 11:48:15 am »
What Trump is saying reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »
What Trump is saying reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I
Glad you found that clip. Exactly.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 05:41:54 pm »
Glad you found that clip. Exactly.

When I saw this headline this came to my mind.. However, the way Cleavon Little did it was funnier..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 05:44:19 pm »
Trump said 70 percent more Republicans have voted in the primaries than in the last election because of him. In some states, he said it's up 102 percent from 4 years ago."

Hey Don, those weren't Republicans.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 05:58:43 pm »
Hey Don, those weren't Republicans.
Probably the thirty million other illegals voting for him so they'd have a 75% chance of not being deported.

C S Lewis

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 10:56:39 pm »

I've wondered if his tax returns show that he's drawing social security.

geronl

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 11:08:54 pm »
I've wondered if his tax returns show that he's drawing social security.

I wonder if Medicare is covering his back hair transplants to his head....