Author Topic: Barry Goldwater's Widow Says He 'Would Be Appalled' by Trump as Dozens of GOP Delegates Launch New Push to Halt Candidate  (Read 2218 times)

RAT Patrol

Barry Goldwater's Widow Says He 'Would Be Appalled' by Trump as Dozens of GOP Delegates Launch New Push to Halt Candidate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/barry-goldwaters-widow-says-appalled-181506806.html

It seems Donald Trump can't count on the support of even long-deceased Republicans.
The billionaire businessman recently announced plans to fundraise at the former home of Barry Goldwater, the conservative icon who shook up the GOP when he ran for president in 1964. Trump's contentious presidential campaign has drawn comparisons to that of the late Arizona senator. But Goldwater's widow, Susan Goldwater Levine, told The Washington Post on Thursday that the comparisons – and Trump's fundraiser – are anything but welcome.

"Ugh or yuck is my response," Levine said. "I think Barry would be appalled that his home was being used for that purpose. Barry would be appalled by Mr. Trump's behavior – the unintelligent and unfiltered and crude communications style. And he's shallow – so, so shallow."
She added that her husband was a "humanist" who had respect for all people and said of Trump's candidacy, "I can't believe we are doing this as a country. Barry was so true to his convictions and would never be issuing these shallow, crude, accusatory criticisms of the other party or the other person."

Continues at link.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 04:12:37 pm by RAT Patrol »

Online mountaineer

Found this interesting tidbit at the Wikipedia entry on Barry Goldwater:
Goldwater did not have ties to the Ku Klux Klan (KKK), but was publicly endorsed by members of the organization.[38][39] Lyndon Johnson exploited this association during the elections,[40][41][42] but Goldwater barred the KKK from supporting him and denounced them.[43]
At least one thing in common with the current campaign, perhaps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mechanicos

That is interesting.  Why doesn't the KKK just go away already.  Who in their right mind decides to join something like that?
An interesting side note but since Obama has been in the KKK has grown quite a bit.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline sinkspur

An interesting side note but since Obama has been in the KKK has grown quite a bit.

Racist be racist.  It's what they do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Mechanicos

Racist be racist.  It's what they do.
Ku Klux Klan Endorses Obama
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-88116

Nothing is more racist then a liberal.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Barry was not a reliable voice for conservatives his last term or so in office.  Meet the reason why.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

That is interesting.  Why doesn't the KKK just go away already.  Who in their right mind decides to join something like that?
They like the cool costumes?  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Ku Klux Klan Endorses Obama
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-88116

Nothing is more racist then a liberal.

In 2011, a recurring hoax concerning the IKA endorsing Barack Obama was once again exposed as a farce based on a parody website's humorous reporting.[3] In fact, in 2008, Ron Edwards was quoted as supporting John McCain.[4]

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kkk.asp

:whistle:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Mechanicos

In 2011, a recurring hoax concerning the IKA endorsing Barack Obama was once again exposed as a farce based on a parody website's humorous reporting.[3] In fact, in 2008, Ron Edwards was quoted as supporting John McCain.[4]

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kkk.asp

:whistle:
Snopes is a Liberal fake authority. Nobody on the right with a brain falls for their garbage, nor Obama's fact check nor any other Marxist disinformation source so try again.

22. Manufacture a new truth. Create your own expert(s), group(s), author(s), leader(s) or influence existing ones willing to forge new ground via scientific, investigative, or social research or testimony which concludes favorably. In this way, if you must actually address issues, you can do so authoritatively.

http://whale.to/m/disin.html

Offline thatcher

Barry would have kicked him to the curb.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline Mechanicos

Barry would have kicked him to the curb.
I knew Barry Goldwater personally, he was often a guest in my parents house growing up. had lunch with him shortly before his death. He would have supported Trump because he loved America.

Offline Mechanicos

:chairbang: :silly: :silly: :silly: You have to be kidding me or is your post a parody also?  There is not a single sane person that believes the KKK endorsed Obama. It was a hoax, actually I think it started on one of the parody sites that have fun with candidates but obviously isn't true. 

You posted Nobody on the right with a brain falls for their garbage which is why I guess you fell for an obvious hoax, well obvious to most anyone.  :silly: :silly:
Bottom line, Real conservatives do not cite Snopes, FactCheck, etc. Liberals do.

Offline thatcher

I knew Barry Goldwater personally, he was often a guest in my parents house growing up. had lunch with him shortly before his death. He would have supported Trump because he loved America.

So your parents are the only friends Barry had -- got it.