Author Topic: Report: RNC's Priebus in Quiet Talks to Stop New 'Dump Trump' Effort  (Read 341 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=734468

Newsmax
Report: RNC's Priebus in Quiet Talks to Stop New 'Dump Trump' Effort
Friday, June 17, 2016 06:50 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus has been quietly talking with state party leaders to stop plans by delegates to nominate someone other than Donald Trump at next month's convention in Cleveland.

However, Sean Spicer, the committee's chief strategist and communications director, denied such a report by CNN.

"This is not an accurate understanding of what's happening," Spicer told the cable network. "Lots of people have conversations and ask questions of the chairman."

According to CNN, two sources said that Priebus had spoken with chairmen in "multiple states" this week to gauge anti-Trump sentiment among delegates.

Priebus has told the party chairmen that he was not behind any efforts to stop a "dump Trump" effort, the sources told CNN.

In the current effort, anti-Trump supporters hope to push the RNC's rules committee to change the guidelines governing the convention to create an opportunity for another candidate, according to the report.

more
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

The dogs don't want the dog food.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not going to happen Reince!  Get ready!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien