Author Topic: RNC official: Trying to block Trump nomination ‘silly’  (Read 1022 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RNC official: Trying to block Trump nomination ‘silly’
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:13:28 am »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283988-rnc-official-trying-to-block-trump-nomination-silly

June 17, 2016, 07:12 pm

By Mark Hensch

A top Republican National Committee (RNC) official says there is no credible coup forming against Donald Trump at the convention.

“Donald Trump bested 16 highly qualified candidates and received more primary votes than any candidate in Republican Party history,” RNC Communications Director Sean Spicer said in a statement Friday.

“All of the discussion about the RNC rules Committee acting to undermine the presumptive nominee is silly,” added Spicer, also the RNC’s chief strategist.

"There is no organized effort, strategy or leader of this so-called movement. It is nothing more than a media creation and a series of tweets.”

The Trump campaign's RNC liaison also discounted the talk of a convention upset on Twitter.

Ed Brookover @EdBrookover

These 'Stop Trump' convention stories are best pieces of predictive journalism since the post WI stories about Trump will never reach 1237
7:48 PM - 17 Jun 2016

Reports emerged earlier Friday at least 30 delegates are mounting a longshot attempt at denying Trump the GOP presidential nomination.

The delegates allegedly hope they can alter party rules and stop Trump from becoming their party’s standard-bearer at next month’s Republican National Convention.

Party rules state the majority of Trump’s delegates are bound to vote for him on the convention floor in Cleveland. Any successful coup would require liberating delegates from their commitments in direct violation of current guidelines.

“This literally is an ‘Anybody but Trump’ movement,” Colorado Republican delegate Kendal Unruh, the campaign’s leader, told The Washington Post Friday.

“Nobody has any idea who is going to step in and be the nominee, but we’re not worried about that. We’re just doing that job to make sure that he’s not the face of our party.”

Discontent delegates essentially have two avenues for keeping Trump from clinching the Republican mantle.

One is voting to change the rule so delegates are unbound altogether, and another involves inserting a “conscience clause” in the present rules.

The latter change would let delegates break their pledges based on personal conscience. Neither strategy has gained a critical mass from potential participants.

Trump’s blunt rhetoric and political inexperience has establishment Republicans fearing he may help Hillary Clinton win the White House.

Clinton leads Trump by nearly 6 points nationwide, according to the latest RealClearPolitics average of polls.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: RNC official: Trying to block Trump nomination ‘silly’
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 02:08:33 am »

Yup.  June 17, 2016:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:11:23 am »
Yup.  June 17, 2016:

In a state he will win anyway.  When is Trump going to a battleground state?

When is he actually going to make an effort to win this election instead of parading around, bathing in adulating crowds?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 02:17:51 am »
In a state he will win anyway.  When is Trump going to a battleground state?

When is he actually going to make an effort to win this election instead of parading around, bathing in adulating crowds? 

Well, I'm LOL here.  But, I'll contain myself long enough to tell you that Trump's in Texas attending fundraisers (a necessary evil).  But he agreed to do that only if he could also rally with the troops.

That's smart leadership from a man who's going to win---because he understands that it's the people who will vote in November.

I wish I could tell you how often you make me laugh out loud, Sink.  It's one of the reasons I simply adore you.   :beer:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:20:53 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:32:49 am »
Well, I'm LOL here.  But, I'll contain myself long enough to tell you that Trump's in Texas attending fundraisers (a necessary evil).  But he agreed to do that only if he could also rally with the troops.

That's smart leadership from a man who's going to win---because he understands that it's the people who will vote in November.

I wish I could tell you how often you make me laugh out loud, Sink.  It's one of the reasons I simply adore you.   :beer:

According to onsite reports, Trump said "F free trade." Gotta love that Donald.  A man of the people with that "F" word.

Why is he rallying in Texas?  Narcissists love attention, and he loves to make people stand outside in the heat to see his Orange ass.

OF course, THEY are the dopes.

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 02:33:26 am »
So I guess all those grumbling delegates are lying?

Way to go RNC...   :thud:
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:59 am »
Who would want to block this briliance?

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 02:38:03 am »

/snicker

Offline thatcher

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 03:07:06 am »

The RNC can't do anything about it -- the delegates -- the people who are elected -- are in control.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:10:17 am by thatcher »

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 11:10:35 am »

Way to go RNC...   :thud:

The media is creating the story ..... again.