Author Topic: Trump defends poll performance: 'I haven't started yet'  (Read 840 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump defends poll performance: 'I haven't started yet'
« on: June 17, 2016, 08:13:13 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/283927-trump-defends-poll-performance-i-havent-started-yet

June 17, 2016, 02:15 pm
Trump defends poll performance: 'I haven't started yet'

By Jessie Hellmann

Donald Trump, who often boasts about leading in the polls at his campaign rallies, acknowledged he has seen drops in support lately, but insists he still has time to turn things around before the general election.

"I'm four down in one poll, three and a half in another that just came out, and I haven't started yet," the presumptive GOP presidential nominee said to The New York Times.

Likely general election rival Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic nominee, has bested Trump in every national poll throughout June, topping him by 3 to 12 percentage points, depending on the survey.

A Reuters poll released Thursday gave Clinton a 9-point advantage over Trump.

In a RealClearPolitics average of polls, Clinton leads Trump by 5.8 percentage points.

Trump also dismissed concerns from some Republicans that his sitting at the top of the ballot will hurt their election bids in November.

"I have tremendous Republican support," Trump said. "Unfortunately, they never talk about that. They talk about the few rebels."

The billionaire said he isn't to blame for senators who are lagging in polls, suggesting they had troubles before he became the standard-bearer.

"I think I'm going to help," he said. "If they lose, they'll pin it on Donald Trump. But I don't let that happen easily."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

Re: Trump defends poll performance: 'I haven't started yet'
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 03:46:15 am »
The fact Trump hasn't yet "started" may be why his deficit average isn't 20+%.

Trump and the Republicans will be flayed in November, which is a shame, considering the array of talent that was available in the Republican field.  Until Trump bellowed his way onto the stage, this was a winnable race.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:48:53 am by ScottinVA »

Offline thatcher

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:48:28 am »

Dude -- you've been the presumptive nominee since Indiana -- get with the program.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 03:49:04 am »

Trump and the Republicans will be flayed in November, which is a shame, considering the array of talent that was available in the Republican field.  This was a winnable race.

The Donnys excuses are as ludicrous as his claims! 

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 03:52:40 am »
Dude -- you've been the presumptive nominee since Indiana -- get with the program.

his good cop bad cop...plan is clearly working to his advantage!  Pretend you're a serious candidate...make outrageous statements that most people eventually tire of and can see through.....lose your lead!

This clown doesn't want to be President he wants to help out whichever candidate the deomwacks  field...c;inton BIDEN or Wild Billy Di Blasio win the contest!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 03:56:24 am »

This clown doesn't want to be President he wants to help out whichever candidate the deomwacks  field...c;inton BIDEN or Wild Billy Di Blasio win the contest!

I agree.  Curious where he and Hillary will jointly celebrate Hillary's landslide victory.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 03:57:29 am »

Yes, please.  Spend more money that you don't have and then let the republicans replace you with someone decent at the convention.  I wouldn't normally wish that on someone, but after all the dingdang lies he pretty much deserves it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 05:38:45 am »

Trump and the Republicans will be flayed in November, which is a shame, considering the array of talent that was available in the Republican field.  Until Trump bellowed his way onto the stage, this was a winnable race.

Yes, wait till he really gets going.  Oh, yeah, this was the absolute perfect opportunity for a Republican takeover.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 06:37:27 am »
I agree.  Curious where he and Hillary will jointly celebrate Hillary's landslide victory.

Trump is the presumptuous nominee