Author Topic: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump  (Read 15745 times)

geronl

Re: Limbaugh: Trump supporters 'getting nervous' #DonaldTrump
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2016, 01:47:34 am »
Why are "conservatives" letting Limbaugh off the hook so easily? No one else propped up the orange menace more than the moron behind the mike. He never would have gotten anywhere without Limbaugh's blessing? Rush knew Trump was a poison turd and he more than anybody IMO could have stopped him. He choose to play neutral. Now he gets to look like a stuttering moron after Hillary wins. Yet another failed prediction from El Rushbo.

Rush Limbaugh lost all credibility with me. He can never again pretend to be standing up for conservative principles IMO. He has tossed them in the trash.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 02:06:06 am »
Rush Limbaugh lost all credibility with me. He can never again pretend to be standing up for conservative principles IMO. He has tossed them in the trash.

I gotta say...I pretty much feel the same way.   That barking fool Hannity too.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 02:10:43 am »
I gotta say...I pretty much feel the same way.   That barking fool Hannity too.

Hannity, Limbaugh, Kelley have all sided with Trump.  Beck, O'Reilly and Levine are the most conservative and seemed to have stayed more true to the conservative movement.  The three have been seen as the most radical but they've been right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sitetest

• #NeverEVERtrump. #Neverhitlery
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:30 am »
I figure they all want to be stumpy's press secretary.
Former Republican.

geronl

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2016, 02:24:03 am »
Hannity, Limbaugh, Kelley have all sided with Trump.  Beck, O'Reilly and Levine are the most conservative and seemed to have stayed more true to the conservative movement.  The three have been seen as the most radical but they've been right.

I would not have included Bill O'Really on that list, personally

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:38 am »
Rush would get some mean remarks no matter how he played it, you listen to some Trump supporters, they say Rush spoke bad of Trump.

I think Rush did okay and Rush endorsed Cruz.

geronl

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:31 am »

Not really. He did everything he could to help Trump. He spent 3 hours explaining away the 5-way, 24-hour flip- flop on abortion for instance.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2016, 02:37:52 am »

Beck, snicker; No, actually this may be correct but Beck made such outrageous statements and not taken out of context,  I recognized such when I listened to him.

Anyway, all of these people get it no matter how they act. Levine is too much of a Neo-Con for me.

geronl

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2016, 02:38:47 am »

Limbaugh specifically told listeners to vote for Trump in the Florida and Missouri primaries.

I stopped caring about anything he said after that.

Offline unknown

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2016, 02:55:13 am »
Hillary is a survivable event, like a nuclear strike on one or two cities.  Horrific but ultimately survivable.

:facepalm:

HARDLY!!

Hillary will utterly and completely finish this country. It WILL be all over!!

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2016, 03:09:10 am »
I was for Kasich

John Kasich is a GOPe, RINO, liberal....    :3:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 07:28:58 pm by unknown »

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2016, 03:10:14 am »
Now you're just making **** up.

Trump's conversation level is even dumber than your typical politician. Wasn't it rated at something around a third-grade level?

Trump's conversation level is more like a 4th grader, which explains some of his supporters...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline unknown

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2016, 03:14:08 am »
And the difference between JEB and Bubbette! is that she relies on battery power.

When it comes to policy,the only difference is whose bank accounts get the loot.

Very good!

:hands:

Offline unknown

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2016, 03:15:56 am »
Yet another failed prediction from El Rushbo.

What prediction was that?

Offline OldSaltUSN

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2016, 08:39:18 am »
I'm cool with Limbaugh.  He's been consistent.  He avoids taking sides on the GOP primary, and I don't believe he did.  People have heard what they wanted to hear, and in this volatile mess, he's getting burned from conservatives coming from all sides.

It's just like the Trumpkins going all Alinsky on National Review and Town Hall for opposing Trump, and as conservative writers on NR stated their principled reasons.  I'm sorry, but I'm not trashing every conservative who ever lived, just because they have an intellectual objection to the god who must be THE DONALD.

Limbaugh is just reverting to form.  He's supporting the GOP candidate, even if he has to upchuck occasionally to reestablish his equilibrium.   Rush IS correct in that the GOP will not win if we eat our own, which is what is happening.   However, I disagree with Rush on cause and effect, as well as in his support for Trump. 

You can't toss Rush in with Palin and the others, and be intellectually honest.  Rush has been basically honest and consistent.

Now, Sean Hannity was a flat-out liar.  I watched it with my own eyes.  I heard it with my own eyes.  He went pro-Trump and used his influence as "fair and balanced" and his show to destroy Cruz in favor of Trump.  Sean claimed to be "fair" to all nominee, yet he did no such thing.  He knows damn well he biased both his guest selection lists and his interviews FOR Trump and AGAINST Cruz.   I also noticed that the New Yorkers (and Jersy folks) almost all supported Trump as a favorite son kind of thing.  I think that those folks saw nothing wrong with Trump using the rhetoric he did and the lies he told to win.  That's how New Yorker's win, and New Yorkers ultimately hang together to win, regardless of principles.  You saw that with Giuliani, Judge Jeanie, and others.   Of course, Fox is as bad as CNN ever was when Fox was first launched.  Man, Tony Snow and Brit Hume would have never tolerated Fox News coverage back in the old days.  (The only reason I can think of that Hume hasn't left, is that he must have a significant financial stake in Fox News, which is how Ailes brought him on board when the network started up.  Hume gave the new network bona fides.)

Fine Sean, go support and vote for your man.  You're dead to me now, as is Fox News.  I'll never flip the channel for Fox News or log on to Drudge, since they used the influence and power CONSERVATIVES GAVE THEM, to support the progressive Trump.  We trusted these guys to be unbiased, and they've betrayed that trust (Drudge is a repeat offender).  I hope these media sources die quickly.   

However, Rush is still cool by me, because he hasn't lied to me.  I don't listen to him anymore, because he's pro-Trump, but I'm not a Rush hater.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:45:20 am by OldSaltUSN »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2016, 09:21:17 am »
I'm cool with Limbaugh.  He's been consistent.  He avoids taking sides on the GOP primary, and I don't believe he did.  People have heard what they wanted to hear, and in this volatile mess, he's getting burned from conservatives coming from all sides.

Rush is by his own words, an entertainer. He says many things we want to hear to keep us entertained. I think he believes many of them and I think he is more conservative than not most times.

But he said it. I didn't. He is an entertainer.

Back when Pelosi took the gavel he was on his show admitting his remorse over carrying GOP water. Again, his words. He has OFTEN told his listeners who he is and what he is about.

Factually, Rush AND EVERY OTHER talking head votes GOP no matter what. They do not vote conservative. They vote for who and whatever the GOP brings to the dance...who THE VOTERS brought to the dance.

I do not remotely blame these 'conservative media" types for milking their audiences dry. They are very open in their words and actions. They spout 'conservatism' every day until, the one day that actually matters. Election day. Then 1.9/3.9 years of "CONSERVATIVE OR DIE!" rethoric becomes "Well, this time we gotta...BUT NEXT TIME we will stick to our guns  because THIS TIME is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER!!!"

Rinse and repeat every election.

Yes. Their audience deserves to be milked dry. If they havent learned by now, they never will.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:22:44 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2016, 12:15:00 pm »
Not really. He did everything he could to help Trump. He spent 3 hours explaining away the 5-way, 24-hour flip- flop on abortion for instance.

Yup! He did a lot of explaining away for other stuff too.

• Technical
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2016, 12:20:42 pm »
I've been listening to Beck each morning. Problem is he comes on after I am in the office. He gets a little "out there" but otherwise I feel like I see eye to eye on him, same thoughts, etc. Surprising, because I never liked Beck previously.

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2016, 12:23:57 pm »

It's just like the Trumpkins going all Alinsky on National Review and Town Hall for opposing Trump, and as conservative writers on NR stated their principled reasons.  I'm sorry, but I'm not trashing every conservative who ever lived, just because they have an intellectual objection to the god who must be THE DONALD.

Limbaugh is just reverting to form.  He's supporting the GOP candidate, even if he has to upchuck occasionally to reestablish his equilibrium.   Rush IS correct in that the GOP will not win if we eat our own, which is what is happening.   However, I disagree with Rush on cause and effect, as well as in his support for Trump. 

You can't toss Rush in with Palin and the others, and be intellectually honest.  Rush has been basically honest and consistent.

Now, Sean Hannity was a flat-out liar.  I watched it with my own eyes.  I heard it with my own eyes.  He went pro-Trump and used his influence as "fair and balanced" and his show to destroy Cruz in favor of Trump.  Sean claimed to be "fair" to all nominee, yet he did no such thing.  He knows damn well he biased both his guest selection lists and his interviews FOR Trump and AGAINST Cruz.   I also noticed that the New Yorkers (and Jersy folks) almost all supported Trump as a favorite son kind of thing.  I think that those folks saw nothing wrong with Trump using the rhetoric he did and the lies he told to win.  That's how New Yorker's win, and New Yorkers ultimately hang together to win, regardless of principles.  You saw that with Giuliani, Judge Jeanie, and others.   Of course, Fox is as bad as CNN ever was when Fox was first launched.  Man, Tony Snow and Brit Hume would have never tolerated Fox News coverage back in the old days.  (The only reason I can think of that Hume hasn't left, is that he must have a significant financial stake in Fox News, which is how Ailes brought him on board when the network started up.  Hume gave the new network bona fides.)

Fine Sean, go support and vote for your man.  You're dead to me now, as is Fox News.  I'll never flip the channel for Fox News or log on to Drudge, since they used the influence and power CONSERVATIVES GAVE THEM, to support the progressive Trump.  We trusted these guys to be unbiased, and they've betrayed that trust (Drudge is a repeat offender).  I hope these media sources die quickly.   

However, Rush is still cool by me, because he hasn't lied to me.  I don't listen to him anymore, because he's pro-Trump, but I'm not a Rush hater.

Remember Drudge had some sort of tape that would have ended Obama's political career in 2012 (according to Drudge himself)? Well, I am still waiting for that tape. They had a tape of Obama speaking somewhat "blacK" that was absolutely a "nothingburger".

A lot of conservative media are carnival barkers, along with the ringleader barker himself, the Orange Menace.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »
I disagree.  The people on TOS despised Limbaugh with very little reason.  He was more than fair to Trump but his sin was that he didn't worship Trump, he preferred Cruz and he occasionally criticized Trump.

The problem for Rush and all the tepid Trump tolerators was the trumpers.  They are so fanatic and their devotion and so relentless in their support of Trump and vilifying of all who said anything mildly critical...they seemed like a bigger and more powerful group of people than they actually are.  We are finding that out now.
Yes, Limbaugh knew the score on Trump. He even praised Cruz (and Rubio) as being real conservatives.  He said Trump was not a conservative.
But he failed to mention any of the many anti-conservative things Trump has done and said over the decades. Any other candidate like Trump would have been destroyed by Rush.
So why did he give Trump a free pass?
I think (1) he's a buddy of Trump and (2) he thought he'd lose a very large share of his audience by slamming Trump.
His defense of Trump (like Hannity and the other Trump a**-kissers) usually amounts to attacking Hillary or other Dems as doing worse things than Trump. Gee whiz, what a great defense and argument for voting for Trump. Not.
So why I still listen to Limbaugh out of habit I've lost a lot of respect for him. And the rest of the Trump talk radio  a**-kissing clique.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:13:06 pm by goatprairie »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2016, 12:53:18 pm »
The country has moved left center;

Cry about why your candidate didn't win instead of blaming Rush, Rush wasn't running for President, no Rush couldn't have destroyed Trump.    8888crybaby

Cruz is conservative but basically he sounds like Rush and has accomplished very little in the legislature except costing the tax payer a lot of dollars by the farce shutdown of the government.

I'm going to be against Hillary. Sanger award winner from Planned Parenthood.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:55:52 pm by TomSea »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2016, 12:56:52 pm »
Rush would get some mean remarks no matter how he played it, you listen to some Trump supporters, they say Rush spoke bad of Trump.

Since about one year ago when Trump declared for the presidency I've been listening to Limbaugh and waiting for him to mount an attack on Trump. It never happened. He ignored or excused virtually every one of Trump's sins against conservatism.
When a few weeks ago some caller asked Rush if Trump's name-calling and slander of his opponents might have something to do with certain people in the Republican Party not liking Trump, Rush dismissed it as petty squabbling.
 According to Rush every candidate does what Trump did. The fact that no candidate in modern memory has slandered and smeared their opponents like Trump seems to have escaped Rush.

• Technical
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2016, 12:57:11 pm »
The country has moved left center;

Cry about why your candidate didn't win instead of blaming Rush, Rush wasn't running for President, no Rush couldn't have destroyed Trump.

You'll be crying in November. Hillary is gonna bend Trump over like a prison bitch. Like Milo.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2016, 01:09:10 pm »
Rush is by his own words, an entertainer. He says many things we want to hear to keep us entertained. I think he believes many of them and I think he is more conservative than not most times.

But he said it. I didn't. He is an entertainer.

Back when Pelosi took the gavel he was on his show admitting his remorse over carrying GOP water. Again, his words. He has OFTEN told his listeners who he is and what he is about.

Factually, Rush AND EVERY OTHER talking head votes GOP no matter what. They do not vote conservative. They vote for who and whatever the GOP brings to the dance...who THE VOTERS brought to the dance.

I do not remotely blame these 'conservative media" types for milking their audiences dry. They are very open in their words and actions. They spout 'conservatism' every day until, the one day that actually matters. Election day. Then 1.9/3.9 years of "CONSERVATIVE OR DIE!" rethoric becomes "Well, this time we gotta...BUT NEXT TIME we will stick to our guns  because THIS TIME is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER!!!"

Rinse and repeat every election.

Yes. Their audience deserves to be milked dry. If they havent learned by now, they never will.
They spout 'conservatism' every day until, the one day that actually matters. Election day. Then 1.9/3.9 years of "CONSERVATIVE OR DIE!" rethoric becomes "Well, this time we gotta...BUT NEXT TIME we will stick to our guns  because THIS TIME is the MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION EVER!!!

Interesting and cogent point. All these conservative radio talking heads rant about how we much choose the most conservative candidate who is electable. Especially Hannity. Then he backs someone who has been conservative for about five minutes and junked all the actual real conservative candidates.
I remember one year ago when all the various conservative pundits and talking heads were going on about what a great selection of candidates the Republican Party had this election season. Then it was like somebody pulled the rug out from underneath the voters. The worst bait and switch operation in political history and we end up with that incredible orange-faced, horse's a** Trump as our candidate. I still can't believe it. But there it is. Like a bad dream that never ends.
Now all the conservative radio talking heads who backed Trump have lost whatever integrity they had. They've backed a candidate who not only was not a conservative but who had the same moral failings as all the Dem candidates the talking heads have been whining about and condemning for decades. How these people can look at themselves in the mirror is a wonder.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2016, 01:12:02 pm »
I've been listening to Beck each morning. Problem is he comes on after I am in the office. He gets a little "out there" but otherwise I feel like I see eye to eye on him, same thoughts, etc. Surprising, because I never liked Beck previously.
Beck does get a little too maudlin at times, but overall his show is quite listenable. He operates somewhat differently than most talk show hosts with all those other guys chiming in. One of them sounds a  lot like Beck with his voice. But if that's the way he wants it, it's his show.